Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Game of Trolls - Season I @dungeons

Comments

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by Distopia

Two words and an abbreviation :P

Edited to correct that :p

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Iselin

Lol at all the fretting over dungeon loot. The best PUGs I've been in just ignore the chests unless it's staring you right in the face and complete the dungeon for the challenge and the skill point and move on.

There is no phat loot in these dungeons that you can't find elsewhere at your leisure. 

I guess every one is so WOW brainwashed that they figure dungeons MUST have the best loot and you repeat them over and over until you get THAT drop from THAT dungeon.

I guess the fact that mob XP in dungeons is about 1/10th the mob XP outside isn't enough of a clue that these aren't the standard MMO phat loot rinse and repeat all day long WOW dungeons?

And people say they want new things in their MMOs...yeah right, sure you do.

If new things mean going backward and trying to innovate something which already works perfectly then ..no. Why innovate just for sake of it?

And if you watch the video he never said anything about 'phat loot'. He even said that a 'green' drop or something useful would be great as a reward for killing bosses. But instead all the good stuff is in chests. On top of that there is no need or greed which further encourages selfish nature in pugs.

Playing dungeons for 'fun' sounds good in theory and GW2 tried that and we know how that worked out for them and that was a B2P MMO.

Good luck keeping players around in a P2P MMO with the current system. And the loot doesn't have to be a shiny peice of gearor weapon..it can also be a rare recepie or materials for crafting. But ofcourse you are gonna assume the worst because someone said something negative about the game.

You used to be such a level headed guy and i used to enjoy your posts but now you have turned into this really overzealous fan who gets all defensive at drop of the hat.

Really disappointing.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i read the first part of the thread title and thought it was about the mmorpg.com forums.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Lol at all the fretting over dungeon loot. The best PUGs I've been in just ignore the chests unless it's staring you right in the face and complete the dungeon for the challenge and the skill point and move on.

There is no phat loot in these dungeons that you can't find elsewhere at your leisure. 

I guess every one is so WOW brainwashed that they figure dungeons MUST have the best loot and you repeat them over and over until you get THAT drop from THAT dungeon.

I guess the fact that mob XP in dungeons is about 1/10th the mob XP outside isn't enough of a clue that these aren't the standard MMO phat loot rinse and repeat all day long WOW dungeons?

If new things mean going backward and trying to innovate something which already works perfectly then ..no. Why innovate just for sake of it?

And if you watch the video he never said anything about 'phat loot'. He even said that a 'green' drop or something useful would be great as a reward for killing bosses. But instead all the good stuff is in chests. On top of that there is no need or greed which further encourages selfish nature in pugs.

Playing dungeons for 'fun' sounds good in theory and GW2 tried that and we know how that worked out for them and that was a B2P MMO.

Good luck keeping players around in a P2P MMO with the current system. And the loot doesn't have to be a shiny peice of gearor weapon..it can also be a rare recepie or materials for crafting. But ofcourse you are gonna assume the worst because someone said something negative about the game.

You used to be such a level headed guy and i used to enjoy your posts but now you have turned into this really overzealous fan who gets all defensive at drop of the hat.

Really disappointing.

The first time you run the dungeon you do get a blue something as a reward. After that, nothing. What does that tell you about re-running them?

Besides, the bosses do drop blues. I just ran 3 dungeons with one of my lowbee characters and I got 8 blues from bosses. What there is not is a guaranteed drop.

The no drop from bosses is a gross exaggeration by you, by force or by anyone else who says it.

[mod edit]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

Really disappointing.

The first time you run the dungeon you do get a blue something as a reward. After that, nothing. What does that tell you about re-running them?

Besides, the bosses do drop blues. I just ran 3 dungeons with one of my lowbee characters and I got 8 blues from bosses. What there is not is a guaranteed drop.

The no drop from bosses is a gross exaggeration by you, by force or by anyone else who says it.

[mod edit]

I'm not sure which i find more ludicrous. You thinking it's healthy for an mmo to have content that should only be completed once and done forever never to be repeated  OR you thinking thats what ESO devs want their players to do.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Really disappointing.

[mod edit]

Yeah i just photoshoped the 54 hours on my raptr sig. You got me!!!

And i have been running a lot of dungeons since yesterday on all of my 3 alts and drop rate is bad. Moreover the guy in video didn't mean ' guaranteed drop for what i need' but guaranteed as in something useful which could be then needed or greeded by the entire party.

And i read my post again..nowhere i said 'no drop' from bosses. However i did mention better loot being stuck in chests which can not be shared by rest of the party.

[mod edit]

Really disappointing.

[mod edit]

Yeah i just photoshoped the 54 hours on my raptr sig. You got me!!!

And i have been running a lot of dungeons since yesterday on all of my 3 alts and drop rate is bad. Moreover the guy in video didn't mean ' guaranteed drop for what i need' but guaranteed as in something useful which could be then needed or greeded by the entire party.

And i read my post again..nowhere i said 'no drop' from bosses. However i did mention better loot being stuck in chests which can not be shared by rest of the party.

[mod edit]

Yeah, need or greed on the honor system in a game where everyone can use everything.... yeah, that will work. The same asshat in the video wouldn't need everything lol.

There's one good point in the force video: that when someone gets kicked from the group they shouldn't stay in the dungeon. Everything else id just mmorpg.com hysteria and trolling.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

Fair enough I suppose. This still doesn't explain the issue that one player was allowed to remain in an instance and ruin it for the other 3 members. While I can agree with you that trolls are everywhere (obviously) and that any system can be abused, I just can't fathom the reasoning behind allowing a player who was kicked from a group in a group instance to be allowed to remain there.

Because a troll with the ability to remove you from the instance is a far worse thing than a troll who takes all of the chests.  Theres no vote to kick, it's just party leader's decision. If you got booted at the very end of  the dungeon it'd be no quest complete and no skill point if you were ported out. The instance doesn't belong to anyone, it belongs to everyone.

Yeah, need or greed on the honor system in a game where everyone can use everything.... yeah, that will work. The same asshat in the video wouldn't need everything lol.

There's one good point in the force video: that when someone gets kicked from the group they shouldn't stay in the dungeon. Everything else id just mmorpg.com hysteria and trolling.

I am sure if FFXIV ARR can manage to solve this problem so can ESO. How..it is up to them

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by sketocafe

Fair enough I suppose. This still doesn't explain the issue that one player was allowed to remain in an instance and ruin it for the other 3 members. While I can agree with you that trolls are everywhere (obviously) and that any system can be abused, I just can't fathom the reasoning behind allowing a player who was kicked from a group in a group instance to be allowed to remain there.

Because a troll with the ability to remove you from the instance is a far worse thing than a troll who takes all of the chests.  Theres no vote to kick, it's just party leader's decision. If you got booted at the very end of  the dungeon it'd be no quest complete and no skill point if you were ported out. The instance doesn't belong to anyone, it belongs to everyone.

again...something other mmos dealt with 10 years ago, so not a very good reason to have it in this one.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by DamonVile

again...something other mmos dealt with 10 years ago, so not a very good reason to have it in this one.

I've been kicked on teh last boss plenty of times over the last decade, other times as well. Force didn't own that instance. He keeps saying our instance, our chests but the trolling guy had as much right to the instance as the rest of them. There is no fucking reality where being removed from the instance because one person decides it is an acceptable solution to the problem of people who couldn't deal with someone taking all of the chests. 

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

Question for this thread:

How viable is nightblades stealth and lock picking in terms of someone choosing to roleplay a down and dirty scoundrel nightblade who portrays themselves otherwise to go along with a hearty group of adventurers only to sneak off and plunder chests way ahead of the party.

Is it possible to stealth past dangerous mobs or does trying to pick the lock activate nearby mobs?

Curious ow far could this be exploited...er I mean roleplayed :P

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I've been kicked on teh last boss plenty of times over the last decade, other times as well. Force didn't own that instance. He keeps saying our instance, our chests but the trolling guy had as much right to the instance as the rest of them. There is no fucking reality where being removed from the instance because one person decides it is an acceptable solution to the problem of people who couldn't deal with someone taking all of the chests. 

You're not very good with the whole "solution" thing are you ?

A solution solves a problem, what you keep posting is just one extreme being justified by another.

Vote kicks take a whole group of ass holes to grief one member. Putting party kicks on a cool down after combat prevents people from dumping someone after a boss fight...lots and lots of examples out there of how games have dealt with and improved on the party mechanics. ESO just went back to the dark ages of gaming.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Once people notice someone needing everything, everyone needs items from then on and the ninja looter loses their power. Perhaps they don't even need a need/greed system. Maybe it would just be nice if everyone rolled on everything. Or everyone got their own drops. There are plenty of things better than the archaic, stupid way of delivering loot they have implemented.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

You're not very good with the whole "solution" thing are you ?

A solution solves a problem, what you keep posting is just one extreme being justified by another.

Vote kicks take a whole group of ass holes to grief one member. Putting party kicks on a cool down after combat prevents people from dumping someone after a boss fight...lots and lots of examples out there of how games have dealt with and improved on the party mechanics. ESO just went back to the dark ages of gaming.

Exactly. Don't feel the need to stress it anymore than I already have. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

Originally posted by BeansnBread

Once people notice someone needing everything, everyone needs items from then on and the ninja looter loses their power. Perhaps they don't even need a need/greed system. Maybe it would just be nice if everyone rolled on everything. Or everyone got their own drops. There are plenty of things better than the archaic, stupid way of delivering loot they have implemented.

Everyone already does get their own drops off corpses, including boss corpses.

Chests in dungeons are the distraction. Best solution is remove all chests and lootable containers from instanced 4-man dungeons.

What some of you guys don't seem to get is that the loot in those chests inside dungeons is no better nor worse than what you get from chests in the open world. i.e. they are no big deal. They are just a distraction from the task at hand.

As a matter of fact, the best drops don't even come from chests. They come from the bosses at the skull and crossbones camps in the open world. If loot is what you're after, you should just get a group together to do those...and there are about 8-10 per zone. Only low level purple weapon drop I've gotten came from one of those in Auridon.

And... the lot drop quality form just normal mobs in any old public dungeon or the open word gets progressively better as you level. 1-15 you get almost 0 blues dropping from those. 15-30 you'll get a whole shitpile of blues from those.

Like I said, other than the kicked player in instance issue - and that is a real issue that needs fixing - this thread is a lot to do about nothing.... a lot of angst over crap loot.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Lucky I run with my guild don't have to put up with this hot mess........... #aintnobodygottimeforthat
  • ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

Everyone already does get their own drops off corpses, including boss corpses.

Chests in dungeons are the distraction. Best solution is remove all chests and lootable containers from instanced 4-man dungeons.

What some of you guys don't seem to get is that the loot in those chests inside dungeons is no better nor worse than what you get from chests in the open world. i.e. they are no big deal. They are just a distraction from the task at hand.

As a matter of fact, the best drops don't even come from chests. They come from the bosses at the skull and crossbones camps in the open world. If loot is what you're after, you should just get a group together to do those...and there are about 8-10 per zone. Only low level purple weapon drop I've gotten came from one of those in Auridon.

And... the lot drop quality form just normal mobs in any old public dungeon or the open word gets progressively better as you level. 1-15 you get almost 0 blues dropping from those. 15-30 you'll get a whole shitpile of blues from those.

Like I said, other than the kicked player in instance issue - and that is a real issue that needs fixing - this thread is a lot to do about nothing.... a lot of angst over crap loot.

Looks like you are trying to convince yourself by repeating that anyone who is of the opinion that this is bad dungeon design is either a troll or just expressing lots of angst over crap loot. Even though it is not 'just ' about loot.

If merely disagreeing and having difference of opinion makes us a troll then we all are troll including yourself.

And for someone who was just accusing the poster for exaggeratng you yourself love to do the same. Shit pile of blues from open world bosses? really? image

We also play the game you know..you just can't keep making up stuff as you go.

What i see is too much un necessary defending of bad game design and angst over a legitimate complaint. You should have stopped after your very first post which as usual added nothing constructive to the discussion other than back handed insults.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Hrotha
    Havent seen it yourself? Convince yourself by watching the latest impression of higher level dungeons and how much of a troll-nature there in can be found. Coming to you by Force:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLBHjwCw088 Enjoy

Its not really trolling, its just greed.

And why shouldn't he/she clear out the chests? its not like there is any repercussions because of dungeon finders.

Back in the day if you pulled shit like that you would get "named" and find it hard to get groups from then on. Now, The most they can do is kick him just so he/she can reque and continue to maximize his or her shinies.

Why should groups care? the player is just a number anyway and can be "replaced" on whim. Only in teso you actually have the think about the repercussions of kicking someone because they may become disgruntled preventing replacements.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Watched the video and it seems like something that should have been hammered out during the Beta, for sure.     

To chime in a separate spotlight,  Wildstar is currently in the Beta.  Players can queue up for dungeons/Adventures/whatever.   These can be kicked from it as well if by group vote.     When kicked, the player is actually booted from the instance and cannot stay or rejoin that group.     The loot is set up on a roll system for items of high quality between players on a Need or Greed [or Pass] basis.   Even resource nodes inside the instance are split between players who have that same resource gathering profession of that particular Tier (so no-one is going to steal all the mineral nodes by just rushing over while the group is fighting trash mobs).

Again, these are design issues that are clearly seen and taken care of on a game that's still got 3/4ths of April and all of May before it's launch.    A beta client that has it down to the point of even considering resource nodes and preventing ninjaing on those.

So -all the above considered-  why is it that TESO didn't have this stuff handled prior to the game's launch?     Was there no player feedback to get it fixed to prevent player ninjaing, trolling, loot hording, team breaking, and so forth? 

• fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506

The beta testers who tested most dungeon areas were not social inept people. Once the mass hordes get unleashed all kinds of social scum rises to the top.

We need to eliminate this scum. It is a shame we have to implement game design around the scum rather then just casting out the scum from our social confines. 

I remember in EQ, once your name got tarnished, you were done on servers. 

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444
    Is Zmax aware of this issue?

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    Originally posted by Thodra
    Is Zmax aware of this issue?

Its not some kind of bug. Its the way Devs wanted to be in the first place. If someone think it sucks, then he must get use to it, because its not a bug but a designing decision by ZEN :)

• KoreanSoWhatKoreanSoWhat Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by Hrotha

Havent seen it yourself? Convince yourself by watching the latest impression of higher level dungeons and how much of a troll-nature there in can be found. Coming to you by Force:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLBHjwCw088

Enjoy

Alright, I played ESO beta, I know this game is garbage. But I am buying it NOW. 

Thank you for this nice youtube video showing this game is worth something!

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

It has erupted on the game forums, but at this stage it's just a case of wait and see what happens.

Some aspects of the game just feel like the developers where determined not to do things the way other mmo's do - no matter if what they where trying to change away from is actually working very well in many other mmo's.

Now I can applaud companies for doing something different, if the outcome is on a par with the generally used format. This is so obviously not the case here.

This appears to be extremely basic in it's multiple flaws, staying in the dungeon, unable to replace etc. I wonder about the naivety of this games' developers with issues like this.