Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Do not upgrade your bank slots - several guildies have lost all bank items tonight

DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,559Member Uncommon

Apparently this is a huge issue that's been going on since launch, for some reason tonight (with all the server instability - talk about a bad night in ESO - chat lag, cyrodiil unresponsive ... ugh)

It seems to hit folks that have upgraded their bank slots from 80 and beyond.

Basically you lose EVERYTHING stored in bank - and then your bank is reset to 60 slots!

Major problem.

There is a huge thread on official forums - ZOS apparently has no way of fully restoring your bank items - so you could lose all of those rare mats forever.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64017/everything-in-my-bank-is-gone-deleted-while-playing

This is not an isolated issue folks - my advice - DO NOT UPGRADE BANK SLOTS til this is sorted out.

EDIT - One good suggestion is to take screenshots of your bank inventory - ZOS could use them to grant back lost items/cash and lost bank slots.

Comments

• tixylixtixylix gfff, TNPosts: 1,208Member Uncommon
    Is there still no in game support?
  • DaOrcDaOrc Palisades Park, NJPosts: 49Member
    Tonight's issues were temporary, there was a lot of capacity and people were put on overflow servers, thus they thought their friends list and guilds were wiped but it wasn't, they are just deactivated on overflow servers.  You linked a thread from a week ago.  There are still bank issues resolved but tonight' hiccup was temporary.
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,559Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DaOrc
    Tonight's issues were temporary, there was a lot of capacity and people were put on overflow servers, thus they though their friends list and guilds were wiped but it wasn't, they are just deactivated on overflow servers.  You linked a thread from a week ago.  There are still bank issues resolved but tonight' hiccup was temporary.

Tonight issues were temporary - yes - but the bank getting wiped is permanent.

Even after the server stabilized - 3 of my guildies have NO bank items at all - completely wiped and they lost all bank upgrades.

I linked a thread that shows the issue they're having - how old the thread is - irrelevant.

• venatsvenats Norristown, PAPosts: 106Member

There servers have some major issues. I don't know what the hell they are doing but game stability has been going down the drain and I am almost 100% sure we weren't seeing overflows because of player count but because of massive server faults across the board.

Cyrodil was a goddamn trainwreck.

Originally posted by DMKano
    Tonight's issues were temporary, there was a lot of capacity and people were put on overflow servers, thus they though their friends list and guilds were wiped but it wasn't, they are just deactivated on overflow servers.  You linked a thread from a week ago.  There are still bank issues resolved but tonight' hiccup was temporary.

Even after the server stabilized - 3 of my guildies have NO bank items at all - completely wiped and they lost all bank upgrades.

I linked a thread that shows the issue they're having - how old the thread is - irrelevant.

The bank issue is old and they said they are working on it.  It isn't something new.  In terms of everything you try to blow out of proportion, there seem to be a lot of capacity today, guessing the casuals bought the game and logged in Friday night?  So a whole chunk were into a overflow server.  So when they lost the ability to go to Cyrodiil, mail, guilds and friends list people freak out like you did in your post.  But in actuality it was just the overflow server.

Originally posted by DMKano

The bank issue is old and they said they are working on it.  It isn't something new.  In terms of everything you try to blow out of proportion, there seem to be a lot of capacity today, guessing the casuals bought the game and logged in Friday night?  So a whole chunk were into a overflow server.  So when they lost the ability to go to Cyrodiil, mail, guilds and friends list people freak out like you did in your post.  But in actuality it was just the overflow server.

You know when you are in overflow and when you are not, the main game servers were literally crapping themselves.

And I didn't notice some stark increase in players with guildies reporting being in overflow. A flood of people didn't magically spawn out of the ether all of a sudden to crash their servers, and these instabilities have been growing larger on the EU side the past few days.

This is a culmination point, and main Cyrodil was downright unplayable with the lagg and delay.

And telling someone "they are working on it" is worthless consolation to losing everything you banked. That's a horrible bug to have in a live-version of a game with no way to reinstate the lost goods and time.

Originally posted by venats

And telling someone "they are working on it" is worthless consolation to losing everything you banked. That's a horrible bug to have in a live-version of a game with no way to reinstate the lost goods and time.

That is assuming there is no way to reinstate.  Issues like this will show up within the first weeks of launch.  GW2 and the thousands of accounts that were stolen because of lack of security features is one example.  Hopefully they are working on fixing it.

That is assuming there is no way to reinstate.  Issues like this will show up within the first weeks of launch.  GW2 and the thousands of accounts that were stolen because of lack of security features is one example.  Hopefully they are working on fixing it.

Like logging in to someone else's account? Or all the stolen accounts here? Or the inability to log-in or play? How bout that massive duping? The guild exploits? Or that duping AGAIN that they had to disable mail for?

Or the fact that ESO's statement on the matter at hand is that they don't have any guarantees that anything will be reinstated? Can you imagine GW2, WoW, or any other MMO launching with a bug where at random all your saved items get randomly deleted? Oh but when ESO has it, its ok. Its just a launch bug!

It started smooth but this launch has turned into a fine and almost intolerable mess on many issues.

Like logging in to someone else's account? Or all the stolen accounts here? Or the inability to log-in or play?

Or the fact that ESO's statement on the matter at hand is that they don't have any guarantees that anything will be reinstated?

The logging into other peoples accounts due to desync is not new to MMOs, it has happened before and it can happen again.  It also happens to companies like Google where people can log into other people's accounts without them wanting to.  But it looks like ZoS has solved that particular issue but you still brought it up.

No one will make guarantee's but it doesn't mean they won't do it.  There is a possibility they can't, but just because they say "no guaranetee's" doesn't mean they won't.

• kitaradkitarad RomePosts: 1,745Member Uncommon

Would you guys be this forgiving if it were SOE or EA behind this game or would you be calling for pitchforks and lynching . It is amazing how much leeway some companies get.

Originally posted by kitarad

Would you guys be this forgiving if it were SOE or EA behind this game or would be calling for pitchforks and lynching .

What does that have to do with anything?  Are you trying to tell people, "you aren't mad enough, get more upset"?  Is that it?  Landmark's first couple of weeks were a mess and people gave SoE a pass.

Like logging in to someone else's account? Or all the stolen accounts here? Or the inability to log-in or play?

Or the fact that ESO's statement on the matter at hand is that they don't have any guarantees that anything will be reinstated?

The logging into other peoples accounts due to desync is not new to MMOs, it has happened before and it can happen again.  It also happens to companies like Google where people can log into other people's accounts without them wanting to.  But it looks like ZoS has solved that particular issue but you still brought it up.

No one will make guarantee's but it doesn't mean they won't do it.  There is a possibility they can't, but just because they say "no guaranetee's" doesn't mean they won't.

Tells me not to bring up issues from the past.

Brings up issues from the past from other MMO to say "Look they had issues too, so its ok!"

Right.

Did I tell you not to bring it up?  What I said was the issue was resolved, but somehow you brought it up.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread PshPosts: 5,503Member Uncommon

Did I tell you not to bring it up?  What I said was the issue was resolved, but somehow you brought it up.

... GW2 issues were resolved and you brought them up. The issues that DMKano brought up are not resolved. That is why these are being talked about.

Originally posted by BeansnBread

... GW2 issues were resolved and you brought them up. The issues that DMKano brought up are not resolved. That is why these are being talked about.

Off course I did, if he brought it up, why shouldn't I?

• SiugSiug TallinnPosts: 1,236Member Uncommon
    Thanks for the warning because I was about to buy new slots today. Maybe I'll wait for a few days.

Because you brought it up first...

Because you brought it up first...

Is this an argument for the sake of an argument?  I never said you shouldn't bring up anything.  

So... you don't even realize that you were the one that brought up GW2?

Anyway, the warning is legit and its good that someone is warning people about the potential bank wipe so that they hold off buying slots until they fix the issue.

• NecropsieNecropsie BursaPosts: 142Member Uncommon
     Landmark's first couple of weeks were a mess and people gave SoE a pass.

Landmark was and still is in alpha. ESO is a launched game.

Is it really that hard to understand the difference?

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

Anyway, the warning is legit and its good that someone is warning people about the potential bank wipe so that they hold off buying slots until they fix the issue.

Huh? Off course I do.  Why are you budding in, in the middle of this discussion anyway?  Your policing isn't necessary.  In terms of the bank it was an issue before and it is still an issue. But do you want to see a warning every single day on these forums?

Originally posted by Necropsie
     Landmark's first couple of weeks were a mess and people gave SoE a pass.

Landmark was and still is in alpha. ESO is a launched game.

Is it really that hard to understand the difference?

Yeah a $100 dollar "Alpha".

Huh? Off course I do.  Why are you budding in, in the middle of this discussion anyway?  Your policing isn't necessary.  In terms of the bank it was an issue before and it is still an issue. But do you want to see a warning every single day on these forums?

Yes, if it helps people not lose all of their items in the bank. Can you link another recent thread on this forum that describes this problem?

Yes, if it helps people not lose all of their items in the bank. Can you link another recent thread on this forum that describes this problem?

Here or on ESO forums?  They have it on their "Known Issues"

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/73729/in-progress-known-issues

Here or on ESO forums?  They have it on their "Known Issues"

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/73729/in-progress-known-issues

So then no, you can't link a recent thread on this forum that describes the problem. Are you trying to say there is something wrong with DMKano reporting the problem here so that the issue gets more exposure?