Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rollback

HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

#Greenshade

Lovely isn't it?

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    How far back?
  • Xaaz23Xaaz23 Member UncommonPosts: 24

Absolutely disgusting.

2+ days this has been going on. Anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes. All progress lost unless you continually log off after each step of a quest to save progress. Response time from ZOS is also disgusting. Regretting every bit of this purchase. Good thing I have Wildstar beta to play this weekend and for good at the end of May. This game is a terrible mess of broken quests and broken zones.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    The rollbacks have been happening for 2 days? I haven't been rolled back, I thought there was just one megaserver.
  • Xaaz23Xaaz23 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by Rusque
    The rollbacks have been happening for 2 days? I haven't been rolled back, I thought there was just one megaserver.

Yes, the rollbacks have been happening in Greenshade zone since before the 12 hour downtime.

Some fun reading on the issue:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66284/greenshade-once-again-kicking-you-out-of-game-and-rolling-back-progress-every-5-10-minutes

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/65779/greenshade-rollback-issues-for-everyone-in-the-zone

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/65733/zos-you-need-to-address-these-issues

Keep in mind, these are not all posted within the same small timeframe. These issues are ongoing and it' broken. The game needs a lot of fixing.

It's visuals are gorgeous, but sadly that alone won't keep players around. Broken quests in all zones is getting frustrating but losing progress repeatedly when you can get them to work is infuriating.

Mega server is not one hugh server.....it is multiple severs handling different parts of the game, but working together.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Heard someone in /zone chat today that his 4 characters (all around lv8) were gone. Perhaps he was victim of the rollback as well?
  • SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by Xaaz23  Response time from ZOS is also disgusting. Regretting every bit of this purchase. Good thing I have Wildstar beta to play this weekend and for good at the end of May. This game is a terrible mess of broken quests and broken zones.

ZOS_JessicaFolsom Administrator, Moderator Thank you for the reports, everyone. We're tracking down this issue and will get it fixed as soon as possible.

Yep, disgusting response from Zenimax.

Seems to me they're working to resolve the issue. Anyways, enjoy your time in WildStar, I'm sure you won't encounter any bugs.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Xaaz23
    Originally posted by Setzer

Originally posted by Xaaz23  Response time from ZOS is also disgusting. Regretting every bit of this purchase. Good thing I have Wildstar beta to play this weekend and for good at the end of May. This game is a terrible mess of broken quests and broken zones.

ZOS_JessicaFolsom Administrator, Moderator Thank you for the reports, everyone. We're tracking down this issue and will get it fixed as soon as possible.

Seems to me they're working to resolve the issue. Anyways, enjoy your time in WildStar, I'm sure you won't encounter any bugs.

That response is TWO DAYS after it was reported. Yes, white knight, that's disgusting.

Bugs are bugs, clown. People can deal with bugs. What I don't deal with is lost time. Rollbacks are not bugs, they are game breaking issues. I'm sure the threads above could use a white knight of your stature. Head on over there.

The rollback is in regard to the "bug" is it not? It's disgusting to take two days or more to fix something? I get that you want to play with little issue, but sometimes things move slower than we like. It's launch they have many problems, you can't really expect them all to be fixed in a matter of a few days.

Why not avoid the problem area, roll an alt or something?

Oh and lets call people names because they don't agree with us, that's the mature thing to do.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

That response is TWO DAYS after it was reported. Yes, white knight, that's disgusting.

Bugs are bugs, clown. People can deal with bugs. What I don't deal with is lost time. Rollbacks are not bugs, they are game breaking issues. I'm sure the threads above could use a white knight of your stature. Head on over there.

So what are they supposed to do Einstein then take entire servers down and shut the game down because a zone is having issues? What if they havent been able to figure out a fix yet? You people and your knee jerk reactions know nothing about how video games are made and have zero patience for anything at all.  People are not white knights because they have much more patience than yourself and do not bash a game based solely on post launch bugs and server issues. This game has had a smooth launch regardless of what you have to say here. Ive been through MANY and I mean MANY launches for games and this one is one of the smoothest. If you are seriously that impatient about fixing bugs and issues wait a month and come back or better yet go do the wildstar launch and have fun bashing that game as well on their launch date and weeks to follow as ALL games have some sort of issues at launch when you let hundreds of thousands of players log in all at once.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

What a clusterfuck! Between this, 12h downtimes, dupes and the famous login into other peoples accounts bug i am surely glad i did not give them any money and they wont get any in the future either.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by cronius77

So what are they supposed to do Einstein then take entire servers down and shut the game down because a zone is having issues? What if they havent been able to figure out a fix yet? You people and your knee jerk reactions know nothing about how video games are made and have zero patience for anything at all.  People are not white knights because they have much more patience than yourself and do not bash a game based solely on post launch bugs and server issues. This game has had a smooth launch regardless of what you have to say here. Ive been through MANY and I mean MANY launches for games and this one is one of the smoothest. If you are seriously that impatient about fixing bugs and issues wait a month and come back or better yet go do the wildstar launch and have fun bashing that game as well on their launch date and weeks to follow as ALL games have some sort of issues at launch when you let hundreds of thousands of players log in all at once.

Wrong response, companies should not be launching games with bugs. I don't buy a new car and expect it to constantly break down over the first month with the manufacturers saying 'oh, we are just fixing a few bugs'. Game developers and producers need to stop using customers who have bought the game as beta testers, this should all be done before launch.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Its kinda amusing that megaservers are supposed to stop this sort of thing lol. :)

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by mbd1968

Wrong response, companies should not be launching games with bugs. I don't buy a new car and expect it to constantly break down over the first month with the manufacturers saying 'oh, we are just fixing a few bugs'. Game developers and producers need to stop using customers who have bought the game as beta testers, this should all be done before launch.

Problem is most of these bugs didn't crop up until now. I saw none of or heard nothing of most of this stuff during beta. Comparing cars to software is ridiculous btw.

Lauching games with bugs....yeah skyrim had how many patches to fix....modders had to fix some....how many patches for most computer games? Software is not like a car...they are always works in progress. Always being improved and fixed. Some bugs can not be seen time X happens and that might not happen for years.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Weird.. guess i'm just lucky, but I haven't had any issues at all. 
    Originally posted by Nitth

Its kinda amusing that megaservers are supposed to stop this sort of thing lol. :)

Not sure what you mean? How are mega servers supposed to stop the need of a rollback?

I expect software to be at 90% or better functionality. Then I expect the designers to work the fixes or make changes to get us closer to 100% over time.
    Originally posted by Horusra
    Lauching games with bugs....yeah skyrim had how many patches to fix....modders had to fix some....how many patches for most computer games? Software is not like a car...they are always works in progress. Always being improved and fixed. Some bugs can not be seen time X happens and that might not happen for years.

SKyrim worked awesome on PS3 it even had an internal clock that decided when your playthrough was over. Nifty little feature I must say.

• HonosHonos Member Posts: 93
    Been playing since Sunday morning and haven't experienced any rollbacks.  I'm not saying they haven't happened, just much not be that common since no one in my 100+ person guild. 

Past: EQ, EQ2, DAoC, SWG, WoW, LotR, VG, WAR, GW, GW2, Rift
    Present: The Elder Scrolls Online
    Future: Everquest Next

• Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by mbd1968
    Originally posted by cronius77

Your first sentence shows that you have zero experience with coding and software development period.   Do you freak out every time Microsoft releases a new OS?   If not you should be because even they can't release software without bugs.  Keep dreaming though maybe one day you won't have these. Ought ares and the world will work as you think it should.

You are compairing a game optimized for a single static platform with a pc version?
    Originally posted by Horusra
    You are compairing a game optimized for a single static platform with a pc version?

If you're talking to me, I take it you never heard about the Skyrim PS3 versions issues? IT was completely broken for months, like doesn't work broken, essentially when your save got too big the entire game became fubar.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    And now the rollback has expanded even greater circles. I didnt get a rollback further in into Greenshade for over half an hour and then all a sudden..

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Nitth Its kinda amusing that megaservers are supposed to stop this sort of thing lol. :)
    Not sure what you mean? How are mega servers supposed to stop the need of a rollback?

ZoE mentioned that having megaservers will alleviate launch day issues of the past.
    Seems not to be the case.

As for roll backs, Servers seem to work ok during the beta stress tests which would lead us to assume its something to do with the server load. One of the Features of a "megaserver" cluster is to distribute the load by creating new virtual servers?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by mcrippins
    Weird.. guess i'm just lucky, but I haven't had any issues at all. 

yeah,me either. You have to consider that 90% + of the posts on this site are just trolls and shills either buffing the game up or trying to tear it down. I would not ever take anything I read here seriously either positive or negative. These forums stopped being a source of reliable info ten years ago

I miss DAoC