Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyrodiil: "we’re the only side that’s showing up"

124»

Comments

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by DMKano

There are 2 campaigns that are full on all three sides - those are balanced.

Auriel's Bow and Wabbajack

Skull crusher is almost full

Dawnbreaker is pure AD 

Bloodthorn is heavy on EP

5 campaigns are deserted

I am really surprised how few players are PvPing - it's the best part of the game IMO.

What % of players PvPs in ESO? It seems to me some tiny fraction of 1%.

Because a full campaign holds 2000 players.., think about that.

At peak times there are 2 full campaigns - that's 4000 players, - lets say for a sake of argument that there are 5 full campaigns - that's be 10K players.

So again if the game has a million players - only 1% PvPs at peak with 10K players (10K is an inflated number - I doubt that there's even 5K PvPing).

Again - either nobody PvPs or the actual number of players is MUCH smaller.

My speculation is that there aren't that many folks playing ESO if not even 10K players are PvPing at peak.

Why are you surprised?  The game has been out for two weeks, including early access.  The vast majority of players are likely between levels 20 and 30.  I have three characters around level 10.  With the amount of prime time maintenance, it's easy to see why the campaigns aren't full.  There just simply aren't enough players partaking, due to having a serious disadvantage, regardless of scaling.

Not everyone blows through content so quickly.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

The game is set up so that pve and pvp are completely separated. Core fans of TES are pve players (as the games were single player). The vast majority of new players to ESO are pve players and further still the majority of those thing of Cyrodiil as an end game mechanic and will likely level slowly through pve story telling until they feel interested in pvp.

There is also the impact of the hardcore pvp crowd power leveling to vet levels because they do not want to to pve or simply want to stay ahead of the power curve in pvp which is always their intent. Many have zero interest in engaging this type of player base casually in pvp so they avoid it all together. Pvp power levelers are not rp friendly so that is more reason for rpg style players to avoid them.

Cyrodiil will slowly fill up once the solo friendly early levels are progressed through by the majority who started at launch. Guilds set up for pve do exactly that: pve.

You stay sassy!

• SmarnyPeteSmarnyPete Member Posts: 69

A lot of these posts suggest there will be a big influx of people once they hit 50. I'm afraid we can't be so sure on this. Are these people even going to make it to 50, is a new game going to catch their interest before hitting 50, after hitting 50 will they decide to wait unit Vet 12, will they continue to sub after 60 days? I think we will see some people move to Cyrodill, but not a huge amount. I think Cyrodill would be much more populated if leveling was viable. It would grab the PvP oriented player at an early level and possibly keep them.

As somebody who is not 50 I do see a lot of people under 50 on Bow and Wabbajack.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

it will fill up in no time, most people ( or should i say, at least 70% of the population are still in the PvE quest to 50, give it a month or 2, it will be full )

although i should say, as an AD in Auriel's bow, it is quite dominating for the AD side. need more Pact and Covenant to fight back! :D

So What Now?

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

This was the first and biggest mistake ZoS made when they developed this game. Trying to make an RPG into an MMOPVP game. Failure written all over it.

By the time people decide to bother (IF they decide to bother) with PvP the map will b dominated and the map will be set Which leads to only one side bothering to go in there. Plus I suspect a lot of people are avoiding it considering some people cant log in to those characters that are in Cyrodiil so if they want to play they wont go into Cyrodill right now.

I am a little surprised the campaigns are so empty though. GW2 was full with queues immediately. Even with mini PvP maps taking away from the main 3 way server map. Probably safe to say GW2 had a lot more people than ESO does. 

regardless just another tell tale sign this game is struggling.

• MaldachMaldach Member Posts: 399
    I have no interest in the GW2 style PvP system. This is a disappointment to me. Not mimicking the DAoC frontier is a bad decision. Compartmentalized PvP feels separate and completely removed from the rest of the game. I'll do it when I'm 50, most likely won't bother until then.