Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well they certainely know how to annoy many players

13»

Comments

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by Stizzled

What an idiotic and condescending thing to say. Your making quite large assumptions about why someone might have only $1 in their bank account. It might be time to step off your high horse, examine your life, and figure out why you feel the need to treat others with such disrespect.

I made no assumptions. I just stated a fact.

If you have only $1 in your bank account for any reason, you should take a break from video games and take long hard look in the mirror.

I think you should examine your own life and figure out why you find the truth so offensive.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Damedius

What an idiotic and condescending thing to say. Your making quite large assumptions about why someone might have only $1 in their bank account. It might be time to step off your high horse, examine your life, and figure out why you feel the need to treat others with such disrespect.

If you have only $1 in your bank account for any reason, you should take a break from video games and take long hard look in the mirror.

I think you should examine your own life and figure out why you find the truth so offensive.

Umm what has having 1 dollar in bank got anything to do with 'have a look in mirror'?

A lot of people go through this in day to day life and mostly it is temporary. You never heard of people living from paycheck to paycheck?

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Traugar
    Originally posted by ojustaboo

[quote] Originally posted by Traugar

Originally posted by ojustaboo

I have played numerous sub games before and any with included days on initial purchase did not require me to give my details to redeem those days.  
    Name these games.  Someone named Final Fantasy.  I can't speak for that one since I didn't play it.  I do remember that WoW, SWG, EQ2, AoC, EVE, and SWTOR have all required a CC to be entered up front.   

To quote someone from the official forum

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/67461/bank-account-being-charged/p1

I remember when I got WoW, came in with the Burning Crusade I believe. When I got my box, I installed, made an account...and played free with no CC required. I got an email from Blizzard about a week before my time was up saying I should soon set up my CC information.    

And SWTOR did allow me to play without setting up a subscription as did TERA.  Others say so too on the official forum thread. Cant remember exactly with EQ2, I played their trial without giving them any such info, bought the game but it was a while ago now. It was after launch but before F2P

Someone else has also said TSW didn't require this, and others have said RIFT also didn't

And again people often play games using pre-paid cards, do these also have to enter credit card details?

Many people mnyself included ordered direct from zenimax, they already have my credit card details, I even had to give them the last 4 digits in order to change my login name.   They know my card is legit, so why do I need to take out a subscription for my included 30 days?

All of those required cards to set up an account with the possible exception of TERA (I didn't play that one).  WoW most definitely did prior to its free under level 20 thing.  The only time any of them didn't require it was during a free trial.  If you came into wow or the others on a trial then no you wouldn't of had to until your trial was about out, but new games don't have trials so it really doesn't compare.  

EVE does not require (slap yourself for that one), WoW never required CC info put in (EU side, pre-20 level thing) and asking around neither UO,EQ, etc required CC up front so lets all take off the honeymoon glasses and recognize that this is the developer bending you over so they have good 1st and 2nd month stats.

• RawasaRawasa Member UncommonPosts: 37

Did you know as a fact that people dont normally keep absurd amounts of cash in their online wallets for security reasons? or are you too stupid to realise that? gaming isnt only for rich people...and I keep my gaming bank account with the amount of money I need for gaming no more no less. Im looking in the mirror and I see nothing wrong with keeping $1 in my account. Until I need anymore its going to stay that way so please you are making yourself look like an idiot move on with your life.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by Vallista
    Originally posted by elocke
    Granted I know there are other companies and games in the past decade who have overcome these issues, but we have to remember Zenimax is new at this, so they at least get a pass.  They only don't get a pass if they don't fix the issue, but it seems they are on top of this stuff, so I'm going to cut them some slack and hope they start paying attention to what other companies have done, more.

They don't get a pass.  Period!  They knew full well about trying to charge customers upfront before launch.  I'm so....sick of the BS.  Stop defending what can't be defended.  Charging players full price for the box, lying about the free 30 access, and then playing the bluffing game is just wrong.  Zenimax knew from the beginning and was hoping that players would blindly go alone with their plan. 

Rofl.  I don't see EVERYONE getting charged.  Just the a few out of how many thousands of people?  yeah, that's not a big issue, especially considering they answered the issue right away in the forums, quite well in my opinion.  I just know that every "start up" business has wrinkles and we're going to see this and others as Zenimax gets under way.  It doesn't change the fact that the game is incredible and seems to have done a complete turn around on pulling myself and many others into it after being ridiculed endlessly during it's beta period.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Vallista
    Granted I know there are other companies and games in the past decade who have overcome these issues, but we have to remember Zenimax is new at this, so they at least get a pass.  They only don't get a pass if they don't fix the issue, but it seems they are on top of this stuff, so I'm going to cut them some slack and hope they start paying attention to what other companies have done, more.

They don't get a pass.  Period!  They knew full well about trying to charge customers upfront before launch.  I'm so....sick of the BS.  Stop defending what can't be defended.  Charging players full price for the box, lying about the free 30 access, and then playing the bluffing game is just wrong.  Zenimax knew from the beginning and was hoping that players would blindly go alone with their plan. 

Rofl.  I don't see EVERYONE getting charged.  Just the a few out of how many thousands of people?  yeah, that's not a big issue, especially considering they answered the issue right away in the forums, quite well in my opinion.  I just know that every "start up" business has wrinkles and we're going to see this and others as Zenimax gets under way.  It doesn't change the fact that the game is incredible and seems to have done a complete turn around on pulling myself and many others into it after being ridiculed endlessly during it's beta period.

It doesn't matter if it is everyone or 1% of the total because every customer is important in the long run for a P2P game (devoted customers in F2P or B2P games) and while I understand your enthusiasm for the game you shouldn't basically tell people they aren't important because life has a way of bitchslapping you with something similar.

And while the game may be incredible now even with its issues so was SWG pre-NGE and we all know what happened to that gem due to its inexperienced (but less so) developer/publisher.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Wow. That's the kind of ignorance you read about in fairy tales, I didn't think it actually existed! Holy shite.

Get over yourself and grow up kid (at least I HOPE you're not an adult with that mindset).

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

I remember being annoyed when WoW made me do that too. Now I know better.

You won't get charged for your subscription until your free game time runs out.

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

I also find this situation a bit stupid to be fair.

When I activated my game I entered my card, only to notice they did in fact took the 12,99€ as a "payment confirmation". I didnt take it too serious since Im used to have some money taken for 24 or 48h when I enter my card in new sites or games, but still, its usually only 1€ or 1$.

To block 12,99€, even if only 24 or 48h is honestly an abuse, since they have absolutely nothing to do with how much money the client has in account until they actually need to make the withdrawal, and that is only after the 30 free days.

For me, it isnt such a big deal, it's not that much money, but I do understand that it is hard for some people and that they are right in feeling themselves frustrated, completely justified in my opinion. Hope they revise this idiotic situation, 2014 is well beyond the time for MMO's to go through the wrong course and make stupid decisions. Theres to many options out there

• RawasaRawasa Member UncommonPosts: 37

Why would someone who may only have $1 in a bank account need to "take a hard look in the mirror"? Is it because your assuming that they must be in some kind of financial trouble? They could have a $1k payment coming in a few days, or a week. Maybe it's just an account they use specifically for gaming purchases that they accidentally let run low, you don't know. Your not stating facts, your stating your opinion based on an assumptions.

I don't see how anyone could not be offended when someone starts telling strangers what they should or shouldn't be doing with their money and free time.

I think if you have a bank account specifically for gaming you should definitely take a hard look in the mirror.

Well you must be thinking too much and overheating your brain. Having a bank account set up for gaming is genius, $1 in account for the sake of having money in it  I use it primarily for subs or digital purchases if a game releases that I want i credit my bank account for either B2P or P2P if  it is B2P its just one time if its P2P I put in enough to buy the game and remain with $1  I also get my free 30 days then when the 30 days is approaching the end I either put in for the first 30 day sub or I just dont if I dont like the game. The most any scam/fraudulent site or gaming company can get from me is $1 thats all. It usually takes a couple days to get reimbursed but all in all I only lose $1 max for the duration. BTW what is with you and that mirror bro?

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by tryklon

I also find this situation a bit stupid to be fair.

When I activated my game I entered my card, only to notice they did in fact took the 12,99€ as a "payment confirmation". I didnt take it too serious since Im used to have some money taken for 24 or 48h when I enter my card in new sites or games, but still, its usually only 1€ or 1$.

To block 12,99€, even if only 24 or 48h is honestly an abuse, since they have absolutely nothing to do with how much money the client has in account until they actually need to make the withdrawal, and that is only after the 30 free days.

For me, it isnt such a big deal, it's not that much money, but I do understand that it is hard for some people and that they are right in feeling themselves frustrated, completely justified in my opinion. Hope they revise this idiotic situation, 2014 is well beyond the time for MMO's to go through the wrong course and make stupid decisions. Theres to many options out there

Agree. It's just plain stupid that they took my money from my CC, and ask me to get back in 10 days if I didn't get it back. They should NEVER have taken them to begin with!!! It's beyond stupid. And they prolly loose some subs due to being this stupid. I wont sub, but mostly because I think the game is quite boring. Only the PVP holds a candle in my book to other themepark MMOs. 

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by cheyane

Their inexperience in running an MMO is what is causing most of this. I do agree OP your points are valid. I wonder how the console players who are unused to subs will react to these issues.

Well speaking for myself , having played subbed console MMO's for 11 years , then I am used to such things. Maybe some new school console players might not be though. I was even subbed to the same MMO on two different console platforms for about 6 years. The only problem I had when trying to start a new MMO was that actually starting and getting online , entering passwords etc etc , sometimes took about 1-3 hours or more now that was annoying back in the day.

So console players are used to such things too ( using myself and many friends as an example ).

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]