Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And its down again...

12346»

Comments

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

most of you must be SO glad right now that you bought all the extra's and the early access right?? hehe sorry could not hold myself.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by oubers

most of you must be SO glad right now that you bought all the extra's and the early access right?? hehe sorry could not hold myself.

I know I am. Glad to have bought all the extras and stuff. Love the game so far.

The downtime is to be expected. I know I id. I hate it, but I knew goin in that it was goin to be rough.

Actually, it hasnt been as bad as some other launches. :)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

remember Swtor's 8 hour long maintenaces? and it was also their first time dealing with na mmo.

...wait, apparently this already went beyond that.

/Sigh

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I am not so unforgiving as some. I am always willing to accept things can be unexpected. That doesn't make it better! But I can not "forgive and forget" if a company has such a closed mouthed secrecy about everything. You will have a much harder time finding issues, if you do not communicate with your customers. It was the same in beta. They just had some questionaires and statistics and no real two-sided communication. That shed a dubious light on them as a company. Not to say they are bad, but they just don't understand that making a good game requires above all three things

a) Communication

b) Communication

c) Communication

That doesn't mean blindly doing what your fans say. But talk WITH them, in a serious dialogue on equal level. Not just sending questionaires and "How do you rate X" rubbish. They didn't even allow ANY conversations on their beta forums about the game! Just simply questions asked and immediately locked when answered. It was a bad sign.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by TheOctagon

This why open Betas are GOOD.

Paid Betas are BAD.

There are NEVER enough people to fully test the server load, bugs etc...

except that Zenimax basically had an open beta when they used MMO media sites to had out over 500k beta keys. 

I was going to say the same thing. This site even had like over 200k keys no one ever claimed. So anyone who wanted to play, was able to play.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    People QQ about bugs and such.  They take down the servers to fix all these problems and people QQ more...what are we 3 year olds?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    People QQ about bugs and such.  They take down the servers to fix all these problems and people QQ more...what are we 3 year olds?

No, we are addicts.  You can't keep us from our MMORPG fix, we'll pitch a fit. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by Elikal

I am not so unforgiving as some. I am always willing to accept things can be unexpected. That doesn't make it better! But I can not "forgive and forget" if a company has such a closed mouthed secrecy about everything. You will have a much harder time finding issues, if you do not communicate with your customers. It was the same in beta. They just had some questionaires and statistics and no real two-sided communication. That shed a dubious light on them as a company. Not to say they are bad, but they just don't understand that making a good game requires above all three things

a) Communication

b) Communication

c) Communication

That doesn't mean blindly doing what your fans say. But talk WITH them, in a serious dialogue on equal level. Not just sending questionaires and "How do you rate X" rubbish. They didn't even allow ANY conversations on their beta forums about the game! Just simply questions asked and immediately locked when answered. It was a bad sign.

They post in there own Forums, on Reddit, on Facebook. Even on these forums....

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    Well its now going on noon EDT time so they are now going past their "We will have servers back up this morning EDT" message.  I don't mind the downtime just wish some more info or an update since we are now moving shortly into after noon with no update since 7:55am this morning.
  • MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213
    Originally posted by oubers

aww how cute... But yes, am glad I did play the game with my 5 day early access.  Had TONS of fun, made many characters, and I played a solid 12 hours yesterday before the server went down.  Before ESO I was playing GW2 100% of my time.  Since early access, GW2 20%, ESO 80%.  I for one can't wait for the servers to be up again, because I'd rather be playing ESO than GW2 at the moment.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Gravarg

No, we are addicts.  You can't keep us from our MMORPG fix, we'll pitch a fit. image

*Pictures people outside Zenimax Studios like Dave Chappelle's crack addict*

• Yoda_CloneYoda_Clone Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Elikal

<--SNIP-->

It's the difference between developers, proud of their product, asking opinions and marketers, MBA's only concerned about short term profits, asking questions.

Good developers ask, "How can we make a better product?"

Marketers and MBA's ask, "How can we sell more (irrespective of whether or not the product is any good)?"

When you see lots of shills in the various gaming forums, lots of hype instead of substance in advertisements, lots of tap dancing around issues in on-line chats with developers, Beta testing used primarily as a marketing tool (selecting primarily members of large gaming guilds to be testers), and grand claims of miracle fixes to problems discovered in Beta -- when anyone who has been a coder/developer knows "miracle fixes" don't occur in a day or two -- then you know it's the marketers in charge.

When's the last time you saw an honest advertisement on TV?

"But wait!  Call right now and you can get two for the price of one!  Just pay extra shipping and handling..."

Just for shits and grins, call one of those numbers sometime (only don't give them your credit card number) and tell them you only want one of whatever it is... you'll find the "extra" shipping and handling is really just extra profit...  Items are prepacked in groups of two.

"Do you breathe in and out?  That may be a symptom of diverticgasbloatingheartpalpitanalpain!  Tell your doctor you want the new neverbeenproperlytested drug right now.  Caveats follow (spoken too fast for you to understand and printed in such a small font that it is unreadable, and only on screen for a fraction of a second):  Do not use if you ever drink water or eat food.  Some patients experienced hormonal imbalances to the point of sex gender changes.  May cause shear stupidity if you're gullible enough to want this drug.  May kill you in rare cases, like 3 out of every four, but we don't care because we'll make lots of money off of you..."

Uh huh...

"Do you want to beat the IRS?  Do you want to defraud the Social Security Administration?  Do you want to collect payments for a disability you don't have?  Can you spell asbestos?  Call the number on your screen right now!"

Um, yeah...

Do you think advertising (and so-called reviews) on MMORPG.com are any different?

Anyway, why should we expect game companies to be any different?  It's unfortunate that marketing has turned to lies and misrepresentation of products to make sales, but that's the world we're in right now.  We all need to take a jaundiced view of the world in this regard.  Never trust an ad... and the more a product is hyped and advertised, the less we should believe it's actually a good product.

And it's not legal to line up MBA's and other marketers against a wall and shoot them.

• OberonGreenHazeOberonGreenHaze Member Posts: 6

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2

this is the latest update on the issue I have heard so far...we've just got to be patient guys...we'll be looking back at this in a few months (if not weeks) and laugh at how this all went down

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by Mpfive
    You can't bloody win, moaning over broken quests, moaning that they are getting fixed, welcome to MMORPG;)

Yeah, this place is a bitch fest at every little thing. 

• Bearsky101Bearsky101 Member Posts: 2
    Servers are up@@!