Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the best UI/Add-ons to get and how to install them?

SoldorSoldor Member UncommonPosts: 81
Can anyone direct me how to install the add-ons and which ones are the best to get? thx

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Soldor
    Can anyone direct me how to install the add-ons and which ones are the best to get? thx

There are quite a few threads on this already. I suggest you either look through them, or just download Minion and look at what's popular.

• PreythanPreythan Member Posts: 66
    The easiest place to get addons is esoui.com.  There is also a download manager called "Minion".  I recommend getting Minion...much easier than downloading them yourself.
  • DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701
    You install them by going to documents then elderscrolls online folder then live then addons, copy+ past the add-on in there.
  • ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381

I like the mini-map add-on and the skyshard add-on, it shows the location of all the skyshards on your map and minimap if you have it.  They also have one that tracks the location of all the resource nodes you've discovered.   All from esoui.com

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Best site for add-ons...

http://www.esoui.com/addons.php?s=d759724c1ca676ebe4a6656f23ca7ca0

1. SkyShards

Is a must anything else is ok, don't get the mini map, tried that doesn't work right ;)

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    Originally posted by chaintm

Best site for add-ons...

1. SkyShards

Is a must anything else is ok, don't get the mini map, tried that doesn't work right ;)

The ZrMinimap? I love that thing, And HarvestMap. Records all the gathering nodes that you find and puts it on your map and ZrMinimap if you use it.

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Falcomith
    Originally posted by chaintm

Best site for add-ons...

1. SkyShards

The ZrMinimap? I love that thing, And HarvestMap. Records all the gathering nodes that you find and puts it on your map and ZrMinimap if you use it.

That's the one, HavestMap.  Yeah my ZRMini works perfectly.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Getting minion is your best bet. I really like the skyshard one, mini map, and I think i downloaded all the crafting ones haha.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Minion

I'm only using lootdrop and zambuffdisplay

I like to keep it minimal.  I may go get skyshards too, but I think the harvesting one would clutter everything up way too much.  There are way too many harvesting nodes, and I think it would just be a cluster F of icons everywhere.

• DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189

You can download Minion to automatically install and update the addons for you, or you can install them by yourself by follow the following guide - How do I install an Addon?

Here's the list of Addons I recommend:

• Azurah - make UI moveable.
    • Biki's Dialog Tweaks - Add number to front of response dialogs, so you know which number to press instead of click the mouse.
    • Biki's Inventory Item Borders - Make you feel good when you see all your equipments are fill with rarity colours, and their durability.
    • Craft Research Timer - Let you know how long until research is ready for the next batch at a glance.
    • Foundry Tactical Combat - Just to get that buff / debuff duration icons.
    • LootDrop - See what you just looted at the corner of the screen, a must if you turn on auto-loot.
    • Wykkyd's Framework - For all in one status bar such as XP number, time until your horse is ready to get fed, how much space left in your inventory, how much gold do you have, etc.
    • Nog's Simple Crafting Tooltip - So you can compare what you have currently equipped to what you just about to craft.
    • Research Assistant - Help you identify which trait on the item you already researched.
    • SkyShards - Add location of the skyshards to the world map, and minimap if you have one.
    • SoftcapInfo - Know how many points left until you reach the cap on your stats.
    • ZrMiniMap - Minimap. What else can I say?
    • Reticle Settings (Custom Crosshair) - My own Addon. Allow you to show/hide, adjust size and transparency, or display custom Reticles.
    These are pretty much what I'm using.
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Divona

You can download Minion to automatically install and update the addons for you, or you can install them by yourself by follow the following guide - How do I install an Addon?

Here's the list of Addons I recommend:

• Azurah - make UI moveable.
    • Biki's Dialog Tweaks - Add number to front of response dialogs, so you know which number to press instead of click the mouse.
    • Biki's Inventory Item Borders - Make you feel good when you see all your equipments are fill with rarity colours, and their durability.
    • Craft Research Timer - Let you know how long until research is ready for the next batch at a glance.
    • Foundry Tactical Combat - Just to get that buff / debuff duration icons.
    • LootDrop - See what you just looted at the corner of the screen, a must if you turn on auto-loot.
    • Wykkyd's Framework - For all in one status bar such as XP number, time until your horse is ready to get fed, how much space left in your inventory, how much gold do you have, etc.
    • Nog's Simple Crafting Tooltip - So you can compare what you have currently equipped to what you just about to craft.
    • Research Assistant - Help you identify which trait on the item you already researched.
    • SkyShards - Add location of the skyshards to the world map, and minimap if you have one.
    • SoftcapInfo - Know how many points left until you reach the cap on your stats.
    • ZrMiniMap - Minimap. What else can I say?
    • Reticle Settings (Custom Crosshair) - My own Addon. Allow you to show/hide, adjust size and transparency, or display custom Reticles.
    These are pretty much what I'm using.

Thank you this was very helpful.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.