Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO booted from #1 best MMORPG?

Comments

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Zalmon
    Originally posted by SoMuchMass
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    As if no one even cares to give feedback or reviews about this game.

It probably is a good sign, they are probably too busy playing.

I am actually shocked at how it is dominating in terms of popularity on MMORPG though.  I didn't think it would do so well on this site specifically.

4+ million hits and only 2 weeks into launch?  It is shocking.

Yeah 4 million people have time to read articles but not take  few secs to cast a vote for the game they love so much. I love your logic.

People also huddle in front of televisions to watch car wrecks. So ESO could be popular for all the wrong reasons.

4 million hits vs 180 votes. That should tell you something. That also for a game which is supossed to have 10 million subs by end of the year. lol

And i know mmorpg.com only represents few thousand MMO players but still it is very popular site and even if we just look at it for sake of sampling. ESO so far has the most pathetic amount of votes and player feedback. Its Elder Scroll ffs...it should have taken sites like these by storm in 2 weeks..and what we get? 180 votes.

Lame...just...lame

People that are playing are...well...playing. IF they decide to respond (like me) to some thread  then that is the exception. Cast a vote? You have to be kidding me. If there's a person that plays MMOs that actually adds value to a poll....then I am from mars.

You are kidding yourself man....it's all fluff

• wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370

And i know mmorpg.com only represents few thousand MMO players but still it is very popular site and even if we just look at it for sake of sampling. ESO so far has the most pathetic amount of votes and player feedback. Its Elder Scroll ffs...it should have taken sites like these by storm in 2 weeks..and what we get? 180 votes.

Most ESO players might be new players to the MMO genre.  You know the TES fans don't even know about this site. We can play this game all day long. This whole argument is just nitpicking and grasping at the straws it is fairly amusing.  I put that line in there on purpose which you highlighted.  On one hand actual hits don't matter.  On the other hand votes matter.  It is random picking and choosing, because it seems like one side doesn't actually have anything to say about the game itself so they pick up on all these random made up discussion points.

Couple all that with the fact that this site is well known for its love of sandboxes over themeparks at all costs or reason and the numbers people have been arguing over become even less meaningful.

To clarify, is it really surprising to any of you folks with post counts in the thousands that a large number of people on this site dislike or have even come to resent ESO for not being the sandbox they wanted?  No wonder votes are low here.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by wanderica

Most ESO players might be new players to the MMO genre.  You know the TES fans don't even know about this site. We can play this game all day long. This whole argument is just nitpicking and grasping at the straws it is fairly amusing.  I put that line in there on purpose which you highlighted.  On one hand actual hits don't matter.  On the other hand votes matter.  It is random picking and choosing, because it seems like one side doesn't actually have anything to say about the game itself so they pick up on all these random made up discussion points.

Couple all that with the fact that this site is well known for its love of sandboxes over themeparks at all costs or reason and the numbers people have been arguing over become even less meaningful.

To clarify, is it really surprising to any of you folks with post counts in the thousands that a large number of people on this site dislike or have even come to resent ESO for not being the sandbox they wanted?  No wonder votes are low here.

The three games above it are themeparks.

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319

Issues about this game are discussed daily. So yes there is lot to talk about the game.

I deal with those issues every day (just for example today mail being disabled again,quests that have been bugged since day one still not working inlcuding BC even after downtime, terrible delay in guild chat and tells..friends and guilds disappearing, add ons resetting and wiping data..shall i go on?)

You keep talking about populairty even when being repeatedly told that there is huge number difference between people who check news about the game and those who give their feedback. Which to me indicates that a lot of players are not even bothered to give feedback about ESO. And whatever votes it has got are mostly negative. That to me isn't encouraging given this is the site for mmo players and how popular this site is. So looking at it as a sample for voting.. 180 votes are just sad.

The only thing amusing is how you are trying to defend the game. OP posted the numbers big deal. You should have just let it go but no you had to defend it for bloody 10+ pages.

Continue... i am not going to argue with you for another 10 pages.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

So, let me reconstruct this whole thing.

• 11 hours ago, someone starts a "ESO is top on MMORPG"-Thread on reddit
    • much hate and/or disagreement is spilled in this thread
    • suddenly, 6 hours later there are 30 more votes in the ESO section on mmorpg.com, dropping the value significantly
    • 2 hours later Mr.Karteli starts his thread here having fun of this phenomenon and bragging about eso not having nr.1 anymore
    • people on reddit start hi-jacking the thread laughing about that its not nr.1 anymore

Yap, what you just saw is a reason why online votes have the creditability of the north-korean government. 

Big games attract big trolls. And Karteli seems to be a pretty big one. Nothing else.

Hodor!

• SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548
    Originally posted by gwei1984

• suddenly, 6 hours later there are 30 more votes in the ESO section on mmorpg.com, dropping the value significantly
    • 2 hours later Mr.Karteli starts his thread here having fun of this phenomenon and bragging about eso not having nr.1 anymore
    • people on reddit start hi-jacking the thread laughing about that its not nr.1 anymore

Yap, what you just saw is a reason why online votes have the creditability of the north-korean government. 

Big games attract big trolls. And Karteli seems to be a pretty big one. Nothing else.

Nailed it.

Originally posted by gwei1984

Nailed it.

So agreed

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I am actually shocked at how it is dominating in terms of popularity on MMORPG though.  I didn't think it would do so well on this site specifically.

Yeah 4 million people have time to read articles but not take  few secs to cast a vote for the game they love so much. I love your logic.

People also huddle in front of televisions to watch car wrecks. So ESO could be popular for all the wrong reasons.

4 million hits vs 180 votes. That should tell you something. That also for a game which is supossed to have 10 million subs by end of the year. lol

People using this site just didn't bother playing?  180 votes total is very low. Perhaps the obscurity of TESO is why the rating score is so influenced lowly.

I guess the argument will be that ES people don't frequent MMORPG.com.

Fans of ES never heard of MMORPG.com, so that is a good argument.  They likely never heard of MMORPG's in general too.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Originally posted by BeansnBread

Oh you mean that ESO is a 8.6 and the three games above it are also 8.6.  I feel dirty for arguing atbout this now.  I mean people can't be serious can they?

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Karteli

People using this site just didn't bother playing?  180 votes total is very low. Perhaps the obscurity of TESO is why the rating score is so influenced lowly.

Fans of ES never heard of MMORPG.com, so that is a good argument.  They likely never heard of MMORPG's in general too.

If this site is so obsecure how do you explain 4 million hits? can't be that obscur considering millions of MMO players are checking the game out daily. 

No...fans of ESO didn't vote for something that didn't matter....like me, they just played it. You think votes for something matter...I think YOU don't matter. And  the MANY players would agree

Oh you mean that ESO is a 8.6 and the three games above it are also 8.6.  I feel dirty for arguing atbout this now.  I mean people can't be serious can they?

Yes, approximately. They are themeparks. So the arguemnt that it went lower because people here like sandboxes doesn't fly in my opinion. Especially since the top 5 are themeparks.

Originally posted by Whitebeards

If this site is so obsecure how do you explain 4 million hits? can't be that obscur considering millions of MMO players are checking the game out daily. 

That isn't a big amount though.  If 15k people visit this site once a day, the site would have more than 5 million hits in a year.  I am sure they get much more than that, but just referencing your point.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by STYNKFYST

No...fans of ESO didn't vote for something that didn't matter....like me, they just played it. You think votes for something matter...I think YOU don't matter. And  the MANY players would agree

So they all called you up and told you this? please stop talking on behalf of millions of players all over the world. Its not even humanly possible for you to know what they think.

Or maybe you got powers like Professor Charles Xavier..then  don't know.

Lets stick to talking about ourselves all right?

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

Originally posted by Karteli Originally posted by Zalmon Originally posted by SoMuchMass Originally posted by Bigdaddyx As if no one even cares to give feedback or reviews about this game.
    It probably is a good sign, they are probably too busy playing. I am actually shocked at how it is dominating in terms of popularity on MMORPG though.  I didn't think it would do so well on this site specifically. 4+ million hits and only 2 weeks into launch?  It is shocking.
    Yeah 4 million people have time to read articles but not take  few secs to cast a vote for the game they love so much. I love your logic. People also huddle in front of televisions to watch car wrecks. So ESO could be popular for all the wrong reasons. 4 million hits vs 180 votes. That should tell you something. That also for a game which is supossed to have 10 million subs by end of the year. lol And i know mmorpg.com only represents few thousand MMO players but still it is very popular site and even if we just look at it for sake of sampling. ESO so far has the most pathetic amount of votes and player feedback. Its Elder Scroll ffs...it should have taken sites like these by storm in 2 weeks..and what we get? 180 votes.
    People using this site just didn't bother playing?  180 votes total is very low. Perhaps the obscurity of TESO is why the rating score is so influenced lowly.   I guess the argument will be that ES people don't frequent MMORPG.com.   Fans of ES never heard of MMORPG.com, so that is a good argument.  They likely never heard of MMORPG's in general too.  

really? 4 million hits? and you think they are all by 4 million different individuals? 4 million includes every article and forum topic. the 250 thousand or so that frequent this site went to those articles and topics a couple times each.

and to the OP if you think the rating on this site matters..........

So the arguemnt that 

There should be no argument about this topic anyway.  It seems silly in retrospect.

So the arguemnt that 

There should be no argument about this topic anyway.  It seems silly in retrospect.

Tell that to the person that presented the argument.

• ManasongManasong Member Posts: 208

In 3 and a half hours you guys managed to fill 6 pages of meaningless discussion... The game might have who-knows-how-many-hits, but the majority of people don't really care/bother to waste their time reviewing/rating a game. Leave the rating to the "professionals", who at least try to make a concise argument and sometimes be fair to games because they are being paid to do so.

You guys remember that 4chan is famous for rigging internet votes? I'm not surprised if reddit does the same.

Originally posted by STYNKFYST

So they all called you up and told you this? please stop talking on behalf of millions of players all over the world. Its not even humanly possible for you to know what they think.

Or maybe you got powers like Professor Charles Xavier..then  don't know.

Lets stick to talking about ourselves all right?

lol...yeah...lets

So how many people do YOU know that cared?

What I thought...another balloon artist

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

That isn't a big amount though.  If 15k people visit this site once a day, the site would have more than 5 million hits in a year.  I am sure they get much more than that, but just referencing your point.

Please stay focused to the main topic.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

So the arguemnt that 

Ummm..think I did...yet you all are STILL here debating this

LOL!!

Troll

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

Originally posted by SoMuchMass Originally posted by Whitebeards If this site is so obsecure how do you explain 4 million hits? can't be that obscur considering millions of MMO players are checking the game out daily. 

why? you've been trolling ESO for a month or so. we get it. you don't like the game. why force all of us into focusing on your troll topic?

To be fair you made a irrelevant drop seem like a huge deal.  Again, grasping at the straws.

• wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by wanderica

I wasn't very clear.  Let me try a different angle.

I see Eve online,for example, held up by many here as an example of a great MMO. It's pretty popular among MMORPGers, yet it's way down on the list.  Meanwhile, themeparks are at the top.  This site in general (or at least many of the most vocal users) tends to favor sandbox games which is evident by the myriad of posts that end with "for a themepark," "even though it's a themepark," or "WoW clone when discussing a new game."  I was simply trying to further illustrate that votes here are meaningless. 

This discussion has been closed.