Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early access extended 2 days

Comments

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Wise decision.

I understand launching a new MMO is not easy by any means....

But customers are right too, they want their 5 days early asscess and they have indeed taken servers Off for too many hours.

Even a 12 Hours maintenance...and servers are offline as i am writting this....

So i kudos them for this decision.

I´m LOVING the game so far.

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

...but can you bring the damn servers up now?

gotta work tomorrow.... getting late in Europe you know...

They don´t have the best timing neither...

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by gwei1984

Great news and very generous to give the people 2 more days.

Thank you Zenimax!

Great to hear they are comping people for lost play time, but "very generous"? Ummm, ya'll paid for this early access right? Compensation is the very minimum of what they should offer. It shouldn't be viewed as an act of generosity from ZoS, but rather an expected outcome - you all paid for something, and it didn't work as described. Seems like a glorified, last minute, paid beta test to me.

Just out if interest, in the terms etc, did it state that early access period might be buggy and have glitches, etc? I see everyone saying, "Oh, Early Access is always like this", etc, etc, but did ZoS disclaimer all this in their terms? You know, in that wall of text no one reads when installing or logging in? If so, well then, you all just have to put up with it. If not, and they sold Early Access as a functioning version of the game, like the launch version, then them being "very generous" is irrelevant - they have failed to provide what people paid for.

People seem to have become conditioned to these MMO companies not delivering what is paid for.

• MeridiasBeaconMeridiasBeacon Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by Zzad

Wise decision.

But customers are right too, they want their 5 days early asscess and they have indeed taken servers Off for too many hours.

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

ha! ask the aussies, they are getting the shaft too; great pics, for the Dominion!

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I must be lucky because from some posts it appears I'm one of the few who had close to zero issues.

Apart from the dismount bug...

When I log on GW2 to do some WvW I'm confronted with huge lag within the first 15 minutes. Don't want to trash GW, they'll fix it again eventually, but just to show how released games still suffer from certain issues. I'm also one of the few that accepts issues to a certain degree in an MMORPG. They're not SP games. To make it as smooth as a SP game it will have to be a SP game. But that's just generally speaking. I'm experiencing the smoothest launch...

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Rigamortis
    Originally posted by Kayo45
    lol, awesome ... still not putting in my key until im confident the game is nice and stable. Feel for those who bought it directly.

Really?!?  I have done over 100+ quests the last few days and ran into only TWO quests I could not complete.  The server being down for maintenance is normal as well,  so I have no clue how much more "Nice and stable" you are looking for /boggle

-Rig

Lol most mmorpgs dont go down for 16 hours. What game do you play? Also they dont let you log into other peoples characters, not to mention make you re download the game, sucks for me since i get 170kbs 

Originally posted by Zzad

Wise decision.

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

Lol i guess you dont understand what head start means then. It wasnt much of a head start considering it was down almost 50 percent of the time. They arent pushing the release date back 2 days.

• RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327
    Originally posted by makasouleater69
    lol, awesome ... still not putting in my key until im confident the game is nice and stable. Feel for those who bought it directly.

Really?!?  I have done over 100+ quests the last few days and ran into only TWO quests I could not complete.  The server being down for maintenance is normal as well,  so I have no clue how much more "Nice and stable" you are looking for /boggle

-Rig

Lol most mmorpgs dont go down for 16 hours. What game do you play? Also they dont let you log into other peoples characters, not to mention make you re download the game, sucks for me since i get 170kbs 

A good chunk of MMO's wouldn't let you log in for hours on end, so whats the difference? At least when the server is up, you get in to play, not sit in a que and join the rant riots in the forum (which consequently then brings the forums down)

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I am quite surprised that people say there are so many bugs. I didn't come across any when playing. The only annoying thing was the downtime. But when the servers were up I had 0 lag and 0 bugs.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344
    Originally posted by venats

-Rig

Quests are bugged out as time goes by, to have done 100+ quests by now would mean you were ahead of the pack in general. Yes, you saw few bugs because you were part of the herd causing the bugs for subsequent players in the first place.

I started playing the game on Tuesday...I had 5 day early access but couldn't play Sunday or Monday.

I just got my 100 quest achievement last night and I'm level 16.

Basically I'm saying your theory is completely false and you're reasoning behind not playing the game makes no sense.  I've experience 1 bugged quest.  A smoother MMO launch has never happened (if you think server downtime makes a launch not smooth...well...you must be new around here).

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    I am quite surprised that people say there are so many bugs. I didn't come across any when playing. The only annoying thing was the downtime. But when the servers were up I had 0 lag and 0 bugs.

There are no bugs.  There's a few bugged quests...that's about it.

They addressed the issue of logging into the wrong account promptly and precisely.  What more could you people ask for?

99% of people playing the game are experiencing no problems and are happy as clams.  The other 1% come to MMORPG.com to to post "GAME IS GARBAGE SO MANY BUGS LLOLOLOOL WILL BE F2P IN 12 HOURS LOLOOLOL".

I've played almost every major MMO since 2000 and this was easily the smoothest launch I've ever been through.  An example of a worse launch was say, Darkfall Online.  For one, you couldn't even buy the game because their hosting server crashed.  If you actually managed to buy the game, you were stuck inside a meat pile of bodies for upwards of a week, all-the-while getting half a frame per second.  Then, 3 years later... Darkfall Unholy Wars launched with a persistence bug that deleted all the items in your bank!  They had to keep the game in beta for TWO MONTHS in order to fix this bug.

Honestly, some of the threads and posts on this forum make me scared for the future of man-kind.

• gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136

Great news,hope my physical edition arrives tomorrow.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Good on them for giving players 2 extra days before they have to pay/start their 30-day free subscription.  This applies to anybody with any early access, it's a good will gesture for the downtime early access players experienced.

This is a good thing no matter how naysayers or glass half-empty players spin it.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by Mardy

Good on them for giving players 2 extra days before they have to pay/start their 30-day free subscription.  This applies to anybody with any early access, it's a good will gesture for the downtime early access players experienced.

This is a good thing no matter how naysayers or glass half-empty players spin it.

It's actually a 2 day grace period to enter your game codes. Not 2 extra days of early access. This is for people who bought a physical copy and haven't received it yet.

The title of this thread is misleading and makes me think the their is reading comprehension problem on the part of the OP.

• RosenthorneRosenthorne Member UncommonPosts: 94

Have experienced my smoothest launch in my gaming history of 20 years.

Just received my keys from GMG and will enter them on Sunday, so I will be getting 2 extra free days on my DIGITAL account. I will then definitely signing up for a 6 month sub.

NOTHING else on the market today comes close (for me)to the gaming experience ESO offers.

Originally posted by Damedius

It's actually a 2 day grace period to enter your game codes. Not 2 extra days of early access. This is for people who bought a physical copy and haven't received it yet.

The title of this thread is misleading and makes me think the their is reading comprehension problem on the part of the OP.

Well I guess you're a glass half-empty kinda person, noted.

The 2 extra early access days apply to all who's got early access, not just those that bought a physical copy.

Originally posted by Rosenthorne

Have experienced my smoothest launch in my gaming history of 20 years.

Just received my keys from GMG and will enter them on Sunday, so I will be getting 2 extra free days on my DIGITAL account. I will then definitely signing up for a 6 month sub.

NOTHING else on the market today comes close (for me)to the gaming experience ESO offers.

Well to the person who said 99% stop pulling numbers from no where. There are alot of people having problems, from the launcher deleting their files, to quests not working, to people randomly logging into others accounts.

I wish I had your luck with a smooth launch:( Ill give you the part of nothing on the market today comes close, to what ESO offers.

The 2 extra early access days apply to all who's got early access, not just those that bought a physical copy.

Did they delay launch an extra 2 days?

If they didn't then it's not early access any more, is it?

If they did, they sure arent saying so on their page. But who knows.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Mardy Good on them for giving players 2 extra days before they have to pay/start their 30-day free subscription.  This applies to anybody with any early access, it's a good will gesture for the downtime early access players experienced.   This is a good thing no matter how naysayers or glass half-empty players spin it.

you are very incorrect.

"for customers eligible for early access, please note that we have extended the early access period until Sunday, april 6th at 8 AM EDT/ 12 PM GMT"

reading comprehension problem you say?

The real question is why they launched the game a day early? lol
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Well I guess you're a glass half-empty kinda person, noted.   The 2 extra early access days apply to all who's got early access, not just those that bought a physical copy.

yep its launch and i am still playing the game without a subscription because they extended early access.

i don't have to sign up until Sunday because they extended it.

seriously, it's not fucking brain surgery.

Originally posted by baphamet

"for customers eligible for early access, please note that we have extended the early access period until Sunday, april 6th at 8 AM EDT/ 12 PM GMT"

It's not my fault you have a hard time understanding what early access is. If a game launches, it is, by definition, no longer early access.

I can claim anything. For instance that I'm emperor of the world. That doesn't make it so.

It's not brain surgery bro. ;)

• NephelaiNephelai Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by venats

-Rig

Quests are bugged out as time goes by, to have done 100+ quests by now would mean you were ahead of the pack in general. Yes, you saw few bugs because you were part of the herd causing the bugs for subsequent players in the first place.

Why cant you people just come out and say you cant afford the game? Not entering your key because of a couple of quest bugs would have to be one of the most ridiculous attempts at an excuse I've seen. I'm L11 and have only come across ONE bugged quest and that being the final step of a side quest not the main story.

"Yes, you saw few bugs because you were part of the herd causing the bugs for subsequent players in the first place" Your brain is broke dude.

yep its launch and i am still playing the game without a subscription because they extended early access.

i don't have to sign up until Sunday because they extended it.

seriously, it's not fucking brain surgery.

+1, the point is that those of us with early access don't have to activate a subscription yet, because they extended early access 2 more days until Sunday.  So I don't have to select a subscription to keep playing the game, unlike others who don't have early access do.  For an example, someone who got the game, didn't pre-order, and have no early access, they would have to enter a subscription plan to play today.

I really don't get why it's so hard for that guy to understand it.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

It's not my fault you have a hard time understanding what early access is. If a game launches, it is, by definition, no longer early access.

I can claim anything. For instance that I'm emperor of the world. That doesn't make it so.

It's not brain surgery bro. ;)

you're essentially arguing the semantics of it all? The point is instead of being billed from the forth on,  you'll be billed from the 6th on.

You get 2 free days. Which basically covers the last two days of down time.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson