Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SEVEN (7) Hard Crashes in under 30 minutes

13»

Comments

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Originally posted by Rusque
    Originally posted by Jeleena
    Originally posted by Arndush
    Originally posted by Jeleena

I had bad crashes on my brand new windows 8.1 machine that I started using since last wednesday.  Couldn't play for 5 mins and then my PC would turn off and on again....just restarting all the time. Very annoying. Tried everything but nothing worked.

The solution mentioned above finally fixed my problem. Just played for an hour with no problem and no crash/restart. 

Thank you so much for this link :)

Cheers. Happy to help. I wonder if Windows 8 is the issue. I'm running Windows 7 and not having any issues. When in doubt, I blame Windows 8 for every problem I hear about. It just seems like the thing to do.

I do indeed blame Windows 8, because I never had problems before on my old Windows 7 PC image

I'm running win 8 and have no issues. No I'm not a MS fanboy, also not an Apple fanboy, actually not even a linux fanboy (I guess I hate all OS's), but in any case, Win 8 has not caused me any issues.

Glad it hasn't caused you any issued. I'm not a fanboy or hater of any particular brand. Though, I guess you could say I'm a hater of every other MS OS.

98 - Loved it.

ME - Hated it

XP - Loved it

Vista - Hated it

7 - Love it (have it on my gaming rig)

8 - Despise it with the heat of 1,000 suns. I have it on my travel laptop and I'm probably going to replace it with 7. Or, maybe 9 if it's better. I hate that they made an OS for tablets and touch screens and then forced it on a bunch of people who don't use tablets and touchscreens.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

I also had the game crash to the desktop last night. Was the first crash I have had playing this game. Also as some of the other users already noted it did seem like they tweaked something, not for the better. Game seemed to stutter/lag at times.

Another odd thing I want to add was right after the crash upon trying to log back in the game asked me for a access code which was sent to my email, anyone else have this?

**Windows 8.1** not a single addon

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• oldboygameroldboygamer Member Posts: 139

I've got a weird issue where the game is crashing with an 'unknown error' and seems to be disconnecting itself from my ISP. When I go back to my desktop I can't access the internet, and a few minutes later I can. Is it possible for a game to do that? I have never had any problems with any other games.

• oldboygameroldboygamer Member Posts: 139
    Originally posted by thunderC

I also had the game crash to the desktop last night. Was the first crash I have had playing this game. Also as some of the other users already noted it did seem like they tweaked something, not for the better. Game seemed to stutter/lag at times.

Another odd thing I want to add was right after the crash upon trying to log back in the game asked me for a access code which was sent to my email, anyone else have this?

**Windows 8.1** not a single addon

Yes I got that as well. It told me I was accessing the game from a different ISP (I wasn't) and wanted a code it had sent to my email. In 14 years of mmo gaming that's the first time a game has told me I've switched ISPs when I haven't. Very odd.

The more I think about it, it only really started after I began my subscription. Maybe it's an account issue?

I'm loving the game but these crashes are starting to get annoying.

• mobetta12mobetta12 Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by ohioastro
    Hardware really does fail, and the problems that the OP reported are an awful lot like what I'd expect from an insufficient power supply. If I had a mechanical issue that others recognized I'd be glad to get some advice on how to fix it.  What, precisely, is an acceptable thing to say under those circumstances?  People are trying to help.

However, crashing in ESO is still happening quite independently of the bad specs on that PC. I can play titanfall, D3, and several other games with zero crashes. ESO crashes randomly and often for me.

I'm a computer professional, and have proper specs in my machine including a 1kw power supply (best to go overboard there eh?).

Also, at the moment all my bank space has reset. I paid for 80 slots but it reset to 60. I'm not the only one with this problem:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/73010/bank-wiped-upgrade-gone#latest

I've been polite to customer service, and they've been polite to me. Nevertheless, I agree they have been ineffectual in solving this issue. It's likely because of the gold spammer influx leading to more tickets than they can handle. MMO launches are fraught with this kind of issue overload; I would think they would prioritize their paying customers by focusing on client crashes and game issues like losing your hard earned bank slots.

But I am not them.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    Originally posted by ohioastro
    Hardware really does fail, and the problems that the OP reported are an awful lot like what I'd expect from an insufficient power supply. If I had a mechanical issue that others recognized I'd be glad to get some advice on how to fix it.  What, precisely, is an acceptable thing to say under those circumstances?  People are trying to help.

Not to say you are wrong, but my experience with failing power supplies or being insufficient for the load the PC is demanding causes a reboot and the occasional cut of power which is controlled by the bios of the motherboard to prevent damage. It doesnt make sense it would cut the program and bring you to the desktop.

Other than what I mentioned about addons earlier in the post, if not that and is hardware, I would first blame the graphics driver, defect in the card itself, or possible overheating. And just because you may have the greatest and latest fans and heatsinks, if cables are like spaghetti in the case it interrupts air flow, and therefore bigger potential for heating issues. This causes crashes to Desktop..

Lots for the OP to think about, but I think he already made up his mind to quit the game.