Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Black Desert may come in EU this year

ikcinikcin AmberPosts: 620Member Common

According to 2p.com, Pearl Abyss confirmed the English version of Black Desert will enter EU in 2014 or 2015. No any plan in NA market was reported so far. 

Comments

• rounnerrounner CanberraPosts: 603Member Uncommon
    What does 'enter' mean, beginning of alpha or release?
  • PigozzPigozz CPosts: 842Member

Thats a great news!

The more I read about the game the more excited I am

Seamless world with such gfx is something definately worth considering!

MMOs played chronologically:
    Runescape,Lineage II, WoW,Tabula Rasa, AoC,Eve Online,Guild Wars, Rift(beta only),SWTOR(beta only),Star Trek Online
    Most fun: Tabula Rasa

• MaRTiDoReMaRTiDoRe BarcelonaPosts: 22Member Uncommon

Good news but not as good as expected...

I already knew they are working in the english version client and that they will have it soon. But they don't mention anything about a publisher here in EU... which is what worries me the most.

This game can be a tremendously big succes if managed by the right publisher. Do we have one in Europe? Not sure about it... There is thread about that.

Videogame Developer - www.martidore.com

• ShaighShaigh Posts: 547Member Uncommon
    We don't even have a time table for when it comes to Korea or a name for a western publisher, so not going to put much faith in a one year old article telling us when the game could come to europe.
  • ArthasmArthasm LoznicaPosts: 754Member Uncommon
    2p.com is one of the sites you put in >>Blocked Content/Sites<<.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Somewhere in nowherePosts: 2,328Member Uncommon

A year old article indeed...

It isn't even out yet in Korea, so I'd say that is extremely unlikely.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,572Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

Its not even out in Korea - exactly.

The game has to launch in Korea first, then Western publishers wait for 6 months to see how the game does.

Then it takes another year before the game has a chance of launching in the west.

So 2016 is the earliest you will see this in EU/NA, if at all.

• ikcinikcin AmberPosts: 620Member Common
    Originally posted by DMKano

The game has to launch in Korea first, then Western publishers wait for 6 months to see how the game does.

Then it takes another year before the game has a chance of launching in the west.

In fact the game will be released in Korea, Japan, China and Russia at the same time. Again you are writhing nonsense. The good news is, that russian publisher is Innova, which managed Lineage 2 for EU, at least a good news for EU :)

• KJ30KJ30 RomePosts: 47Member
    This is one game i cannot wait to play. Character models/animations are really good , remind me a bit of vindictus detail level and quality. Hope we have good release news soon.
    Originally posted by ikcin

In fact the game will be released in Korea, Japan, China and Russia at the same time. Again you are writhing nonsense. The good news is, that russian publisher is Innova, which managed Lineage 2 for EU, at least a good news for EU :)

Whoa thats a great news, considering the speed in which they negotiated the publishing in Russia I wouldnt be surprised if they were in a rush for a European launch

Runescape,Lineage II, WoW,Tabula Rasa, AoC,Eve Online,Guild Wars, Rift(beta only),SWTOR(beta only),Star Trek Online

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 ZurichPosts: 880Member Uncommon

something is weird...other mmos with 200+ ppl teams are 5-6 years in the making and they make a larger "better" game with a quarter of the people in less than half the time?

smells fishy to me

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon ParisPosts: 2,086Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nemesis7884

something is weird...other mmos with 200+ ppl teams are 5-6 years in the making and they make a larger "better" game with a quarter of the people in less than half the time?

smells fishy to me

Nope it smells of mmo's are cheaper to make in Asia and right now eastern devs are making western devs look silly and lacking any imagination.

Coolermaster Cosmos II Case
    Corsair AX1200W Modular PSU
    Intel Core i7 3970X OC 4.50GHz
    Asus P9X79 PRO Intel X7
    16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-1866MHz
    840 Series 250GB SSDs
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDDs
    EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN 6GB GDDR5 SLi

Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by Nemesis7884

smells fishy to me

Nope it smells of mmo's are cheaper to make in Asia and right now eastern devs are making western devs look silly and lacking any imagination.

cool story bro - but i was using archeage as an example which has been in development since 2006 and had a 200+ ppl team...

• stayontargetstayontarget Tacoma, WAPosts: 6,068Member Uncommon
    Sounds like their still looking for a publisher for NA.  This might take awhile.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,928Member Uncommon

Good that a game like this is getting some attention here. Nice change in a forum full of posts related to games like Wildstar and TESO.

Not saying BD will necessarily be the game to change the market, but at least it goes in a different direction than 99% of MMOs of last decade.

As for the title, I do not believe there is any chance we will get to play this in 2014. My wild guess would be closed beta in 2015, release Q2 2016.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• ArakaziArakazi OxfordPosts: 889Member
    I was excited for this then I saw a gameplay video. Everyone looked the same! The giants looked like other giants, casters looked like other casters and fighters look like other fighters, It was like watching clones. Given that there was a video on its in depth character creation, I'm totally confused on how this happened.
    Originally posted by Arakazi
    I was excited for this then I saw a gameplay video. Everyone looked the same! The giants looked like other giants, casters looked like other casters and fighters look like other fighters, It was like watching clones. Given that there was a video on its in depth character creation, I'm totally confused on how this happened.

You probably watched the videos were everyone DID looked the same - players were playing templates because it is a BETA! the first closed beta actually

player character look different now, though there seems to be quite a few different gear models but I guess they want to test the core systems initially, they dont care about the looks really now, which is rather obvious

btw here is a nice video showing the level of detail of high level armor and customization - again, it blows out of water most other AAA mmos:

http://calpheon.com/2014/04/armor-previews-for-the-warrior-sorceress-ranger-and-predator/

• KJ30KJ30 RomePosts: 47Member
    Korean Market seems to be a really realy fast growing market  for mmos-online games and technology in general !!!
  • sync8sync8 Bucuresti, TXPosts: 40Member
    Originally posted by KJ30
    Korean Market seems to be a really realy fast growing market  for mmos-online games and technology in general !!!

It is :)

Still no publisher for EU or NA yet huh?

I see that on 14th May the RU publisher will be announced.

Originally posted by sync8
    Originally posted by KJ30

It is :)

Still no publisher for EU or NA yet huh?

I see that on 14th May the RU publisher will be announced.

Again - announced publisher is nice, it doesn't mean it will launch this year at all.

The game has to launch in Korea 1st.

The whole idea for a new MMO from a new small company launching in multiple regions at once = laughable.

Sorry - the amount of work and money required for simultaneous launches is INSANE which is why it's almost never done.

Originally posted by ikcin

If they even attempt to do this - it's gonna be a MASSIVE failure - as they will have to address issues in 4 different regions at the same time - not even Blizzard would attempt this.

No company would ever attempt this for a MMORPG.

A single player game - sure but a simultaneous launch of a MMO for 4 different localizations - Not even Blizzard would attempt this and they have billions of dollars in their bank.

I am writing nonsense?

Show me some proof that Black Desert will launch on the same date in 4 different languages by 4 different publishers.

Do you know how much stuff devs have to change for China MMORPGs? Massive changes, and they all have to be approved by the Chinese entertainment laws.

So - THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL that Black Desert will launch in China at the same time as 3 other regions.

You sir are writing nonsense.

• Mordeth123Mordeth123 OsPosts: 15Member

The time-table seems too optimistic but hopefully it's being worked on behind closed doors, somewhere :)

Not really into Eastern MMO's, but this doesn't look half bad.

• TeccaTecca Albuquerque, NMPosts: 7Member

This game will definitely be worth the wait, regardless of when it's released. After getting into the second closed beta and playing for the last couple of weeks, I can easily say that this MMO will be a sure success. And I don't even know Korean. Of course there is such a thing as "too late," so let's hope that's not the case.

Oh, and the Russian publisher will be GameNet.ru according to the Google Analytics tracking code found on the official RU Black Desert site.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Sugar Grove, VAPosts: 1,550Member Uncommon
    If the game doesnt drag on for a long time it should be a pretty good success. But if its like AA and it takes forever then the next big thing will be on its way.

what is kinda putting me off with the game is the class/skill system...it just seems so outdated