Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honest review from lvl50 VR6

I just want to share my experience so far at TESO. I'm already level 50 and veteran lvl 6, please don't think there is a huge difference at VR10, there is not.

GFX, Production level & Perfomance

This must be the most powerfull MMO in terms of GOOD graphics and awesome perfomance. I mean, when you're playing along 100 people on your side, you know you're in a well optimized game so far.  I can't say the same about design art, really. There's an impressive areas, with very good use of lighting and such effects, but in terms of artistic design, the game is pretty boring and unvaried.

The world seems static, nothing really moves, nothing is alive. NPCs are boring, acting like robots, I mean obviously they don't have life, but it lacks personality. Sincerely I don't care about their lives and his problems.

There are really impressive things like Dark Anchors, but after seeing them for 4 or 5 times, fail to impress me. They are all the same except for the enemies you find... but there are not many variety If have to tell you.

Leveling & VR content

Leveling is really fun when you touch it for the first time, so far the first zone, then you get to the second and it's exactly the same, then the third and the fourth straight lose interest except for the main quest. 

All areas are equal: minizones with quest hubs that are only 2 or 3 chain quests that direct you to another minizone. Around them there public dungeons, skyshards and bosses for 3 or 4 people, nothing relevant or exciting after having done for 10 times.

And that's another annoying thing, in terms of replayability the game does not offer so much. Oh yeah, now you're 50 and have to climb 10 veteran levels, but they feels like another extra 10 levels more but demanding more experience per level, they are not anything special and you not feel more powerful with them.

Veteran content just consist on playing "new areas" without the main quest missions or guild missions, ie, the best quests. It's like you're just playing the boring parts of the game. Sorry to saying, but main quest and guild quests are very well done it, but the rest are just a meh.

Dungeons

Some of them are extremely short, which is not a bad thing, but they are not anything special. Many of them feels like filler content. A small area with 3 or 4 bosses super-easy to do. I do not understand why people claims that they are hard or rewarding... I'm doing Veteran dungeons with my group of friends, and are really EASY to do. Please, even the first dungeon in Wildstar is 10 times more difficult than this.

About the rewards, oh boy, the design is moving actually in the wrong way. What a complete mess, the loot have to be obtained by chests, because bosses usually drops nothing but trash. It's quite normal to finish the dungeon without any item, I meant gear items. 

The problem with chests is that anyone can open them, but who design this system? It's horrible to play with pugs, really.

PVP

I will not say much else about that PVP, since I'm not a fan of this kind of PVP. Do not understand how people like to play with groups of 100 people, destroying people on the road that has no choice and conquering holdings while one group and another fight from a distance, and no one dares to approach because they die. (insta-die)

For me it is boring, but I have to admit that sieges looks technically impressive, are a joy to watch. But in terms of fun, not my cup of tea. Yeah I know you can carry a small group to roam, but it's not so much better. YEP, I'm more an Arenas, BGs and open world PVP, but not that "open world pvp".

Nothing to say, respect for those who like, really, just not designed for me.

UI & Guild Stores

This should probably be the worst UI I've seen in a long time, I mean, why if something works well, you change it to be tedious and uncomfortable? There are things that are really annoying, ugly menus and uncomfortable to use it, like inventory system, so much skyrim alike... not works well for a MMO. Don't trying to tell me is "different", it's not, just a poor UI design.

About the Guild Stores, oh boy, I remember when they announced that game would not allow auction houses like others MMO, what a false statement. Actually there are auction houses that are designed only for clans, and each clan can only allow a maximum of 500 players.

There is no search engine for the AH, it's just horrible. You put "mats" and let you out, you can not even organize them.

BUGS

Finally my favorite section. Yes, there are bunch of people who saying that have not been experienced any bug, the game is 10, good for them, but for the rest of us we have experienced a huge amount of bugs.

Stop summoning your mount, floor breaking and absorb your character to infinity and beyond, NPC disappeare and never come back, NPC that stop working, quest items that become non-interactive,quest bugged missions that break your progress (and there are people who can not climb veteran levels for a week because ZeniMax has not fixed yet), graphic effects that stay permanent in your character, items that disappear from your inventory and rollbacks that randomly affect a group of people and returns them to 20 minutes in the past.

And this is only a small of them, trust me. Me and friends of mine, such people around the game experienced more than that.

This game is far from be "release candidate", there are too uncomfortable problems, and it's very sad to see how other games in recent years have come out in a much better way. Well polished, something that TESO lacks a lot.

High End Content

Disappointing. Everything is based on up to 50 and then up 10 plus extra levels do not really add anything new. Content is nonexistent, set up with gear and go throght Cyrodiil. PVE is nothing but adventure zones, and they are not in the game atm. So you do nothing but pvp.

No more to say, really. Content is not exist atm as well, is more of the same without a purpose or goal, just like GW2 but with vertical advance. Yup, there is a carrot, but a bad one.

Finals words

I don't understand the hype for this game, it seems mediocre at best. I sincerely believe that as today there are better games to play on the market or most interesting and not too distant future release.

Yep, you gonna burn me out, but truste me when I say I'm not a hater. if I'm a one of them then I dropped this game long before. I taking some fun, but I will droped as soon as Wildstar set down in the store.

Please respect my points, jus't dont come and say: Go back to WoW, go back to something, "can I have your stuff?". Please be mature. 

Comments

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    wow veteran 6, played alot I guess... one thing kept interesting me you often named wildstar, how can you be sure that it is mediocore aswell?
  • Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Hey Op, yeah I agree with what you are saying, although I have not played ESO to the extent at which you have. I played the beta, and played the game for 1-2 days straight, and physically could not log in after that, it just gave me no interest at all to play it. And yeah, I am really looking forward to wildstar, I played that beta as well and OMG, I played throughout any closed beta I could and could not get enough of it, wildstar is truly an awesome game, in my opinion anyway, I have also heard good things a bout eso, dont get me wrong, but its just not really my cup of tea. Good to hear your thoughts on the game. :)
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Veteran Rank 6.  Jesus, some of you folks gotta get out and experience life a little bit.  

Anyway, quick question about the Veteran Rank leveling.  When you are in the other faction zones, how do they integrate that into the lore?  Are they quests?  And if there are, how does that work in the enemy zones?  I know you don't run into the other faction, but I was wondering how they integrate those quests and explain why you are able to quest while in "enemy" territory.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Gonna have to pass here. That high you skipped and jumped and missed so much of this game. Then to say "honest"... maybe honest but its like a speeding cars view out the window.

V6 and then say no diff with v10.. haha yeah that right there.. says it all. Get there then say it.

I have no respect for people like this. You paid for this you played it the way you wanted great.  Getting to 50 v+ in this mmo is not saying anything. Takes a good day to get there. Then a few more for V+. 

hey you raced through. you like it loved it grats. A review from a not a bike but a INDY car! haha just playing.

• WaylarkWaylark Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Zeblade

Gonna have to pass here. That high you skipped and jumped and missed so much of this game. Then to say "honest"... maybe honest but its like a speeding cars view out the window.

V6 and then say no diff with v10.. haha yeah that right there.. says it all. Get there then say it.

I have no respect for people like this. You paid for this you played it the way you wanted great.  Getting to 50 v+ in this mmo is not saying anything. Takes a good day to get there. Then a few more for V+. 

hey you raced through. you like it loved it grats. A review from a not a bike but a INDY car! haha just playing.

I wish you were right, but certainly I have not skipped anything. I have read every quest I've found. I've enjoyed many of them, believe me, they are very well made it. I have completed all the maps (as bugs allows me to do it, ofc...), doing VR content atm, ALL dungeons done it.  Yeah, I've played many hours, do you care about this? You probably do the same in 2 months, fine for me. Why you be rude with people having time to play? Is a problem for you? Jesus...

So explain me what a difference are between VR6 and VR10, maybe I can laught along you :). Yup, there is noone but gear sets. 

How inmature can be you just because someone says something negative about a game? Please move on and If you have something serious to say, do not laugh and explain me something that I missed :P

• ace5572ace5572 Member Posts: 113
    Geez the guy gives an honest review and does it well and the only responses are from rabid fanbois who hate that it wasn't a totally positive review.
  • NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247

Pretty good review. I don't agree with all of your points, but that's to be expected. I find the minimalistic UI pretty enjoyable, and don't plan to download any mods - but I'm an early EQ fanboy, where relying on outside sources (including wikis, maps, etc) just breaks my immersion. You aren't one, but I have to chuckle every time I see someone complain about immersion, given that most people are tabbing out for skyshard maps and other help. There's nothing less immersive than that!

Mostly, I respect that you gave the game a fair shot. Leveled up, dealt with the issues, and determined its worth along the way. For me, it's a game I see myself in for at least a year - but reasonable people can disagree on this point without either being wrong. Bugs bother some people more than others. Having to use /stuck or /reloadui or map out isn't a big deal for me. The only bug REALLY bothering me is a shipman who can't unlock a damn door in Coldharbour. Haha. But yes, I've fallen through the world, been unable to attack things, had to relog, and everything else at this point - although it did go smoothly for me during Early Access, when the server was up.

Good luck finding exactly what you're looking for man, and cheers to those of us that have found it with ESO.

- Nellus

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Zeblade

You didnt read did you? he mentioned about questing so he didnt skip the content or grinded on mobs. yes he played a lot..why do you care about that? lets stick to talking about the game.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by ace5572
    Geez the guy gives an honest review and does it well and the only responses are from rabid fanbois who hate that it wasn't a totally positive review.

There's actually only been one response like that on this thread thus far.  But please, continue on...

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Slackker

Pretty good review. I don't agree with all of your points, but that's to be expected. I find the minimalistic UI pretty enjoyable, and don't plan to download any mods - but I'm an early EQ fanboy, where relying on outside sources (including wikis, maps, etc) just breaks my immersion. You aren't one, but I have to chuckle every time I see someone complain about immersion, given that most people are tabbing out for skyshard maps and other help. There's nothing less immersive than that!

Mostly, I respect that you gave the game a fair shot. Leveled up, dealt with the issues, and determined its worth along the way. For me, it's a game I see myself in for at least a year - but reasonable people can disagree on this point without either being wrong. Bugs bother some people more than others. Having to use /stuck or /reloadui or map out isn't a big deal for me. The only bug REALLY bothering me is a shipman who can't unlock a damn door in Coldharbour. Haha. But yes, I've fallen through the world, been unable to attack things, had to relog, and everything else at this point - although it did go smoothly for me during Early Access, when the server was up.

Good luck finding exactly what you're looking for man, and cheers to those of us that have found it with ESO.

he already did wildstar, even its not even released (just checked profile):p.

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

It was very hard to translate what he wrote.  English is not his native tongue (I hope).

Can someone post a tldr version in English?

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Waylark

I just want to share my experience so far at TESO. I'm already level 50 and veteran lvl 6, please don't think there is a huge difference at VR10, there is not.

GFX, Production level & Perfomance

This must be the most powerfull MMO in terms of GOOD graphics and awesome perfomance. I mean, when you're playing along 100 people on your side, you know you're in a well optimized game so far.  I can't say the same about design art, really. There's an impressive areas, with very good use of lighting and such effects, but in terms of artistic design, the game is pretty boring and unvaried.

The world seems static, nothing really moves, nothing is alive. NPCs are boring, acting like robots, I mean obviously they don't have life, but it lacks personality. Sincerely I don't care about their lives and his problems.

All of the trees and grass moves with the wind, the NPC's go about thier lives as if they are actually doing something

There are really impressive things like Dark Anchors, but after seeing them for 4 or 5 times, fail to impress me. They are all the same except for the enemies you find... but there are not many variety If have to tell you.

Leveling & VR content

Leveling is really fun when you touch it for the first time, so far the first zone, then you get to the second and it's exactly the same, then the third and the fourth straight lose interest except for the main quest. 

I guess if you do not take the time to explore, and are just rushing to max level before the free month is even over, then you mihgt look at it this way.  Did you even read the quest text?

All areas are equal: minizones with quest hubs that are only 2 or 3 chain quests that direct you to another minizone. Around them there public dungeons, skyshards and bosses for 3 or 4 people, nothing relevant or exciting after having done for 10 times.

I have found tons of npc's in the wilderness that offer quests....and definatly more than two or three per "hub" as you refer to the villages scattered about.

And that's another annoying thing, in terms of replayability the game does not offer so much. Oh yeah, now you're 50 and have to climb 10 veteran levels, but they feels like another extra 10 levels more but demanding more experience per level, they are not anything special and you not feel more powerful with them.

Veteran content just consist on playing "new areas" without the main quest missions or guild missions, ie, the best quests. It's like you're just playing the boring parts of the game. Sorry to saying, but main quest and guild quests are very well done it, but the rest are just a meh.

Dungeons

Some of them are extremely short, which is not a bad thing, but they are not anything special. Many of them feels like filler content. A small area with 3 or 4 bosses super-easy to do. I do not understand why people claims that they are hard or rewarding... I'm doing Veteran dungeons with my group of friends, and are really EASY to do. Please, even the first dungeon in Wildstar is 10 times more difficult than this.

I actually laughed at this...

About the rewards, oh boy, the design is moving actually in the wrong way. What a complete mess, the loot have to be obtained by chests, because bosses usually drops nothing but trash. It's quite normal to finish the dungeon without any item, I meant gear items. 

You must be having bad luck, legendary gear drops from the bosses.....as well as other quality items...

The problem with chests is that anyone can open them, but who design this system? It's horrible to play with pugs, really.

Chests are first come first serve and there is always a chance that person will fail...i do not see how actually giving us random chestrs with loot is a bad thing...

PVP

I will not say much else about that PVP, since I'm not a fan of this kind of PVP. Do not understand how people like to play with groups of 100 people, destroying people on the road that has no choice and conquering holdings while one group and another fight from a distance, and no one dares to approach because they die. (insta-die)

For me it is boring, but I have to admit that sieges looks technically impressive, are a joy to watch. But in terms of fun, not my cup of tea. Yeah I know you can carry a small group to roam, but it's not so much better. YEP, I'm more an Arenas, BGs and open world PVP, but not that "open world pvp".

Nothing to say, respect for those who like, really, just not designed for me.

That is because it takes actual TEAMWORK for a siege, not just hack and slash.

UI & Guild Stores

This should probably be the worst UI I've seen in a long time, I mean, why if something works well, you change it to be tedious and uncomfortable? There are things that are really annoying, ugly menus and uncomfortable to use it, like inventory system, so much skyrim alike... not works well for a MMO. Don't trying to tell me is "different", it's not, just a poor UI design.

The inventory is just like any other game, don't know what you are comparing it too.  Maybe you need to try some addons to tailer it more to your liking.

About the Guild Stores, oh boy, I remember when they announced that game would not allow auction houses like others MMO, what a false statement. Actually there are auction houses that are designed only for clans, and each clan can only allow a maximum of 500 players.

500 is a pretty big number.......

There is no search engine for the AH, it's just horrible. You put "mats" and let you out, you can not even organize them.

BUGS

Finally my favorite section. Yes, there are bunch of people who saying that have not been experienced any bug, the game is 10, good for them, but for the rest of us we have experienced a huge amount of bugs.

Stop summoning your mount, floor breaking and absorb your character to infinity and beyond, NPC disappeare and never come back, NPC that stop working, quest items that become non-interactive,quest bugged missions that break your progress (and there are people who can not climb veteran levels for a week because ZeniMax has not fixed yet), graphic effects that stay permanent in your character, items that disappear from your inventory and rollbacks that randomly affect a group of people and returns them to 20 minutes in the past.

And this is only a small of them, trust me. Me and friends of mine, such people around the game experienced more than that.

This game is far from be "release candidate", there are too uncomfortable problems, and it's very sad to see how other games in recent years have come out in a much better way. Well polished, something that TESO lacks a lot.

Name a game that upon release did not have bugs... This has been pretty smooth compared to other MMO releases.

High End Content

Disappointing. Everything is based on up to 50 and then up 10 plus extra levels do not really add anything new. Content is nonexistent, set up with gear and go throght Cyrodiil. PVE is nothing but adventure zones, and they are not in the game atm. So you do nothing but pvp.

No more to say, really. Content is not exist atm as well, is more of the same without a purpose or goal, just like GW2 but with vertical advance. Yup, there is a carrot, but a bad one.

Finals words

I don't understand the hype for this game, it seems mediocre at best. I sincerely believe that as today there are better games to play on the market or most interesting and not too distant future release.

Yep, you gonna burn me out, but truste me when I say I'm not a hater. if I'm a one of them then I dropped this game long before. I taking some fun, but I will droped as soon as Wildstar set down in the store.

Please respect my points, jus't dont come and say: Go back to WoW, go back to something, "can I have your stuff?". Please be mature. 

Meaning no offense, but this review is from a person who seems like they just clicked their way to level 50 without even exploring,crafting, or actually paying attention to the quests in general. Just grind grind grind, done i'm level 50 and i'm bored now, not even a month through release.

Make an alt in a different faction, read the story, listen to the npc's chatter to eachother and observe your surroundings.  When you are in a dungeon, actually look at the enviorment, watch the sun rise and set with the rays shooting through the leaves on the trees.  Join a social guild that knows how to take over a keep and has teamwork.  Try different classes and different armor and skillsets.

The game is what you make it, and judging from what I read, you made it a boring experience for yourself.

• RaZKaLzRaZKaLz Member UncommonPosts: 70
    I didnt play TESO enough to say anything but I like the skills system. And there's something bothering me with Wildstar. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that in PVP there's a way to get an advantage with your camera so you can see 360 degrees around you. And they dont do anything about it. Like who would like to play with a 360 degrees vision  if you cant see your damn character. it would be like playing LoL or Diablo since you are watching from the top of your character.
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    dude....Craglorn isnt even out yet you havent seen the end game yet.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

OP, if you are lvl 50 rank 6, you are going to burn out on WildStar. I have been playing a lot, staying up late, getting up early, and I'm only level 28. That's because I enjoy the stories, and sidequests and exploring. I've also rolled a couple of alts. This is the best game I've ever played. Best for me means most fun and interesting. I'm not saying it's the best game for everyone. But I really appreciate what the developers of this game are trying to do. I love the pvp. You can explore all over Cyrodiil. You can zerg if you want, but I find that battles much more tactical than other zerg games. You can travel in small bands if you want. You can go solo and pick off stragglers if you want. You can quest in a pvp environment if you want because there are plenty of pve quests in Cyrodiil.

BUGS -- this part is true. I enjoy this game so much, I'm playing non-stop, even with bugs, when my time permits. However ZOS needs to get on the ball quick with fixing bugs. I think quick means fixing the game-breaking bugs in the first 30 days and maybe compensating people in some way with some extra game days on top of the 30 days included period.

Here are the bugs I've found that bother me the most in order:

1. When I upgraded from 80 bank slots to 90 at a cost of 6000+ gold, I found that my bank instead went down to 60 slots account wide. That sucks for people who like to craft, especially. I lost 20 slots worth of stuff and my gold. CS said  they are "confident at the moment" that I will get all my stuff back and my gold when they finish the patch they are working on. I will believe it when it happens.

2. Dying in a boss fight due to disconnected, falling through the void, etc. The armor repair costs can add up on buggy quests like that.

3. Problems with disconnection and grouping in AvA. Missing a keep capture because of a disconnect is irritating.

I have hope and faith that this can be the game changer for mmorpgs. WildStar can't hold a candle to ESO from what I've seen in the WS beta and from what I've experienced in ESO. But the BUGS have to go or ESO will just be a great idea that was incompetently executed technically.

I am going to be very patient with ESO because I believe in what ZOS is trying to do. It is extremely ambitious.

As to OP, dude, if you are level 50 rank 6 already and you are crying about being bored and burnt out, I don't know what game you will ever enjoy for long. Good luck with whatever you choose to try next, be it WildStar or whatever after that when you burn out of that game.

• KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198

You can only defend this game if you are a fan-boy with no sense of impartiality, sorry but its true. The review is an impartial one and it didn't even mentioned many of the bugs I've found in-game. ESO is completely riddled with bugs.

I'm level 36 and been playing it slowly, paying attention to the little details, dialogue, everything, been doing a lot of pvp aswell and even though I really like the way the game looks, when you start feeling immersed by it BAM you bump into an annoying bug.

I found bugs that affect and even block your gameplay in EVERY aspect of the game, every single aspect besides crafting. I never played such a buggy MMO.

I really like Elder Scrolls games (modded) and MMO's but even if all the bugs are fixed within a month the game still has a really long way to go:

_Dungeons are way too easy even though they are beautiful and some bosses have interesting mechanics.

_Combat is clunky, animations get stuck preventing further action, there's input lag, weapon swap is unresponsive and slow to react, sometimes hits don't connect even though you are in position and aimed to connect them. I mean, combat is awful . It can be very good with the dodge,block mechanic if its responsive some day but at this precise moment, its awful.

_PVP has a lot of down times since there's nothing happening in Cyrodiil unless you go look for it. No spontaneous events that can turn the tide of the battle in between keeps, nothing, just zergs or level 50 veterans in groups of 20 spamming AOE abilities erasing everything on its path.

_Class skills need a lot of tweaking, when you see sorcerers blinking to infinity with no cooldown with a Elder Scroll in hand going through the middle of legions of enemy players stunning, rooting him, you know something is wrong. When you see groups of people moving together killing anyone on their path by just sinergizing their classes and spamming 1 AOE ability, you know something is wrong.

_ A MMO that launches with no end-game content either has very poor direction or was clearly rushed. Considering the ridiculous amount of bugs that affect gameplay ( not esthetical, those I don't mind ) and their promise of a soon to release end-game zone, I say ESO was without a doubt rushed to be released.

I really want to like this game, that's why I bought it but the bad outweights the good at the moment. ESO has great potential, it runs really smooth, has great story and voice acting, looks amazing but if you buy it right now you ll be paying for a BETA at the most.

Anyone that says different clearly hasn't played enough. My advice: buy the game to support it now but wait a few months to actually play it unless you want a frustrating and immersive breaking by bugs experience. If people don't support the game now, it will surely fail like SWTOR did and become a money hunger scheme to make up for the damage which would be a huge shame.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by Kinado

I really want to like this game, that's why I bought it but the bad outweights the good at the moment. ESO has great potential, it runs really smooth, has great story and voice acting, looks amazing but if you buy it right now you ll be paying for a BETA at the most.

I can agree with this ^

Anyone that says different clearly hasn't played enough. My advice: buy the game to support it now but wait a few months to actually play it unless you want a frustrating and immersive breaking by bugs experience. If people don't support the game now, it will surely fail like SWTOR did and become a money hunger scheme to make up for the damage which would be a huge shame.

This may be true. I hope not, because as buggy as this game is, it's still the funnest mmorpg I've ever played. That's weird, I know. It's the "so much potential" thing. ZOS needs to show serious progress in fixing bugs in the first 30 days and they need to comp people. They especially need to fix bugs that block progress, and cost people gold or missing items.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I really enjoyed this review.  Thanks for taking the time to write it.  [mod edit]

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431
    Originally posted by Kinado

You can only defend this game if you are a fan-boy with no sense of impartiality, sorry but its true. The review is an impartial one and it didn't even mentioned many of the bugs I've found in-game. ESO is completely riddled with bugs.

I'm level 36 and been playing it slowly, paying attention to the little details, dialogue, everything, been doing a lot of pvp aswell and even though I really like the way the game looks, when you start feeling immersed by it BAM you bump into an annoying bug.

I found bugs that affect and even block your gameplay in EVERY aspect of the game, every single aspect besides crafting. I never played such a buggy MMO.

I really like Elder Scrolls games (modded) and MMO's but even if all the bugs are fixed within a month the game still has a really long way to go:

_Dungeons are way too easy even though they are beautiful and some bosses have interesting mechanics.

_Combat is clunky, animations get stuck preventing further action, there's input lag, weapon swap is unresponsive and slow to react, sometimes hits don't connect even though you are in position and aimed to connect them. I mean, combat is awful . It can be very good with the dodge,block mechanic if its responsive some day but at this precise moment, its awful.

_PVP has a lot of down times since there's nothing happening in Cyrodiil unless you go look for it. No spontaneous events that can turn the tide of the battle in between keeps, nothing, just zergs or level 50 veterans in groups of 20 spamming AOE abilities erasing everything on its path.

_Class skills need a lot of tweaking, when you see sorcerers blinking to infinity with no cooldown with a Elder Scroll in hand going through the middle of legions of enemy players stunning, rooting him, you know something is wrong. When you see groups of people moving together killing anyone on their path by just sinergizing their classes and spamming 1 AOE ability, you know something is wrong.

_ A MMO that launches with no end-game content either has very poor direction or was clearly rushed. Considering the ridiculous amount of bugs that affect gameplay ( not esthetical, those I don't mind ) and their promise of a soon to release end-game zone, I say ESO was without a doubt rushed to be released.

How can an opinion be wrong? You are correct for your own opinion. The OP is correct for his own opinion. My opinion is different than both of you and I am enjoying the game and will continue to do so.

And you know what? My opinion is 100% correct, for me, because it is my opinion. And saying everyone else is wrong is perfectly fine. Because again, it is my own opinion that matters. I know without a doubt that anything the OP had to say wouldn't apply to me because I am no where near VR6. So the review is only for other players with a similar play style. You can complain all you want about others not agreeing with the OP, but he is not an average player obviously, so it doesn't apply to the average player.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Interesting how much the OP played considering he really didnt care much for the game lol. I mean how does one invest the time (without hacks) to reach lvl 50 vr6 lmao in 2 weeks all the while not really enjoying the game ????

Did this cross anyone else's mind ?? I mean its not like the OP is a paid journalist who reviews games for a living..... So would anyone invest all that time in something they really were not enjoying .... something doesnt smell right here....

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Agree with the OP 1000% 

I do still hold out hope, but to be honest the game has a ton of core engine flaws and that is the kind of thing that takes years if ever to fix.

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by thunderC

Interesting how much the OP played considering he really didnt care much for the game lol. I mean how does one invest the time (without hacks) to reach lvl 50 vr6 lmao in 2 weeks all the while not really enjoying the game ????

Did this cross anyone else's mind ?? I mean its not like the OP is a paid journalist who reviews games for a living..... So would anyone invest all that time in something they really were not enjoying .... something doesnt smell right here....

I played SWTOR and quit shortly after hitting 50. My guild was in second place on the biggest server around. We completed all the content available to us at the time. I quit because it took them forever to fix bugs that were destroying the end game content. The Rancor that would insta kill people when they entered, the puzzles that liked to not work, etc. Even though we cleared all the end game content  I was not satisfied by how many bugs were still lingering end game. 

So yes you can be a fan of something and hope for the best and still be disappointed in something.

• SeneriusSenerius Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Sorry but when you add the word honest to the title it really makes me think it is anything but honest.

We all can only be who we are Nothing more nothing less.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Veteran rank 6. Probably 90% of the server is not even 50 yet. But your ¨honest review¨ is just a point of view, your point of view.          
  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    Veteran rank 6. Probably 90% of the server is not even 50 yet. But your ¨honest review¨ is just a point of view, your point of view.          

What do you think the word review means?