Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO to grab market majority?

Comments

• masterdtoxmasterdtox Member Posts: 66

Hello guys this is one of my first post at those forums here, i normally just read other comments but i just needed to react on this.

" EMMER4" this guy is full of BS first post at this site from him IGN employee ? .

Rocky launch? what are u smoking?.. i played the game pre access and live still playing, the game was one of the better launches in MMO history really the server are very stable. Ofc there are here and there some lagg issues but nothing major and some minor quest issues: but those every MMO had to suffer with at a launch + other MMO'S at launch had horrible lagg issues going on for day's or even weeks and not to mention the login servers and world server going down. With ESO that server is really stable i can't deny that and people that deny that are just fools really. I have played in the last decay all MMO'S and not 1 of them was that stable as ESO at launch, well maybe Rift, heck even wow vanilla had server issues and not for day's it was more for a hole MONTH i was there at that time*. So to all those people that are trying to F-around about minor problems making it a huge problems that those not exist, please just stop playing a game u don't like. I mean if u buy a game i guess u like the game right and especially if u buy an MMO u know there will be some problems at the launch because i guess u have played Many other MMO'S so u should know that those minor issues that ESO is facing are just peanuts compared to other MMOS and will be solved. 

And about the negative post being locked i dunno and maybe its better because trolls and other fanboy's will try everything to bash on a new MMO that have absolute no clue what a beta means or a launch of an new MMO.

PS: u are  referring to IGN forums.. u serious....ye right IGN forums are full of honest ppl that have exp with many MMO'S that can judge with  proper experience. That just say's enough u referring to IGN..

• DewBaahDewBaah Member Posts: 16
    This could in Theory be bigger then wow since it is also about to release on both PS4 and Xbox One. I have bought the PC version but i am giving the console version serious thought. I know it's not cross play but somethng about sitting on the couch playing on my big screen. Playing an Elder Scrolls mmo sounds fantastic. I think it will have a decent following on Console. Dispite the few loud spoken naysayers. 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I think that, since it's being released on consoles as well, it will easily be second to WoW. It 'may' if the support and updates are good over time, be bigger than WoW one day purely because there's a larger audience on offer. Straight up, this will be the best game on next gen consoles when it is released cos the current offering is not great.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Straight up, this will be the best game on next gen consoles when it is released cos the current offering is not great.

You mean the best MMO... not the best game.

..Cake..

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by masterdtox

Hello guys this is one of my first post at those forums here, i normally just read other comments but i just needed to react on this.

" EMMER4" this guy is full of BS first post at this site from him IGN employee ? .

Rocky launch? what are u smoking?.. i played the game pre access and live still playing, the game was one of the better launches in MMO history really the server are very stable. Ofc there are here and there some lagg issues but nothing major and some minor quest issues: but those every MMO had to suffer with at a launch + other MMO'S at launch had horrible lagg issues going on for day's or even weeks and not to mention the login servers and world server going down. With ESO that server is really stable i can't deny that and people that deny that are just fools really. I have played in the last decay all MMO'S and not 1 of them was that stable as ESO at launch, well maybe Rift, heck even wow vanilla had server issues and not for day's it was more for a hole MONTH i was there at that time*. So to all those people that are trying to F-around about minor problems making it a huge problems that those not exist, please just stop playing a game u don't like. I mean if u buy a game i guess u like the game right and especially if u buy an MMO u know there will be some problems at the launch because i guess u have played Many other MMO'S so u should know that those minor issues that ESO is facing are just peanuts compared to other MMOS and will be solved. 

And about the negative post being locked i dunno and maybe its better because trolls and other fanboy's will try everything to bash on a new MMO that have absolute no clue what a beta means or a launch of an new MMO.

PS: u are  referring to IGN forums.. u serious....ye right IGN forums are full of honest ppl that have exp with many MMO'S that can judge with  proper experience. That just say's enough u referring to IGN..

For whatever reason, how well the launch went, really depended on which servers you were on, the NA server for instance had an extremely rocky launch, from extended downtimes to a bug that allowed players to log into other players accounts, all sorted by the sound of things, but it certainly was a very rocky launch, why the EU server didn't suffer the same problems is anybodies guess, although it certainly makes a change as those kinds of things are usually the other way around image

It will be interesting to see how the game fairs overall in the next couple of weeks, Also wondering if Zenimax are going to be brave enough to release some 'real' figures too, on actual sales, they've been surprisingly quiet on that front which is always curious behaviour for a new game, although given the latest PCGamer  review, i can understand why perhaps they aren't too keen on doing so, it wasn't exactly glowing, one of the worst i've seen tbh, given how they seemed to 'skirt around' the various issues rather than outright say they didn't actually like it.image

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by sgel
    Straight up, this will be the best game on next gen consoles when it is released cos the current offering is not great.

It probably will be the best game when it is released, but not in a year or two

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468
    I think that, since it's being released on consoles as well, it will easily be second to WoW. It 'may' if the support and updates are good over time, be bigger than WoW one day purely because there's a larger audience on offer. Straight up, this will be the best game on next gen consoles when it is released cos the current offering is not great.

IMHO console audience impact on sales is greaty overestimated. Many ppl own both consoles and PC and console only crowd are not ppl who are primary interested in games like mmos.

To OP, market majority ? Stop dreaming, game is not good enough for that.

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by Zohdi118
    Originally posted by DEAD.line

Easy OP. We don't have exact sales figures, and we don't know how much Zenimax needs to recoup developement costs, plus to keep it running as a sub mmo for now.

As for everyone loving it, funny thing is, this site as some of the biggest collection of fans outside of specific sites like Tamriel Foundry, Official forums and Reddit sub forums.

If you go to IGN. Gamespot, and general video game sites and check the comments, the top voted ones tend to be bashing the game, namely the business model.

And while i don't trust it, go check out Metacritic's user score. 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-elder-scrolls-online

EDIT: As for being a sucess on the level of WOW. Sorry, but that's a million to 1 shot.

The metacritic story has 562 replies; nowhere near a decent sampling.  After playing every major MMO since 1996; I will have to say this is a top 5 AA title.  Folks can bash ESO all they want but this title is going to be around and healthy for years to come.

I'm not saying Metacritic is accurate in terms of reviews, which it isn't because it's just extreme scores. I'm saying that if the game was getting alot of love, it would atleast have an 8 grade. GW2 had 9 or 9.5 at launch. Now it's toned down, but most user scores are a good way to sample a small, yes, small but still a sample, number of players and see their reaction to the game.

And like i said, there's also IGN, etc. Point is, the game's getting quite a good portion of hate and indefference from players, but that doesn't have much to do with the game's quality. We don't know how many copies it sold or will keep on selling. Only time will tell what the reaction from people is regarding the game.

As for the game matching WOW's popularity because of consoles, yeah, but then again...

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    I won't be surprised by box sales. There are a lot of really dumb people that would buy anything. There are people that buy any video regardless of quality as well. I will be surprised if it retains a decent amount of subs. Despite the fan bois that praise the game, there are going to be a massive wave of people that won't be re subbing and will overall be dissapointed. It's just not a game that can grab you and keep you. Marketing does wonders to convince the human mind, but once the marketing team falls off, the questions and complaining will be enough to get people to move on. I'm glad the worst of it is over and we can all move on now.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    MMOs need critical mass.. people who keep saying it will also launch on consoles forget that that doesn't mean shit overall as the 3 populations will be separate from one another.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Malevil

console only crowd are not ppl who are primary interested in games like mmos.

The PS4 and Xbox ONE do not have many games for them at the moment, so more people will get this to have something else to play. If there was no PS4 or Xbox ONE, and was still Xbox 360 and PS3, there would be less sales because there are many other games to choose from.

Originally posted by Malevil

IMHO console audience impact on sales is greaty overestimated. Many ppl own both consoles and PC and console only crowd are not ppl who are primary interested in games like mmos.

To OP, market majority ? Stop dreaming, game is not good enough for that.

Check the Skyrim sales. It sold the most on XBOX 360 by a massive amount, almost 300% more than on PC. PC sales were under 20% of total sales. The Elder Scrolls audience is definitely there. You're right though, they may not adopt it because it's an MMO.

• venatsvenats Member Posts: 106

The game didn't even have a good launch sale or peak concurrency.

For a game with no identity, terrible word-of-mouth impressions and image for the general folk, horrible account and security issues, and so on and so forth... where is this market majority supposed to come from? The Martians?

I don't even know who's going to be left after a month free, not much to do in PvE once you've played the quests out (and twice over for the other starting zones because not recycling content is hard). PvP is hit or miss and the combat is honestly quite badly designed (unresponsive, buggy, many things don't work, random intermitent freezing in combat, skills fail to do anything) to really hold it.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by sgel

it is great game but not impressive as an mmo

• Emmer4Emmer4 Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by masterdtox

IGN employs me? Hahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaaha whatever dude....just a forum lurker like you. YOU only have 2 posts on this site does that make you a ZOS employee? Troll.

I am hoping the game can turn itself around and get stable so that maybe I might drop the coin on it but as for a smooth start? Tell that to the many people who are realling from:

Billing errors with full month sub being taken from account - error acknowledged by ZOS

Account security errors with people logging in to OTHER PLAYERS accounts and having full access to their characters - acknowledged by ZOS

12 Hours of downtime on launch

Random rollbacks wiping out progress in various gamezone - acknowledged by ZOS

Hundreds if not thousands of players not even to access the game with their account keys

Bugged dungeons

Gamestopping bugs still left in from beta

In game items being sold in cash shop when this was promised never to happen

Bad loot mechanics in dungeons

Phasing still broken from beta penalising players that want to group

Max level players in game from day 2 of launch

Yeah, a really smooth start that is dude....maybe you should pass around some of what YOU are smoking....

• VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    Initial box sales has little bearing on an MMO's retention or longevity. 
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    MMOs need critical mass.. people who keep saying it will also launch on consoles forget that that doesn't mean shit overall as the 3 populations will be separate from one another.

No, I'm pretty sure it would mean more people are playing it and it has a larger share of the market than without.

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    No. The game is lacking a lot of the WoW easy mode features and it takes a long time to level through questing so the COD X box crowd will stay away. Every mmo does well its first 2 months. If the game is still growing in July (doubtful) then maybe it has a chance.
  • DarkeonDarkeon Member UncommonPosts: 48

Doesn't matter if it grabs the market majority, TESO is already a success.

Enjoy it !!!

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Like most new releases, ESO may enjoy a surge of people playing it initially, especially as WoW players are facing a 6 month wait until their next expansion comes out with no new content planned in the interim. But after a month or two everyone is going to be played out with ESO and the population numbers will collapse especially if the game doesn't deliver on endgame content (hint, it won't).

Then in June Wildstar will launch and everyone will jump across to that game instead for another couple of months.

Then a month or two after that WoW will bring out it's pre-expansion event and everyone will leave both games and flood back to WoW.

And both games will limp on with subsistence numbers of subscribers until they go free to play.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

No, I'm pretty sure it would mean more people are playing it and it has a larger share of the market than without.

Divide 1-2 mil amongst 3 platforms with isolated populations from one another... then realize that that number is an ideal situation but by no means likely, get the idea?

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

People are jumping to conclusions way too early.  The game hasn't been out for even a week (launched), and people are already saying, it's the best, it's the worst, it's worth a sub, it's going f2p, it's going to have 20 million subs, i'm surprised it sold 1 copy....could we give it some time lol.

I'm enjoying the game myself, but I'm still unsure about all these topics.  It has the potential to be all these things, for better or worse.  

They're all opinions anyways, and not facts.  So it doesn't even really matter.  For some reason people think their opinions matter, they don't.

I find it funny how many people come in here to post negative things about a game they don't even play or have put any money into...

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by DanitaKusor

Like most new releases, ESO may enjoy a surge of people playing it initially, especially as WoW players are facing a 6 month wait until their next expansion comes out with no new content planned in the interim. But after a month or two everyone is going to be played out with ESO and the population numbers will collapse especially if the game doesn't deliver on endgame content (hint, it won't).

Then in June Wildstar will launch and everyone will jump across to that game instead for another couple of months.

Then a month or two after that WoW will bring out it's pre-expansion event and everyone will leave both games and flood back to WoW.

And both games will limp on with subsistence numbers of subscribers until they go free to play.

And the MMO crowd keeps on insisting they are any different from those console gaming COD players who keep jumping back to the same game with updated graphics, paying a new boxed price. Or comparably the kids hooked on heroi-- Battlefield series. Yet still, the old and wise MMO crowd, flocking like sheeps back inside Blizzard's Cashcow since 2004.

When do people learn?

Regards, bitter old school MMOer who wants his Ultima Online and sandboxes back, oh wait.

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    I doubt they have a good number of box sales, they would be announcing it if this was the case.

Divide 1-2 mil amongst 3 platforms with isolated populations from one another... then realize that that number is an ideal situation but by no means likely, get the idea?

You realise you're going completely off topic don't you? And the introduction of a console version will not lower the population on the PC version. There will be 3 audiences for the game.. not 1 audience split between 3 platforms.