Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: First Expansion Moves 2.7M Copies in Its First Week

2»

Comments

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by Purutzil

While the improvements are nice, they are things that they owe the players of D3 before who had to deal with a rather weak (and very expensive compared to its stronger comepitors). I'm having fun though I can't help but feel the price for it was a lot higher then it should of been. They didn't add that much at all, just gameplay fixing up (again stuff that players SHOULD get for a game that needed it badly) its not exactly full of content for an expansion, and unlike an MMo that gets more as it goes, D3 isn't likely to have more added. $40 is a lot for an expansion that other games might just consider to be 1 or 2 DLCs patched together.

Yeah, I think the new stuff looks good too. Like you I feel like a lot of it (Adventure mode, better looting, etc) was stuff that should have been in from the start. I feel like I paid $60 for the beta and now they want $40 for the rest. I'll get it eventually I guess, but I will wait to catch it on sale or something.

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    Originally posted by Redcor
    2.7M people have stated its OK to sell us an unfinished game then charge $40 each to fix it.  Grease up folks we are going to see allot more "alpha" games releasing with "dlc" fixes rolling out for a fee. Bravo

Except for this is just ignorance. The game itself was polished as hell when it launched and it had no major issues other than the RMAH and the loot system that wasn't keeping players attention for long enough. If you consider this an "alpha" fix to make it launch ready then I want you to develop every single game I play from now on.

What are you talking about? The game suffered from massive exploits and terrible balance that was so bad that anyone could tell the content had not been tested.  Just for the sake of argument if it was tested and that's a big if, it was tested with twinked out characters that had perfect gear which would also explain the shit class balance. Oh and almost forgot they launched the game knowing there was a problem where w7 64bit users couldn't install the game. The most amazing part is how little you know yet have the audacity to call others ignorant .

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    There's a difference between poor design choices (ah) and a poorly implemented product. To say diablo was not tested is silly. There was issues at the start, but no worse or less than any other game that opened its doors to millions of concurrent users (there's not many games that can handle that.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• RigurRigur Member Posts: 53
    Diablo 3 sold 3.5m in its first 24 hours and 12m in a year. At least a lot of people stuck by their word and didn't come back to a game that is (IMO) Diablo in name only.

The first MMO you loved will always be the best. You will never get that feeling back stop trying.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

Personally I can't get beyond the $40 for an expansion.  I can wait for awhile for it to come down in price then play If I want to still at a later date.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Slightly better than expected considering how little they really added.  I'm definitely interested in seeing what they implement with ladders, but what's in the game now is of no interest.