Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rollback

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

What is the story of the rollback?

I only get to play in evenings as I work (and also have a life outside of work besides games) and have seen very little disruption to my play. I also logged in this morning and saw no rollback. When did this occur and when?

You stay sassy!

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by uidLuc1d
    Here I am not experiencing any of the bugs.  Then again I spend most of my day at the office and play for an hour or two at night.

I have over 24 hours in game, got to level 13, and had one bug which they fixed with the server shutdown yesterday. A lot of people that dislike other games tend to exaggerate and try a discredit titles for some odd reason. I think it is they are bored because they have nothing of their own to play.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by Xaaz23
    Originally posted by Setzer

Originally posted by Xaaz23  Response time from ZOS is also disgusting. Regretting every bit of this purchase. Good thing I have Wildstar beta to play this weekend and for good at the end of May. This game is a terrible mess of broken quests and broken zones.

ZOS_JessicaFolsom Administrator, Moderator Thank you for the reports, everyone. We're tracking down this issue and will get it fixed as soon as possible.

Yep, disgusting response from Zenimax.

Seems to me they're working to resolve the issue. Anyways, enjoy your time in WildStar, I'm sure you won't encounter any bugs.

That response is TWO DAYS after it was reported. Yes, white knight, that's disgusting.

Bugs are bugs, clown. People can deal with bugs. What I don't deal with is lost time. Rollbacks are not bugs, they are game breaking issues. I'm sure the threads above could use a white knight of your stature. Head on over there.

Dude, get off your high horse...

The friggen game just came out, I mean did you really expect everything to be perfect what launch ever is?

If you don't like it, don't play simple as that... I'm sure zenimax is sitting in a room right now conspiring on how they can ruin there game by rolling people back every 5-10 minutes *rollseyes*

I mean shit, give em a chance to fix it......

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Originally posted by Horusra

Originally posted by Righteous_Rock
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Azmodeus
    Originally posted by Hrotha
    #Greenshade Lovely isn't it?

Isn't it lovely that people can look at your post history and see your true agenda here.  

1   You had no intention of paying to play this game past the first free month.

2   You claim Wildstar to be the second coming of Christ.

3   3 days ago you claimed that you got your money back from Green Man Gaming on your pre order.

Oh how lovely it is, these kind of posts are just complete and utter nonsense, just please move on.

obviously trolled - I have to admit though - job well done - it's great entertainment for those of us who hate this game and want it to fail hard. It's already making history with the lack of security. It's all going to be over in a few weeks but in the meantime for you eso haters this is your time to sit back and laugh and the nice thing is you can log into other people's accounts even without a valid key.

Why would you "hate a game and want it to fail hard"?

Cause they are sad angry people that can not seem to develop a market base to support a AAA developer to make a game to their standards.

AAA gets held to a higher standard. We only get a handful of AAA titles - that's a small handful of chances we are getting something special, when it falls short, you can bet there are going to be some disappointed people that are going to express their opinions and wish failure so the next developer catches the drift. Otherwise we will just get more broken crappy games like eso, then there is the greedy agressive business model they have, thats an EA driven force though and everyone already knows about them.

Greedy business model....well I am out.  That is my buzz word that you should be at protest somewhere living in a tent.  

Your disagreement is evidence that I could sell you anything for any price - recognizing a greedy business model has nothing to do with living in a tent - only a classist would think so. Pull you nose down so you can smell the roses.
  • Fist time in my life after 10+ years of playing mmos just like the most of you in this community, I requested a refund. I have been in tons of betas and experienced roll backs, time after time, after time. I understand bugs, I am not a develeper, I am a gamer. Sure, they try. But you do not launch a game, or give a headstart even with this kind of problems. Even if you give me a month of free gaming (like some other company have done before) it will be not enough to convince me anymore. A shame, since this game did have the smoothest (talking about users log in and loading times at start) launch I have seen in a long long time. Good luck to the people who will stay, have fun and sorry for ranting. I guess my patience died because I expect so much more.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Here I am not experiencing any of the bugs.  Then again I spend most of my day at the office and play for an hour or two at night.

I have over 24 hours in game, got to level 13, and had one bug which they fixed with the server shutdown yesterday. A lot of people that dislike other games tend to exaggerate and try a discredit titles for some odd reason. I think it is they are bored because they have nothing of their own to play.

I agree I have a level 14 a level 8 and a level 9 all ebonheart pact and the only bug I got was on the quest line to trap balreath or whatever its name is. I dont even think I got more than one or two lag spikes this entire head start. Im sure there is issues and people are being honest but reading half these guys posts it really makes me believe half of this garbage is made up and trolling only. Not sure why people are posting this sort of thing here when Zen doesnt even watch these forums and have their own official ones...Anyways game is down for 4 hours now getting ready for launch so hopefully the rollbacks are done and fixed.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Anyone that believes this...lol...its not true.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Azmodeus

#Greenshade

Lovely isn't it?

Isn't it lovely that people can look at your post history and see your true agenda here.  

1   You had no intention of paying to play this game past the first free month.

2   You claim Wildstar to be the second coming of Christ.

3   3 days ago you claimed that you got your money back from Green Man Gaming on your pre order.

Oh how lovely it is, these kind of posts are just complete and utter nonsense, just please move on.

obviously trolled - I have to admit though - job well done - it's great entertainment for those of us who hate this game and want it to fail hard. It's already making history with the lack of security. It's all going to be over in a few weeks but in the meantime for you eso haters this is your time to sit back and laugh and the nice thing is you can log into other people's accounts even without a valid key.

Why would you "hate a game and want it to fail hard"?

Cause they are sad angry people that can not seem to develop a market base to support a AAA developer to make a game to their standards.

AAA gets held to a higher standard. We only get a handful of AAA titles - that's a small handful of chances we are getting something special, when it falls short, you can bet there are going to be some disappointed people that are going to express their opinions and wish failure so the next developer catches the drift. Otherwise we will just get more broken crappy games like eso, then there is the greedy agressive business model they have, thats an EA driven force though and everyone already knows about them.

You keep spouting nonsense about EA in every thread when EA has nothing to do with the game. The game was developed by Zenimax, published by Bethesda Softworks. EA is not involved. Not to mention the various other bits of information you keep making up along the way. You must be buddies with Dren.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Those who pre-ordered for maximum early access should know what it means at launch. I you didn't expect some rough patches you shouldn't have pre-ordered.

Many here have toons in the teens and even level 20-30+ BEFORE the game even officially launched and they STILL complain while others are waiting to even log in the game ... and you still haven't paid for a sub or entered the sub period.

You stay sassy!

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Sorry but zero rollbacks for this little nightblade....
    5 days early acces and never lost any progression.

Can we have your stuff ?

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

#Greenshade

Lovely isn't it?

Positive side: now you grind twice as fast as you know how to do it better.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741

Some people have lost about 30% of the early access time they pre-ordered for, and people think that is ok? I expect much better when a game charges a full box price and a sub. 

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Tygranir

Some people have lost about 30% of the early access time they paid extra for, and people think that is ok? I expect much better when a game charges a full box price and a sub. 

You didn't pay for early access. It was included with the game pre-purchase, which launches 4/4/14.

EDIT: Grats on post 666 image

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by cronius77
    Originally posted by Amjoco

I agree I have a level 14 a level 8 and a level 9 all ebonheart pact and the only bug I got was on the quest line to trap balreath or whatever its name is. I dont even think I got more than one or two lag spikes this entire head start. Im sure there is issues and people are being honest but reading half these guys posts it really makes me believe half of this garbage is made up and trolling only. Not sure why people are posting this sort of thing here when Zen doesnt even watch these forums and have their own official ones...Anyways game is down for 4 hours now getting ready for launch so hopefully the rollbacks are done and fixed.

Similar here. 30+ hours in, experienced 1 bugged quest which was fixed by restarting. Couple minor lag spikes, possibly even due to my ISP. Been pretty much smooth sailing for me. Only unfortunate thing has been both the extended downtime yesterday occurring during my main play time, and then finally getting on today after taking care of some errands and only getting about an hour in before this current downtime. Oh well, just means ill head to sleep early and make up for that same lost time tonight.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

What sense does this make when the game you want is releasing soon? None...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Some people have lost about 30% of the early access time they paid extra for, and people think that is ok? I expect much better when a game charges a full box price and a sub. 

I don't think it's "okay", crappy for them is the thought that comes to mind. However at the same time I feel if it was necessary it was necessary, there's not much I can do for them accept say.. I didn't give Zenimax any money yet. SO I am not supporting them in this.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• venatsvenats Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

You didn't pay for early access. It was included with the game pre-purchase, which launches 4/4/14.

You do actually pay for it but more in faith than in cash. Its an incentive put forth by developers to encourage pre-orders. People are often buying pre-orders on this basis. If there weren't bonuses, many wouldn't be to too keen on pre-ordering and would wait for reviews. If you don't get what you paid for/expected, then you have a right to be cross.

Though by the looks of it, the number of people who pre-ordered or even bought the game is low.

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741

Fair enough, I have corrected my post.

And thanks :)

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Odd neither me or the 3 I play with have had this problem
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

Early access was the lipstick on the pig. I suspect it made a big difference in someone who pre ordered or didnt. Just like the Imperial race made a large impact on whether some spent 60 or 80 bux.

• venatsvenats Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Keushpuppy
    Odd neither me or the 3 I play with have had this problem

Of the five I am playing with, one of them has had this happen repeatedly. The others and myself have avoided it entirely (though my bank got wiped, but it was mostly empty).

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234

What sense does this make when the game you want is releasing soon? None...

While I like Wildstar, it's not the game I want. I am looking for more innovative games. Wildstar is good but I have been there and done that, I doubt I will buy it either. It would be nice is AAA would throw some money towards innovative ideas, but as long as people spend money on the same old song and dance, then this is what we get.
  • ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Ok so I am playing and this happen twice.. the game quits saying "unknown error" I get back on and the Island I was on I am not anymore. ROLLBACK.

So I log in to my other toon and its right where I left it same with my friend. No rollback..duh was not playing that toon.

Ok lets come back from la la land.  Just because you were not online when it happened .. so what.

Now the CLIENT we were playing is not going to some how change over night on the 4th. You wont download some 20gb new client. This was not stress test or beta. We got to play 3-5 days early. Come 4th the doors open to all. Still going to have bugs still going to get some kind of roll backs now and again.

Now my roll backs were on the EU server yet my friend on US was down allot and didnt have one. Yet he could have just not been on at the time.

• Originally posted by Zeblade

Ok so I am playing and this happen twice.. the game quits saying "unknown error" I get back on and the Island I was on I am not anymore. ROLLBACK.

So I log in to my other toon and its right where I left it same with my friend. No rollback..duh was not playing that toon.

Ok lets come back from la la land.  Just because you were not online when it happened .. so what.

Now the CLIENT we were playing is not going to some how change over night on the 4th. You wont download some 20gb new client. This was not stress test or beta. We got to play 3-5 days early. Come 4th the doors open to all. Still going to have bugs still going to get some kind of roll backs now and again.

Now my roll backs were on the EU server yet my friend on US was down allot and didnt have one. Yet he could have just not been on at the time.

Ahh, I think some of you are confusing what a Rollback actually is..

A Rollback would be say you picking up a book, looking through the quest then it crashing, and you appearing before you picked up the book.

What you're describing is not how it actually works in ESO, It'll put you back to usually its last saved location..But anything you actually did up until that point (Say picking up that book) still counts...

But anyway, I'm level 33....i've only ran into 2 Bugged Quests....

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by gervaise1
    Lauching games with bugs....yeah skyrim had how many patches to fix....modders had to fix some....how many patches for most computer games? Software is not like a car...they are always works in progress. Always being improved and fixed. Some bugs can not be seen time X happens and that might not happen for years.

Doesn't matter whether it is a car or some software - there is no fundamental difference. And the car could be the harder to test. The design process is the same for both - different tools, different techniques for sure but fundamentally the same. Example: 

Sorry the plane crashed but:

• the air traffic control software is new and still has a few bugs in
    • or the lithium battery caught fire - its new technology.
    And - needless to say - a lot of testing goes into ensuring that there are no crashes.

Yes problems happen - from many companies.  And if the issue is "trivial" we should put it in perspective, stay calm and chill. We mustn't excuse it though - that is the wrong answer. Only by making ones irritation clear will companies get the message that bugs are not acceptable; they might be forgiven but are not acceptable..

Old story - from my mental archives - back when the USSR had broken up and economic advisors were trying to change things.  Question to Russian "class" : what do you do if you buy a radio and it turns out to be defective / broken. Their answer: sell it on as quickly as possible.  The concept of returning it was alien.

The design process is NOT the same between a car and a piece of software and it shows a massive knowledge gap that you even make that claim. A car is mechanical. Here's an example, a car is constructed with a LOT of "known" environments. Engineers need to construct them to operate on 1) Pavement and 2) Concrete. What happens if you drive it on a road of nails? What happens if you drive it on a road that's, quite literally, full of pot holes? What happens if you drive it on ice? What happens if you drive it down a mountain? Why though? Why can't we drive it down a mountain without it turning into a heaping ball of flames and death? It's not designed for that. 

Software, on the other hand, needs to account for a myriad of environments. Different version of processors, different numbers of processors, different graphics cards, different input devices, different operating systems and any combination thereof. Quite LITERALLY, you are looking at MILLIONS of different system combinations. In a car you have 1. 

Please don't talk about things that you have absolutely no clue about. First of all, you look like a fool when you do. Secondly, you insult people who actually do it for a living. If you believe that more testing or more development time is going to make this sort of issue go away, you're extremely naive. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------