Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want a new MMORPG to play

ektyper4lifeektyper4life Member Posts: 2

Hello everyone. I hate doing this but I had to sign up so i could ask this. I have tried to find the following MMORPG that I would love to play but alas I can't seem to find anything. So before I just give up and go back to FF-XI (11) and pay the monthly fee I would love you guys to tell me some MMORPGs' that are as close to this description. 

1. I want an mmorpg that is sort of like FFXI, meaning it has to have an economy and the in game money actually has to be USEFUL.

2. Skills, in ffxi you can fish and then sell for gil (least last I checked) and overall the lore is just awesome!

3. PARTY, I don't like to just sit and solo all day long, I believe the point of playing an online rpg is to play with other people so this mmo has to be challenging and has to make it where you gotta play with others.

4. P2W  I do not want to play a game that is pay to win, in game economy THAT'S IT!

5. Graphics / Animations, I want an mmo that even the walking and running animations are amazing, kind of how FFXI and FFXIV (was) the animations were just great.

Most of you guys are going to just say, well looks like you just described FFXI guess you better just go back, but I was just hoping there was a MMO like this that is free and that I can pick up while I am not working without having to pay a monthly sub. So if you guys can point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Thank you!

Comments

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Age of Conan

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323
    Originally posted by ektyper4life

Hello everyone. I hate doing this but I had to sign up so i could ask this. I have tried to find the following MMORPG that I would love to play but alas I can't seem to find anything. So before I just give up and go back to FF-XI (11) and pay the monthly fee I would love you guys to tell me some MMORPGs' that are as close to this description. 

1. I want an mmorpg that is sort of like FFXI, meaning it has to have an economy and the in game money actually has to be USEFUL.

2. Skills, in ffxi you can fish and then sell for gil (least last I checked) and overall the lore is just awesome!

3. PARTY, I don't like to just sit and solo all day long, I believe the point of playing an online rpg is to play with other people so this mmo has to be challenging and has to make it where you gotta play with others.

4. P2W  I do not want to play a game that is pay to win, in game economy THAT'S IT!

5. Graphics / Animations, I want an mmo that even the walking and running animations are amazing, kind of how FFXI and FFXIV (was) the animations were just great.

Most of you guys are going to just say, well looks like you just described FFXI guess you better just go back, but I was just hoping there was a MMO like this that is free and that I can pick up while I am not working without having to pay a monthly sub. So if you guys can point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Thank you!

The MMO I'm currently playing is Tera online, as a FFXI player I think ESO would probably be what you would like but since you said free to play I'll go along with Tera online.

1. Money is useful in this game, you can buy all the cash shop items with gold.  Aside from getting and upgrading your gear of course.  Keep in mind that building gold is not something you can do before you hit level 60, very much like ffxi the methods of getting gold only become viable at cap.

2. Lore isn't great in Tera, it's similar quality to ffxiv, they spent a lot of money on the story and voice acting but it's still poor. They put all their effort into the combat system which is amazing, action combat system which only really shows it's quality when you play dungeons or fight notorious monsters that can kill you in a few hits if you don't physically dodge attacks.

3. I don't think many games really support the party system anymore, they do have the dungeons and battlegrounds that are easy to get into as you level or at endgame and you can sometimes party up for the big notorious monster quests though.

4. Tera isn't pay to win at all, it has one of the best free to play systems I've seen..which is why I'm currently playing it.  The main asset as I mentioned earlier is that you can buy all cash shop items from other players who sell them ingame.

5. Graphics and animation are among the best you'll see in any mmo but you'll need a good pc to run it.

Just make sure you get the North American version of Tera from Enmasse, the EU verison with Gameforge is terribly run.  Oh and I replied because just like you I enjoyed FFXI and this was the game I went to after I saw how terrible FF14 is.

Rift is also another mmo you might like.

The sad thing about FFXI is that FFXI isn't even like FFXI anymore.  The game has lost most of its players, the content is nothing like it used to be and the party system for leveling and community are gone.

• ektyper4lifeektyper4life Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I tried out TERA and just couldn't get into it for some reason, it ran horribly on my  laptop for some reason even with the following specs.

CPU: i7 Q40M 1.73 - 2.9 Ghz

GPU: Ati 5870 Mobility 1GB GDDR5

RAM: 6GB can't remember if its 5 or 3 in ddr

But all around that should be good enough to run alot of stuff. Also I completely understand, FFXI back when it came out had an awesome community and thats why I am so iffy about going back and paying the fee!