Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW is Still Great. They just need to fire everyone top level. No Content for 12 months is ridicules

Comments

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

WoW was a great game in its day.
    Activision caused the game to lose a great deal of customers.
    Since Activision was bought out and its back to the original mindset, it should get better. The question remains, will it be to little, to late?

I played for almost 7yrs. Obviously like everyone, I took a few breaks a long the way.
    I wish the players who remain loyal to Blizzard the best, and hope the new Expansion is solid.

As for me, Im moving on to the Stars.. Wildstar.

I think they took everything Great about WoW and tweaked it.. made it better, changed the skin and added a lot of new Goodies.

Ask any Vanilla WoW Player, what was the best part of Vanilla Wow.. One answer.. The raiding.

I think Wildstar is going to be Vanilla WoW Raiding on Steroids. With the mentality that Only the Strong Survive.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    They are all too busy bailing water out of the "Titan"ic?

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Krimzin

WoW was a great game in its day.
    Activision caused the game to lose a great deal of customers.
    Since Activision was bought out and its back to the original mindset, it should get better. The question remains, will it be to little, to late?

I played for almost 7yrs. Obviously like everyone, I took a few breaks a long the way.
    I wish the players who remain loyal to Blizzard the best, and hope the new Expansion is solid.

As for me, Im moving on to the Stars.. Wildstar.

I think they took everything Great about WoW and tweaked it.. made it better, changed the skin and added a lot of new Goodies.

Ask any Vanilla WoW Player, what was the best part of Vanilla Wow.. One answer.. The raiding.

I think Wildstar is going to be Vanilla WoW Raiding on Steroids. With the mentality that Only the Strong Survive.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Activision wasn't bought out from Blizzard, Activision, Bobby Kotik and investor's recently bought out Vivendi and now own Blizzard.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

You have two options :

Take a year off of MMORPGs before every WoW Expansion.

or

Play one of the many newer games that are 10x better and actually put some effort into their games.

The choice is yours!

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Originally posted by Jimmydean
    You have two options :Take a year off of MMORPGs before every WoW Expansion.orPlay one of the many newer games that are 10x better and actually put some effort into their games. The choice is yours!

mmmmm Jimmy Dean.. Just bought some JimmyDean for Sunday morning Breakfast..

But your also right about the choices as well.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Originally posted by Shadoed
    Originally posted by grapevine
    As to why? Because people are subscribing to a game for over a year and not getting any new content.  Add that to the cost of the expansion and it's simply a rip off.  Especially when in reality all they are getting is some new raid content, as the levelling experience will be quickly irrelevant.

In all of these posts you are making the assumption that everyone burns through the content at the same accelerated rate but in reality this is no-where near true. What percentage of people do you believe has seen all of the raid content right through until the end compared to what percentage of people are still gearing to get through that content? Check how busy the Timeless isle is even now to get an idea.

As has been said, Blizzard have never been a company to drop a content update just for the sake of it, they have their plans and they stick to them and it has done them no harm to date. I have been in other MMO's that have rushed content because they announce launch dates before having the content ready and it destroys player confidence in the product. For some, no matter how fast they released their content it would never be quick enough.

http://www.wowprogress.com/stats

Most at least complete current Tier LFR in a very short period.   Beyond that is just different difficulty levels.  Most have cleared Normal SoE and did so quite some time ago.   Casual players in WoW are able to see and clear content with ease.

You can see in the graph that T16 is leveling off, which aligns with when we'd have typically seen a content patch for the next Tier, but they only do that for the 1st year of an expansion.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

The sad truth is, that even EA/Bioware is pumping out more content for Swtor, than WoW currently is.

It's the bureaucrats at the top, that are to blame.  They are the ones that stifle progress, because they are busy worrying about management.  In other words, they don't care about their customers.  They care about their own jobs.

The actual developers; coders, animators, modelers, lead designer, etc... are absolutely capable of giving out content fast, but they are hindered by management and studio politics.

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

WOW and Blizzard went downhill once they got involved with Activision really. Most of their top talent had left by the time the Lich King expansion came to an end and it showed.

These days Blizzard islagging behind it's competitors and is probably going to struggle over the next few years. Their replacement MMO (Titan) is all but canceled, no one was interested in it. Wow is not going to be able to compete with new MMOs (like Everquest Next) which is the same genre, but using vastly superior technology like procedural generation.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Yeah, it sucks. But at the same time most people haven't actually cleared heroic SoO, and imo playing through LFR isn't really doing the content.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Yea it's my current big gripe with WoW. After the simplification of raid content, the dumbing down of talent trees, etc. I was able to hit level cap on my warrior in 1.5 months as well as get full raid gear (including the second best 2h axe in the game from SoO) playing 2-3 hours a day.

It's so casual at this point that 12 months with no new content just seems like shooting yourself in the foot. The game still has the potential to be one of the best games out there, but they keep dumbing the game down further and further, pigeon holing classes with lackluster talent choices, introducing Timesink Isle which really doesn't get you anything you can't get raiding a few nights a week for a couple of weeks, and making it less and less social with LFR. It's become quite a mess honestly, I hope they can salvage the situation before they bleed too many more subs!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    The new pvp dev and Ghostcrawler leaving are the best things to happen to WoW in years. They need to replace quite a few more top side though. I don't know how big they think Titan will be but i can pretty much guarantee it won't even compare to the original WoW, especially if they're canabalizing any of the current WoW devs.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    The new pvp dev and Ghostcrawler leaving are the best things to happen to WoW in years. They need to replace quite a few more top side though. I don't know how big they think Titan will be but i can pretty much guarantee it won't even compare to the original WoW, especially if they're canabalizing any of the current WoW devs.

Titan was cancelled late last year I believe. They are probably pulling them to work on HotS.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

Yea it's my current big gripe with WoW. After the simplification of raid content, the dumbing down of talent trees, etc. I was able to hit level cap on my warrior in 1.5 months as well as get full raid gear (including the second best 2h axe in the game from SoO) playing 2-3 hours a day.

It's so casual at this point that 12 months with no new content just seems like shooting yourself in the foot. The game still has the potential to be one of the best games out there, but they keep dumbing the game down further and further, pigeon holing classes with lackluster talent choices, introducing Timesink Isle which really doesn't get you anything you can't get raiding a few nights a week for a couple of weeks, and making it less and less social with LFR. It's become quite a mess honestly, I hope they can salvage the situation before they bleed too many more subs!

And in WoD they're removing DoT clipping, one thing that's still left in the game to separate bad players and good players lol.

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • -aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852

Originally posted by NasherUK
    WOW and Blizzard went downhill once they got involved with Activision really. Most of their top talent had left by the time the Lich King expansion came to an end and it showed.These days Blizzard islagging behind it's competitors and is probably going to struggle over the next few years. Their replacement MMO (Titan) is all but canceled, no one was interested in it. Wow is not going to be able to compete with new MMOs (like Everquest Next) which is the same genre, but using vastly superior technology like procedural generation.

You are doing allot of assumptions here, first Titan "no one was interested in it", what do you mean by that? Consumers don't even know what the game was about, they canceled it because they wanted to, no one knows the real reason but Blizzard.

Everquest Next won't kill WoW, dream on.

Blizzard is still earning more revenue then most MMORPG's combined, with new additions like Heartstone and Heroes of the Storm they will keep making allot of cash.

If you take a look at twitch.tv you will see that Blizzard currently has 3-4 titles in the top viewed category over many months.

Blizzard won't go anywhere.

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

I unsubbed because I was bored due to lack of new content.

Blizzard is obviously making too much money to care.  If it was my business, I'd recognise that new, regular content = continued subs, which funds more content and keeps the player-base happy and stops them wandering off to find a new game (some of whom will not return).

Come on Blizzard, sort your strategy out and give us something new to do every 3 months - if you want our money.

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

World of Warcraft died long ago and was replaced by a Raid multiplayer lobby system and a mount collection parody of Team Fortress 2 hat crap.

Every once in a while release new raid "maps" for the system, a couple of new mounts to collect and keep cashing in those millions from "unsuspecting fanboys". After a while drop a new expansion full of raid maps and dozens of new mount collectibles. Everyone will love you for it.

Repeat cycle as many times as neccesary.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by laserit

As long as the dollars continue to roll in, it will remain business as usual.

I wonder if there will ever be "a straw that broke the camel's back"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This exactly.

Until the sheeple that still play wow wake up and pull the wool from their eyes, it will be business as usual.

Why should they continue to spend money on content when the existing playerbase continues to just pay full price as usual?

A lot of us old EQ vets find it hilariously amusing cus we know what its like to quit your first MMO.  Its a hard decision to make.  And there are apparently 7 million or so people who just can't bring themselves to make that decision.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Is Ridicules a cross between Riddick and Hercules? I mean, that would be ridiculous.

I <3 you.  I was going to say something to but, as they say, if someone else said it better....

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Originally posted by Hrimnir
    Originally posted by laserit

As long as the dollars continue to roll in, it will remain business as usual.

I wonder if there will ever be "a straw that broke the camel's back"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This exactly.

Until the sheeple that still play wow wake up and pull the wool from their eyes, it will be business as usual.

Why should they continue to spend money on content when the existing playerbase continues to just pay full price as usual?

A lot of us old EQ vets find it hilariously amusing cus we know what its like to quit your first MMO.  Its a hard decision to make.  And there are apparently 7 million or so people who just can't bring themselves to make that decision.

Spot on Hrimnir.

People willing to throw money at Blizzard for no effort on their part, means 1 year of a huge sub-based income for ZERO effort from Blizzard.

The new expansion is the same cost as a full game, so their are getting well-paid for this. 

I actually can't believe that a sub game can go a year without any content.

Seriously people, you've got to hit Blizzard in the pocket to make them recognise that they are a business with customers, not simply a cashcow that takes it's income for granted.

Each major expansion should actually be part of the subs that you pay each month, given the millions they make for so little effort.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Amazing as it might be, people actually like playing the game
  • sldropsldrop Member Posts: 112

They are making money...they dont give a rat ass lol so 

Stop your sub and stop buying xpac..... until they change.

BUt....it wont happen because too many people just sub for subing lol

Originally posted by Horusra
    Amazing as it might be, people actually like playing the game

Well that's a bit of an obvious statement, but it doesn't change the fact that the game could become more value for money if Blizzard valued their customers and treat them with some respect.  Take subs for 12 months for doing jack - that's poor.

Stop drinking water they charge for that and do not change...
    To you it is poor others play to be with friends and they enjoy their time. Some see there subs paying for support and upcomming content. Other want to pay to keep the game out of the F2P slums.
  • CanibalolerCanibaloler Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by Viadric
    Still better than ESO.