Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch Notes RVR Quest

noluknoluk Member UncommonPosts: 22
  I have not complained much but this one has me baffled.  RVR was such a huge focus on the game and now they moved the kill 20 players to a DAILY quest?  This was the only thing that would allow your character to advance in RVR with any sort of xp at all.  I am now baffled.  Did all the pvp focused guys get fired and a new producer take over who wrote the quest lines?  It is obvious that people can level quickly anyway so why limit the number of ways people can gain xp.  Once we are a paying customer we should be available to play in multiple ways.

Comments

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    If it wasn't being exploited, it was easy to exploit. Making it a repeatable rather than a daily means that you could easily farm up faction points killing alts. Might be how the emperor was crowned already. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303

I don't mind them making it a daily quest. It was a little too easy to farm 1,000 AP that way and buy gear. However, in response to that, I would like to see either the XP reward for the quest go up, or the XP for killing players go up, or both.

Originally posted by xpiher
    If it wasn't being exploited, it was easy to exploit. Making it a repeatable rather than a daily means that you could easily farm up faction points killing alts. Might be how the emperor was crowned already. 

That's a damn good point I hadn't thought of. There were reports that multiple guilds worked together to help crown that person, if they all rolled alts and "Took one to the knee" for her, that would certainly explain how fast the Emperor was crowned.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213
    They should be dailies.  It's how it is, anything good, will get exploited by the few.  Thus they get ruined for the majority.  If people had the balls anymore, we would beat up the few that are ruining these things for everybody.  But alas, we're just digital warriors these days, nothing ever happens to people that exploit & hack.  So things have to be harder for legit players because the few that chose to spend their time in beta finding out exploits & bugs to use.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

Originally posted by Arndush
    I don't mind them making it a daily quest. It was a little too easy to farm 1,000 AP that way and buy gear. However, in response to that, I would like to see either the XP reward for the quest go up, or the XP for killing players go up, or both.

Anything that can be easily exploited by players will be exploited by players. Exp and points for kills on players should remain low, while exp and alliance point should go up for completing activities. This makes it difficult to grind out rep killing players, makes it take longer/impossible to level off of just killing players (and therefore nearly pointless to exploit) while reducing the time it takes for "normal" players to achieve their goals. This is a win-win for everyone. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by Arndush

Anything that can be easily exploited by players will be exploited by players. Exp and points for kills on players should remain low, while exp and alliance point should go up for completing activities. This makes it difficult to grind out rep killing players, makes it take longer/impossible to level off of just killing players (and therefore nearly pointless to exploit) while reducing the time it takes for "normal" players to achieve their goals. This is a win-win for everyone. 

I can live with that. You've obviously thought this through more than I have. I do hope you provide that feedback to the dev team. In the long run, as long as PvP is viable for leveling, I'm happy.

• noluknoluk Member UncommonPosts: 22

I cannot for the life of me think how you can exploit killing players for xp.  Currently you get almost nothing for killing a player.  I spent a night RVRing and went from 15 to 16 in 5 hours.  In that same period I went from 300 something to number 31 on the alliance leaderboards since my raid group was very active.  I completed the kill 20 players maybe 10-14 times to gain the level.  Net results is I was able to buy siege engines of which most were captured or destroyed.  I did get a bunch of green gear that I mostly sold or destroyed. 

For the 5 hours invested, could I have gained more xp questing.  Without a doubt.

For the 5 hours invested could I have gained more gold questing.  Most likely or very close.  (RVR has no repair costs) 

I cannot imagine a scenario where you can get 20 friends together and have them all run across cyrodil so that you can kill them each 10 times (with them repeating the run since unless they are 50 they can't use a grand soulstone to res in place and even running form the closest keep would be a pain after the 10th time) to possibly gain enough xp to gain a level.  Turning in the quest each time is also time consuming and requires you to run around from a safe keep.

TLDR it is not a faster easier way to level in any way, shape or form.  It may have needed a gold or AP reduction but not a nerf to the only current reward you can get from rvring.

Originally posted by noluk

I cannot for the life of me think how you can exploit killing players for xp.  

Its really not that hard. You act like you have to travel the map with the players who are being killed. And it wasn't about the exp, it was about the alliance points that you get for repeately killing players. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

While i would much rather level in RvR, i will just treat this game like old school DAoC and figure i need to hit 50 first then go enjoy RvR.

At least by then i will know my toon well enough to know what my skills do.

Lolipops !