Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game to play with gf

seigardseigard Member UncommonPosts: 286

We both have played many games before but she hadnt played many mmos besides tibia and so far we've tried borderlands 2, magicka and tibia together but I'm still open for suggestions.

What I'd really want is the game to be fun playing with someone, not saying group oriented but more like 2 people playing making it more fun. Also I'd like a long term game like tibia, not like a pick up and drop the other day game.

I was thinking of secret world or diablo 3 but I'm not very sure

Would love to hear some advices, thanks

Comments

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274
    SWTOR hands down. Its fun and easy to play. Has an amazing story for each class all quests are voice acted and it gives a great experience. 

• crasset15crasset15 Member UncommonPosts: 194

If you like building/designing, I'd say either

wurm online - grindy sandbox with open world housing+terraforming

eqn landmark - more casual sandbox with open world housing, but a infinitely more precise building system.

Getting into landmark beta costs 20$, getting wurm premium costs 8$.

• steelslingasteelslinga Member UncommonPosts: 25

good god skip SWTOR unless you plan an dropping a monthly sub ... otherwise you are restricted beyond belief. I mean everything from guild bank access, bank slot limit , amount of times you can pvp a week for f2p is set to 5 times... wtf right? then I think it was at lvl 20 you get this cute message letting you know that you won't be gaining full xp as a f2p member... rolfwow!  I was a founder.. went back maybe a month ago and stopped after less than a week. 

I just started back on the secret world 2 days ago.. founder again going back after many months.. new members will have to do a 1 time purchase of $29.99USD and after that you have full access to an awesome game. depending on how much you both play you will easily get a few months out of this game.. after that there is some DLC you can purchase to get more quests and so on.

good thing about TSW is that you can solo the majority of the quests if you gear right and have a good deck build, so if she wanted to hop on and burn some time she would have no problem and vice versa. in your case you 2 could have a blast working together on investigation missions.. which I would say TSW has by far the most unique quest system I've seen. there are the usual "run here kill this many" quests but then there are quests that you will need to stop and think to solve puzzles and riddles.. find secret codes... place items in certain order for update and many more..

forget SWTOR .. it has a  pretty good pop but when you see the restrictions you will wonder why in the hell did I download this..

TSW is still hanging in there pop wise... 1 time purchase... sexy graphics if your rigs can run them ... voiced cut scenes.. and the wife will love being able to change her outfit when she wants lol.

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Fiance and I have really been enjoying Rift.  I'd recommend that, but I don't have time to write out a bunch of stuff to try to sell you on the idea right now, unfortunately  ;).
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I'd suggest trying out Wizard 101. It's a children's game, but the combat mechanism is really good for duoing. It's turn-based game, so only if you like turn-based games.

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Me and the other half are playing a mixture of FFXIV and ESO. ESO is fun as we can group together in pvp and roam around hunting people :)

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• rrashintoastrrashintoast Member UncommonPosts: 26

Good games to play/start your girlfriend playing MMORPG:

Ultima Online  <-- very good starter one, because it gets them used to the basics.

Florensia  <-- cute game, easy to play

Angels Online <--- another cute game, lots of reading

Mabinogi  <--  Cute game, lots of pets and crafting and music, stories, easy quests

Vindictus  <--- lots of action, lots of female character upgrades, like outfits and bells and whistles

I just remember what games I had the most fun playing with my girl.

there are more but, its a start ^.^  happy gaming.

• seigardseigard Member UncommonPosts: 286

Thanks a lot for all the replies guys, I think we'll give TSW a go, maybe some Rift first as its free, but hey as you guys have said TSW sounds exactly what we both want.

Thanks again everyone

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    TSW is best for you guys and funcom are also doing a ARG thing which may be interesting

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

SWTOR.

The most fun I had playing duo with friend. Especially if one of you chooses light side and other dark side. Quest  givers recognize that you play in group. Most of the flashpoints you can duo and heroic 4 as well.

TSW is OK, but can be frustrating. Got to really do a lot of researches about combat, all these synergies etc. And if you like zombies, and I mean a lot of them you should be fine.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

SWTOR.

The most fun I had playing duo with friend. Especially if one of you chooses light side and other dark side. Quest  givers recognize that you play in group. Most of the flashpoints you can duo and heroic 4 as well.

TSW is OK, but can be frustrating. Got to really do a lot of researches about combat, all these synergies etc. And if you like zombies, and I mean a lot of them you should be fine.

Yes but the story overall in TSW is vastly superior to the boiler plate stories in SWTOR which are so predictable you will laugh at certain "tragic" points... I mean.... we're talking Anakin Skywalker and Padme in Star Wars Episode 2 bad...

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Dihoru

SWTOR.

Yes but the story overall in TSW is vastly superior to the boiler plate stories in SWTOR which are so predictable you will laugh at certain "tragic" points... I mean.... we're talking Anakin Skywalker and Padme in Star Wars Episode 2 bad...

That's a matter of opinion. I found that not being able to participate in TSW in well quest giver monologue was a big thing for me. Also, I got sort of tired of having to google quests in TSW, at least some of them. A lot of quests in TSW are also using profane lanquage, some might like it, I do not so.

Like I said matter of opinion.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Dihoru

SWTOR.

That's a matter of opinion. I found that not being able to participate in TSW in well quest giver monologue was a big thing for me. Also, I got sort of tired of having to google quests in TSW, at least some of them. A lot of quests in TSW are also using profane lanquage, some might like it, I do not so.

Like I said matter of opinion.

I'd say TSW too, but I agree that it heavily depends on the player's approach. For example I love to solve the investigation missions in a group, brainstorming through Vent, etc. Also a great part to theory craft and hone your decks to enhance each other, synergise as Sevenstar wrote.

An another point for the different approaches, I'd chalk up the group conversations onto the dark side list of TOR, I spoke against it many times, maybe the worst feature of the game imo. I always drop group (on the few occasions I have one in the first place :) ) before the npc just to avoid rolling onto the options and with it botching my cutscene... and regroup after the conversation. But there are also many folks who like it. In my case, 2 of my 50s (yep, I'm still only there) have no social points at all :)

For adding some negatives on TSW too, while it's great to play duo (for the investigation and open quests, the decks, the dungeons), it's a not-so-good issue that the game is full with solo instances, so you'll need a survival deck as well for the numerous solo parts. True, you can still talk via Vent and stay in group, but everybody is doing his/her own instances, and it can breaks the flow and the immersion sadly. On the other hand in TOR you can join to the gf's instance if you want to.