Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Being Charged 14.99 Up front Beforre 30 Days???

Comments

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22

They already said it's a mistake if it's happened to anyone and it isn't supposed to charge till after 30 days.  It really is unreal how willing and eager so many people are in game forums to go ape shit over ever little thing, most of the time without even knowing any details or whether something said is factual or not.  It's like a good lot of you just constantly want to be upset about something.  Good lord....

People have the right to upset if they are being charged ahead of 30 days. For apologists nothing ever is a big deal.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

They already said it's a mistake if it's happened to anyone and it isn't supposed to charge till after 30 days.  It really is unreal how willing and eager so many people are in game forums to go ape shit over ever little thing, most of the time without even knowing any details or whether something said is factual or not.  It's like a good lot of you just constantly want to be upset about something.  Good lord....

People have the right to upset if they are being charged ahead of 30 days. For apologists nothing ever is a big deal.

If this is the case, you are correct.  Don't screw with people's money.   That said, from what I read on the official forums... this is actually a pre-authorization and not a charge.  Even many of the original complainers now realize this.  but again, if you were in fact CHARGED you should be mad.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339

And I would be curious to know if the OP has even put a redeem code for having purchased the game to activate free 30 days at all before raging?  Or are you expecting your 5-day early access code to grant you 30 days?  Because it won't.

Well clearly you have not read all my posts on this thread wow.  Yes of course I have entered my retail key that is the only way you would be asked for a sub.

Originally posted by Talrune

And I would be curious to know if the OP has even put a redeem code for having purchased the game to activate free 30 days at all before raging?  Or are you expecting your 5-day early access code to grant you 30 days?  Because it won't.

Well clearly you have not read all my posts on this thread wow.  Yes of course I have entered my retail key that is the only way you would be asked for a sub.

That is what i wrote on last page too, entering retail key takes you to sub page by default. No surprise he didn't even bother to read and rushed straight to defend Zenimax.

I was charged 15 bucks too so you are not alone. I sent in a  ticket for refund.

• ravareravare Member UncommonPosts: 58

Jesus, seriously people. If it was an error, call their billing department and get it sorted out like a normal person would. Stop making posts on forums trying to raise hell over an error.

Use due diligence and let them know they have to fix it and get it done. And for the "omg i cant believe they did this to you!".......it was an error on Zenimax's part and they know it.....its not some tricky super conspiracy bait and switch to steal your money.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Distopia

I've never had an mmo do that before. The craziest thing I've heard is SquareEnix used to have some weird rules about the account, but I'm sure they dropped those quite a while ago.

I hope this is just a glitch in their billing system and not intended behavior. Either way, not cool. Well most mmo players won't find that to be very cool I think.

"We ask that you enter a credit card, but it is only authorized. No charge is made. If you do see that a charge has been erroneously made before your included 30 days of gametime are up and have confirmed with your bank that this is the case, please let us know and we'll happily correct the error."

That's good to know. After I thought about it for a bit I remembered LotRO having some double billing issues a couple times. That really got some heated forum posts.

Warhammer/Mythic had the same, multiple charges I think some lost as much as $1000+ from their Bank accounts, of course it was reimbursed later. Still quite the snafu.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Glad I waited to hit the button on my 180 day sub. I will still get it but not right away.

Originally posted by makasouleater69

I've never had an mmo do that before. The craziest thing I've heard is SquareEnix used to have some weird rules about the account, but I'm sure they dropped those quite a while ago.

I hope this is just a glitch in their billing system and not intended behavior. Either way, not cool. Well most mmo players won't find that to be very cool I think.

"We ask that you enter a credit card, but it is only authorized. No charge is made. If you do see that a charge has been erroneously made before your included 30 days of gametime are up and have confirmed with your bank that this is the case, please let us know and we'll happily correct the error."

Yeah that mystery department, they keep spamming my email with. Saying they are investigating, I wounder how many weeks that will take them. Good luck with the customer service on the phone, all they are gonna tell you is, we have to send it to another department, we will get back to you some time.

You know you're one of the first to call a fan out for the opposite of this kind of thing. I'm sorry but do you really think they can get away with stealing peoples money? When the company is admitting to possible defunct charges, how hard do you really think it's going to be to reverse this charge?

Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Glad I waited to hit the button on my 180 day sub. I will still get it but not right away.

Exactly that was the point of the post at the start to let folks now wether a pre auth or a charge(most mmos never do the full sub amount ever as a hold or charge up front0

but it slowly unraveled lol but yeah either way I love the game it was just a pooor  choice for  a merchant they are using to process their subs I am sure the processor is not a great one.

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by ilives
    Originally posted by ianicus

In my 17 years of playing mmos I honestly never recalled a mmo that ad 30 days game time charging your credit card for the following month before the 30 days are up...never. 

Yeah there may be a 1.00 auth charge and I though perhaps the 14.99 was the same thing and will fall off.  I called American Express and t hey said no this is an actual merchant charge not a pre auth and will not fall off. 

Very deceiving on their part Zenimax.  Having American Express remove that charge as well. I don't mind if they specified you have to pay your sub up front then get 30 days free but that has never been like this for any other mmo I have ever played.

I would say this was a billing error in thier system. It can happen easy enough, tons of MMO's out there have had billing issues, double charges, etc. Its too bad it had to happen in the first month, but as they have replied in thier forums, they are admitting that if there was a charge it would be an error, and are there to help correct it. Anything else is worthless speculation and trolling.

To be  clear my  original post was before they admitted this so i was not trolling.

You failed to mention you went in and setup your Subscription.

Huh? ofcourse has to set up a  susbcription so that they charge him after 30 days and not now.

Really getting tired of fans defending Zenimax for every single error and blunder since day one.

I didn't have to set up a Subscription and I'm hardly a fan.  I'm tired of people making generalizations based on ignorance.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    I mean it is not a huge deal just seems deceptive.

This statement seems to cover pretty much everything TESO marketing and billing does.

In my 17 years of playing mmos I honestly never recalled a mmo that ad 30 days game time charging your credit card for the following month before the 30 days are up...never. 

Yeah there may be a 1.00 auth charge and I though perhaps the 14.99 was the same thing and will fall off.  I called American Express and t hey said no this is an actual merchant charge not a pre auth and will not fall off. 

Very deceiving on their part Zenimax.  Having American Express remove that charge as well. I don't mind if they specified you have to pay your sub up front then get 30 days free but that has never been like this for any other mmo I have ever played.

I would say this was a billing error in thier system. It can happen easy enough, tons of MMO's out there have had billing issues, double charges, etc. Its too bad it had to happen in the first month, but as they have replied in thier forums, they are admitting that if there was a charge it would be an error, and are there to help correct it. Anything else is worthless speculation and trolling.

To be  clear my  original post was before they admitted this so i was not trolling.

Huh? ofcourse has to set up a  susbcription so that they charge him after 30 days and not now.

Really getting tired of fans defending Zenimax for every single error and blunder since day one.

I didn't have to set up a Subscription and I'm hardly a fan.  I'm tired of people making generalizations based on ignorance.

Yeah sure..even though putting the retail key takes you to sub page and there is no way to validate it without setting up a sub first.

Stop talking BS.

So keep in mind i'm using American Express card and I alerted them to my payment method in my inital response via email and on phone.  Here is the response just pointing out AMEX is not mentioned and I am clearly using that.  

Response By Email (Linwood) (04/03/2014 09:47 PM)

Greetings Adventurer,

Players setting up their subscription plan using Visa, MasterCard or PayPal may see an initial transaction against their account. However, this transaction is only temporary. The charge represents an authorization check against the account provided, and will be removed once the authorization check is complete. American Express card holders may see a  transaction this may not be a hold but a charge due to our merchant and the charge against their account may take anywhere from 30-60 days to resolve.

If you have any further questions or problems, any of us here at the Elder Scrolls Online Support Team will be happy to assist you with them.

Sincerely,

Linwood F.

ESO Support Team

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    For players using American Express, the transaction is also temporary although the authorization check against their account may take anywhere from 3-7 days to resolve.

So keep in mind i'm using American Express card and I alerted them to my payment method in my inital response via email and on phone.  Here is the response just pointing out AMEX is not mentioned and I am clearly using that.  

Response By Email (Linwood) (04/03/2014 09:47 PM)

Greetings Adventurer,

Players setting up their subscription plan using Visa, MasterCard or PayPal may see an initial transaction against their account. However, this transaction is only temporary. The charge represents an authorization check against the account provided, and will be removed once the authorization check is complete. the transaction is also temporary although the authorization check against their account may take anywhere from 3-7 days to resolve.

If you have any further questions or problems, any of us here at the Elder Scrolls Online Support Team will be happy to assist you with them.

Sincerely,

Linwood F.

ESO Support Team

Yeah typical chain response.

Yeah sure..even though putting the retail key takes you to sub page and there is no way to validate it without setting up a sub first.

Stop talking BS.

There where no "keys" for pre-orders. image

Stop talking BS.

There were no "keys" for pre-orders. image

clearly man your a troll here have some food 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Will most of you continue playing ESO?   Yes.   They do it because they can.   Gamers will put up with almost anything if it is a game they want to play.

Clearly you have no idea what youre talking about, my account DOES NOT have a Subscription.

OThere where no "keys" for pre-orders. image

Huh? i got three keys.

One for pre purchase which gave me early access, one for bonus explorer pack and i got another one today for the release date.

Its ironic that you were the one calling other ignorants when you yourself don't know half of what you are saying.

HE was certainly not trolling there, he's right ..well partially. some people have not received keys for retail yet, one reason you always see the annual extended early access post at every launch. Many haven't received their actual box either.

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499

The worst thing I've seen is Square used to delete every FFXI account after 3 months of inactivity forcing you to rebuy the game if you want to play again.

This is up there though lol

HE was certainly not trolling there, he's right ..well partially. some people have not received keys for retail yet, one reason you always see the annual extended early access post at every launch. Many haven't received their actual box either.

Thanks....I did the digital pre-order and never received any key.

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    We got charged 14.99 twice.... and it still says its going to bill us again in a month on the account site, the charges are pending in the bank as i type this.
This discussion has been closed.