Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should Carbine add flying mounts to Wildstar

2»

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

Not until the second or third expansion, at least, and never during progression content.

People should explore the areas on foot, not safely skip through them 3000 feet above.

agree

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

Flying mounts are fun but they are ultimately bad for these games because they lead to too much shortcutting of content.

Of course, the game has CREDD - facilitated cheating - buying game for gold - built right in, which is goofy in a premium priced game with a premium sub, so it's not like having more cheesy lameness in the game would make that big a difference.

Not much difference between utter scrubs who pay their way thru games with cash buying game data compared to using flying mounts to shortcut content, is there?

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

flying mounts would be good. I might play then...... next expansion?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Originally posted by Voqar

Flying mounts are fun but they are ultimately bad for these games because they lead to too much shortcutting of content.

Of course, the game has CREDD - facilitated cheating - buying game for gold - built right in, which is goofy in a premium priced game with a premium sub, so it's not like having more cheesy lameness in the game would make that big a difference.

Not much difference between utter scrubs who pay their way thru games with cash buying game data compared to using flying mounts to shortcut content, is there?

The only system I know of that works specifically like CREDD is PLEX in EVE, and the system works wonders for that game and is definitely not "facilitated cheating."  It's a great system that rewards invested players for their time by enabling them to not have to pay a sub at all, whereas people with little time can still enjoy the game with a little extra cash (which in this case, will not buy them gear or any real advantages over other players except for occasionally getting things a bit faster).  The end result in EVE is that long-time players actually have the edge OVER newer or casual players who buy PLEX, because they have played long enough to master the game on some level and are able to sustain themselves far beyond them.  In most cases, that PLEX ISK just finds it's way right back into the vet's pockets.  Hardly cheating, in fact, quite the opposite.  It also helps that game have one of the strongest economies in MMORPG history.

That all being said, my main concern that I do have about CREDD (sorry for being a bit off topic) is economy inflation.  It works well in EVE because stuff gets destroyed.  All the time.  What plat sinks will be utilized in WS in order to make the system function properly since your gear or stuff will pretty much always exist once it is obtained?  I just hope they know what they are doing, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Flying mounts, again, all about implementation.  If they do it like WoW did, it will be terrible and hurt the game badly in multiple ways, no doubt.  If they do something new and creative, truly integrated and complimentary to gameplay rather than harmful, it could be really great in my opinion.  Just really need to think outside the box, and look at the obvious pitfalls WoW has already suffered.

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293

Of course there should be flying mounts. In fact, id bet they will add them at one time or another. Theyre fun, people like collecting them and they look cool ... right up their devs design and style. Its just now the WPvPers are at it (yet again) trying to protect and/or revitalize something that has been dying a slow death since Battlegrounds. Soon as the devs see that, yet again, most of the "Amazing Word PvP" is mostly just griefers ganking and teabagging lowbie's, they'll reconsider.

Not to mention how there are a many creative ways to prevent most (if not all) of the negatives and even make them somewhat more fun.

/flamesuit on

• nuferiousnuferious Member Posts: 2

I have always found the reasoning behind not having flying mounts flawed, there are two common arguments that people use.

1. It ruins world PvP 
    2. it makes gathering materials to easy and ruins crafting / economy in some way

I love PvP , it's the main reason I play these games, well that and the fact I like RPGs. I would argue that in no way does flying ruin world PvP, sure it makes it easy for those who want to avoid PvP to do so, but lets be honest, there is a lot of us that enjoy PvP and we are not going to be flying away from it.

When flying mounts came out in WoW there was still a lot of world PvP going on, it made it faster to get there, in some cases it provided an escape mechanism when things were going badly, but it hardly killed off world PvP. A distinct lack on incentives, while providing nice shiny incentives to those partaking in instanced PvP (battlegrounds) did far more to kill off world PvP than flying mounts.

As for the materials arguments, I just don't see it, everyone is on a level playing field! Sure it becomes easier to gather mats but its easier for everyone, so it has to be fair and I don't see how having a few more materials coming into the market will ruin trading or the economy.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Solid no from me.  It allows lots of bypassing and makes ground stuff irrelevant.