Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

So how the hell do you use something from quickbar slot?

NebellNebell KarlshamnPosts: 32Member

I'm getting really pissed off by this. I have healing potions in my quick bar, press and hold Q, it shows up, I move the mouse to select healing pots, release - nothing happens. Try to left click while holding Q - nothing happens. Try to right click while holding Q - nothing happens.

Worst "use item" design ever?

Comments

• DivonaDivona WellingtonPosts: 175Member
    Press Q to use item. Hold Q to choose which item from the quick slots to be put on quick bar, no clicking involve.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Dallas, TXPosts: 1,069Member Uncommon
    Holding Q just allows you to choose it. Just tap Q to use the selected item.  You will see the keybind to the bottom left of your skill bar.
  • NebellNebell KarlshamnPosts: 32Member
    Thanks, why did they complicate it so much...
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Brownwood, TXPosts: 177Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nebell

Because it makes it easier for the console crowd . I agree with you, it should be different on the PC version. Im always bumping Q by accident and wasting items....

1. You have the right to shut the hell up.
    2. You have the right to a opinion just as soon as I tell you what it is.
    3. You have the right to die quietly or kicking and screaming. It doesn't really make a difference because you're dead either way.

• oldboygameroldboygamer NuneatonPosts: 139Member
    It's a lot easier to use than the quick equip system in Skyrim. One problem I did have though was sometimes I'd accidentally touch the Q button and use whatever was selected, so I always keep a slot empty and keep that slot selected when running about, so I don't waste potions etc...
  • zwei2zwei2 SingaporePosts: 361Member

I'm getting really pissed off by this. I have healing potions in my quick bar, press and hold Q, it shows up, I move the mouse to select healing pots, release - nothing happens. Try to left click while holding Q - nothing happens. Try to right click while holding Q - nothing happens.

Worst "use item" design ever?

Consider it "INNOVATION". And yes, it is just SOOOOOO hard to use, that it makes me miss the simple "press a button to pop a potion".

The possibility of the universe collapsing into a singularity is higher than the birth of a perfect MMORPG.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,064Member Uncommon
    Its about time someone makes a ui mod that allows people to set up 8 hotkeys for each of the 8 spots on the ring..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 mesa, AZPosts: 430Member

No offense to you sir but I fail to see how it's even remotely complicated.

• thunderCthunderC miami flPosts: 465Member Uncommon
    One of the first things i did in game was change the Q box to 6 and the R Box to 7. Just go into control settings and change it to your liking
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,452Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nyghthowler

Because it makes it easier for the console crowd . I agree with you, it should be different on the PC version. Im always bumping Q by accident and wasting items....

If that's not convenient you can remap it.

I don't like their little wheel but I like the one use button. So I'm conflicted.