Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a honest review (have questions as well)

13»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Originally posted by Creatorzim

Like you said, story is finite essentially. With no real end content PVE wise yet, that would either make this the most boring game in the world or a PVP based game at cap.

Also the devs said from the start they had no intention on having any raid content and saw no future where they would add that. because TES has and never will be about raids. They did said they had plans for bigger than 4 content but never said anything else. Looks like it wasnt until a few months ago they finally started talking about adding in these adventure zones. Essentially have the game was all finished they started adding in that content.

I feel the whole point of an MMO is grouping and if that is a weak point that this game is having I just dont feel like me spending $60 plus $15 a month is worth it when I can grab games that has way better story and gameplay and play those for half the cost with no monthly cost.

No they spoke about adventure zones a long time ago. They also said these zones as well as Thieve's Guild, Assassin's Guild and the crime system would not be in at launch. Given how much has been put into their world I have no doubt that making these zones at launch would have been too large for them to pull off.

yes, grouping feels to be a weak point when doing storied quests. However, if you get in a group and take quests together then it works much better.

At cap you can still do dungeons over and over again but to me that's just a type of raiding.

I"m not trying to convince you to play the game but I think if you are not going to play OR are going to play you should make your decision based upon really knowing what it's about.

Most of the problems with these games is that players go in with expectations and then become disgruntled kids at Christmas because they didn't get a Red Rider BB gun.

If you go in with realistic expectations you are going to have a better time of it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • andreawalesandreawales Member Posts: 44
    Kudos to the OP for removing the " Fanbois " from the thread title, I wish more people would stop using this word , its childish and offensive.
  • DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424

I think maybe in a few months when they have a sale ill check it out so I get a month of content pretty cheap. From the sounds of everything PVP is the main cornerstone of this game.

Raiding was an after thought and was said to never exist in the game but I guess they realized that most gamers are PVE driven not PVP and quickly looking to get some more players on board.

The story sounds interesting, some people have huge praise for it but havent been able to really give a good bases around what they consider good, better than killing x sheep doesnt make something good, just better. Some games have done an amazing story line that draws you in wanting to know what is going to happen next, not well now I get to kill something bigger so thats better right?

I dont enjoy crafting which it seems like is a nice chunk of content which I would have rather of had raid bosses instead which would have brought grouping to an MMO...

I will probably have fun with the game but will not stay more than a month due to nothing to do after cap. Cap is where the majority of time is spent and for some reason developers do not understand that once cap is reached something needs to happen to keep our attention. Someone stated that even PVP, the highlight of the game has 0 reason for PVP, you are not fighting to gain something, not fighting to control something, just fighting to fight. Every MMO has that, its not something new.

For me my hopes is still ArcheAge, im a themepark person so we will see how that goes, havent had too high hopes for it but it keeps peaking my interests every time I see and hear something about it, besides that its probably P2W, if so wont be investing too much time in. 

Would love to see how WildStar does for my themepark fix. Just keep hearing about havent done my research on the game too much though.

Until then I will wander the MMO seas playing decent games until something steals my heart.

Wait, you say you're more of a pve raiding type, but you're waiting for Archeage, a pvp sandbox? image

Anyway, you meantion Wildstar, which is probably a better game for you. Carbine themselve said the team is mostly focused on endgame content, being it dungeons, raids or pvp. I'd say that game is definitely more your style. Check the info on it, i think you might like.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Originally posted by DEAD.line

Wait, you say you're more of a pve raiding type, but you're waiting for Archeage, a pvp sandbox? image

Anyway, you meantion Wildstar, which is probably a better game for you. Carbine themselve said the team is mostly focused on endgame content, being it dungeons, raids or pvp. I'd say that game is more your style. Check the info on it, i think you might like.

There are many people who have played Archeage who point out that it's more themepark than some people realize.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Anyway, you meantion Wildstar, which is probably a better game for you. Carbine themselve said the team is mostly focused on endgame content, being it dungeons, raids or pvp. I'd say that game is more your style. Check the info on it, i think you might like.

There are many people who have played Archeage who point out that it's more themepark than some people realize.

Oh, i know it has themeparks features. Just for the record, i haven't follow it completely, so i might have missed so news. And yes, i know about patch 1.0, but Trion already talked about that.

I'm simply saying that after the leveling, the game also as territory based ffa pvp in the northern continent, open world housing and farming, piracy, etc. Not going to get into the whole "is it a sandbox or not?" discussion.

Simply saying it as some "sandboxish" features and that the themepark elements are not the only thing it as. But yes, it's more of a hybrid, which is fine IMO. Sorry if i worded that wrong.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

The questing design is good and bad. The good is that exploring is encouraged. It's bad because XP is only awarded at the end of lengthy chains in many cases, item rewards are awful, and it FORCES you to find quests regularly.

The questing experience made me quit the game by level 13.

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274

Originally posted by andreawales
    Kudos to the OP for removing the " Fanbois " from the thread title, I wish more people would stop using this word , its childish and offensive.

I didnt removing it, must have bene someone else that complained, too many crybabies I suppose. and look besides the idiots chimming in with their 2 cents about fanbois I got some great reviews that made up my mind.

I think maybe in a few months when they have a sale ill check it out so I get a month of content pretty cheap. From the sounds of everything PVP is the main cornerstone of this game.

Raiding was an after thought and was said to never exist in the game but I guess they realized that most gamers are PVE driven not PVP and quickly looking to get some more players on board.

The story sounds interesting, some people have huge praise for it but havent been able to really give a good bases around what they consider good, better than killing x sheep doesnt make something good, just better. Some games have done an amazing story line that draws you in wanting to know what is going to happen next, not well now I get to kill something bigger so thats better right?

I dont enjoy crafting which it seems like is a nice chunk of content which I would have rather of had raid bosses instead which would have brought grouping to an MMO...

I will probably have fun with the game but will not stay more than a month due to nothing to do after cap. Cap is where the majority of time is spent and for some reason developers do not understand that once cap is reached something needs to happen to keep our attention. Someone stated that even PVP, the highlight of the game has 0 reason for PVP, you are not fighting to gain something, not fighting to control something, just fighting to fight. Every MMO has that, its not something new.

For me my hopes is still ArcheAge, im a themepark person so we will see how that goes, havent had too high hopes for it but it keeps peaking my interests every time I see and hear something about it, besides that its probably P2W, if so wont be investing too much time in. 

Would love to see how WildStar does for my themepark fix. Just keep hearing about havent done my research on the game too much though.

Until then I will wander the MMO seas playing decent games until something steals my heart.

Anyway, you meantion Wildstar, which is probably a better game for you. Carbine themselve said the team is mostly focused on endgame content, being it dungeons, raids or pvp. I'd say that game is definitely more your style. Check the info on it, i think you might like.

I like TES and thats sandbox, I just usually find that Themepark has the best stories that is all. I think for the most part that the majority of PVP now a days is the same PVP it was 15 years ago, just PVP to PVP. But ArcheAge it seems like you can see something happening, building and fortifying an area that is always changing, not capture this point until someone comes back and captures it later. The ability to change the surronding seems much more interesting, I hear Lineage was great but never got to it until it was pretty much dead and couldnt stand the controls.

Just joined the beta for WIldstar, didnt know it was already that close so we shall see on that.