Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Food or drink?

Well as you probably guessed it, my question is, food or drink?

Food provides a static good boost to a stat, which I enjoy when tanking far more than regen, while leveling anyway.

Now if I go dps or healing though, so far the food has been my primary source of buff, but I'm starting to think that regen may fare better.

In theory, flat boost is good for burst, but I find that, either healing or dpsing, I can handle it without ANY buff at all, so maybe the drinking is better ?

For tanking I will always prefer flat boost to regen, way better, since the healer has usually no problem to keep me up, and if he can't, its not the regen that will save me from 200+ hits.

For dps and healing i'm torn still.

What's your opinion?

Comments

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679
    I use drinks if i try to solo bosses or hard content the regen/refresh effect works good with kiting but if i just want quick kills i go with food so i can use 1/2 more abilitys fast.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I use drinks. Regen is useful once you are at the bottom of your resources and can mean the difference between life and death.

In long fights, drinks are always better.. you get a better return. Like.. 6 more stam every 2 seconds (3 a second).. the food would give you about 120? That means any fight that lasts more than about 40 seconds benefits more from the drink than the food. If a dungeon boss fight lasted 3 minutes that'd be 180 seconds x 3 stam a second = 540 <-- LOADS more than the food.

Oh and you should never use health food or drink.. even the tank. Tank wants stamina more than anything else.. if you can't block properly cos of no stam than that extra health isn't going to help one bit. Assuming a properly geared tank of course.. with the right enchants; Health on armor, stamina regen on jewellery.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    They should have allowed one of each. Seems weird a character must choose between drinking and eating...

• zwei2zwei2 Member Posts: 361
    Food and drink buff differently. I feel that if a player can only select one of them, then might as well just have one type of provision instead of two.

The possibility of the universe collapsing into a singularity is higher than the birth of a perfect MMORPG.

• p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 194

Why not both?  My opinion is that you should be able to consume both food and drink for two separate buffs.  I think it's pretty lamesauce that you can only use one at a time.  They are obviously two different classes of buffs.

That all said, I usually go with food as it just seems like the better deal.

That's just, like, my opinion, man.