Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And its down again...

Comments

• mogilny89mogilny89 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Yes you sound really convincing.  You are having fun playing the game?  When ? Now?  Having fun with people being 40 levels ahead of you and people logging in and getting other people's characters?  How much you get paid to shill?
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by sgel
    Originally posted by Mardy

They had to take it down.  Some people were logging into their accounts, but had access to other people's characters.  

WHAT?

How the hell do you manage that!?

"Can I have your stuff?"

"oh look!, I've got it  already"........just  posting it to my own account now.....

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

So yeah, continue your "har har I didn't buy this game" speech, while I login later and keep having fun while you play the forum game.  Enjoy!

Not if someone else logs in for you.

(sorry couldn't resist)

..Cake..

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213
    Yeah hacks are gonna ruin GW2, hacks are gonna totally ruin BF4, blah blah blah.  Every game there are always these cries about how hacks are gonna totally destroy the games.  Yet thousands continue to have fun.  I don't endorse hacks, but I accept that they exist in all games online.  Until they are to a point where it's really game breaking and totally ruining my time ingame, and that the company isn't doing anything about it, I'm gonna continue enjoy these games while people on the forums get all melodramatic about it.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by mogilny89

Has nothing to do with a "few bugs".

The entire system is flawed, broken and unstable.

The problems from the beta were just signs to what hacks are running (ruining) this game.  Nothing is fixed its worse, and it hasnt even launched yet.

I would like to still play the game but there is no way I am paying $50 for a broken game that has already been completely compromised by exploits.

What are they going to do? Change the whole system? and they what, the entire server is already corrupt, and constantly unstable.

Whatever they are doing this thing is built like the US economy, it just all smoke and mirrors.

I think you are being way over dramatic. It's a game, not a world changing matter.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Yes you sound really convincing.  You are having fun playing the game?  When ? Now?  Having fun with people being 40 levels ahead of you and people logging in and getting other people's characters?  How much you get paid to shill?

ROFL every single MMO launch, there are always people that reached max within a few days of launch.  Every single one of them.  And every time there are dramatic posters that come on the forums whine about it, as if people still get surprised it happens.  Get real, or rather, get a clue.

I've played MMO's long enough to not get bothered by the small fraction of a % of playerbase that do this in all MMO's.  The overwhelming majority of the playerbase are every day gamers, the "core" gamers that will not be reaching max level in quite a long time, maybe even never.

Now, you can be someone that whines and worries about the min/maxers that find the best way to level and do it within the first week of launch?  or you can be like the majority of the gamers out there, who enjoy themselves, have their circle of friends they play with, and enjoy the games for what they have to offer.  We can already tell where you stand.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

So glad I didnt buy this game.  I will pick it up when its $20 probably, next week.

lol it's honestly your loss, I've been having a blast with my 5 day early access, don't regret it one bit at all.  Some people got max level in a day?  Been there, seen it, done that, happens to all MMO's where a bunch of beta testers spent their whole beta time figuring out the fastest way to level and the best ways to exploit.  Servers going down for patches & updates, before official launch?  Oh yeah, I knew what I signed up to when I got early access.  Surprisingly tonight was the first time I saw downtime, as I wasn't playing during previous downtimes.  So your mileage may vary depending on when you play, how often you play, etc..

So yeah, continue your "har har I didn't buy this game" speech, while I login later and keep having fun while you play the forum game.  Enjoy!

Early access is a gimmick they use to get people to pre-order the game. All the bugs and server stability issues should have been fixed during the massive "closed" beta when MMO newsmedia handed out 100s of 1000s of keys. They weren't. The poster you are replying to has a point, but he does take it to far. Saying the entire game is fundementally flawed because it uses a single game world using instances to handle load is simply false, but it does cause issues that we are seeing.

With that said, people having access to other player's characters on their own account shows that Zenimax's login server is complete SH**.  And the fact that there are multiple ways to dupe items, especially since this is very common occurance in games, is also complete BS and should never have been allowed to happen by a what is suppose to be a AAA team. Both of these instances, combined with the various money grab schemes, proves their priorities were with ramping up box sales and not devlivering a fully operational and quality product. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Yeah hacks are gonna ruin GW2, hacks are gonna totally ruin BF4, blah blah blah.  Every game there are always these cries about how hacks are gonna totally destroy the games.  Yet thousands continue to have fun.  I don't endorse hacks, but I accept that they exist in all games online.  Until they are to a point where it's really game breaking and totally ruining my time ingame, and that the company isn't doing anything about it, I'm gonna continue enjoy these games while people on the forums get all melodramatic about it.

I totally agree. FFXIV ARR was riddled with bots and it's fine. GW2 had the same problem, still has thousands of players. It is all part of game releases and the ironing out process that developers go through.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
     I'm gonna continue enjoy these games while people on the forums get all melodramatic about it.

Second time in two posts that you mention you're going to continue enjoy TESO while other people stay on forums.

You posted this on a forum

a forum

..Cake..

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

So glad I didnt buy this game.  I will pick it up when its $20 probably, next week.

lol it's honestly your loss, I've been having a blast with my 5 day early access, don't regret it one bit at all.  Some people got max level in a day?  Been there, seen it, done that, happens to all MMO's where a bunch of beta testers spent their whole beta time figuring out the fastest way to level and the best ways to exploit.  Servers going down for patches & updates, before official launch?  Oh yeah, I knew what I signed up to when I got early access.  Surprisingly tonight was the first time I saw downtime, as I wasn't playing during previous downtimes.  So your mileage may vary depending on when you play, how often you play, etc..

Well, some of us bought the game, but cannot play anyway - my loss is I both bought the game at full price, and cannot play at all.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

It's amusing watching you spend so much time trolling about ESO. Every post youve made for the past week has been whining about how bad the game is, even down to complaining about the questing style... which is JUST like it was in every TES game before. Have you ever even played any TES games? What exactly were you expecting? They were going to completely change the look and feel and core systems of every aspect of their previous games which this one is based on JUST for the sake of being "unique"?

I'm gonna continue enjoy these games while people on the forums get all melodramatic about it.

Second time in two posts that you mention you're going to continue enjoy TESO while other people stay on forums.

a forum

Just sounds as if he is firm in his beliefs to me. /shrug

a forum

Well TBF, the server is down right now. Same reason Im killing time on here. Think his point is, once servers are back up he will go back to having fun playing the game while people like mogilny will still be here obsessing over a game they clearly dont like instead of actually going and playing something they like.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

Other people have access to your characters ? That sounds really screwed up. How can that happen isn't that a security loophole if people are not even intentionally hacking and manage it. Jeez they need to fix this ASAP.

Overall though they have had good uptime so not a point to grouse about .They have to fix bad problems though so give them a break.

• NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    That's a pity, as I was hoping to log in during a less crowded time. Oh well...
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Yeah. Up for 66.5 hours and down for 1.5 so far... it's a travesty, I tell ya!

If you were in an industry that employed e.g. CSC to provide your servers those type of figures for any length of time would trigger penalties. And TESO is a subscription game.

Other games - are other games, not excuses for TESO. Same standard for them as well.

Obviously they haven't been able to engage the "overflow" servers to allow people to continue playing either.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Come on, I had good fun in the 3 hours before the take down. BUT: We all saw that coming MILES AWAY! Or at least some of us. Tons of NPCs and quest items didn't spawn just 2 weeks before launch! Those are basic things, which ZoS simply didn't have under control!

Yes the optimists hoped as usual, that there was a magical, secret built where all is good and for some reason that overstrained our mere mortal reasoning ZoS let us test a flawed built. But reality was: they let us test a flawed build simply because they HAD no other.

For their sake, I hope they manage it quick. ESO is an exotic flower already, if they top this with a broken build - which we don't know yet either way! - we have a new Vanguard before us. Vanguard had a lot the same stuff going. Trying to be retro again, adding old schoolish hardships, eliminating familiar comforts, vast world, similar graphoic style even. I always felt ESO looks like Vanguard II, at least in terms of world visuals. But too exotic ideas against the mass trend quadrupled with technical issues broke it's neck.

I TRULY hope they have no big tech issues brewing. That would be sad.

On top of it all: I understand a few hours downtime is no biggie. But nowadays with a monthly fee ticking, people see things... different. Here time is money. Literally.

Finally: NOT giving any ETA or what they are doing is just a no go in 2014 communication. Just compare it to how transparent and open SOE communicates with the beta players of Landmarks! It's WORLDS APART.

I am just sick and tired of Zenimax always keeping their secrets and not telling us anything. I am no beta tester. I am DAMN paying customer. I want at least info WHAT is going on and in what time frame we can look to play. That isn't a question of being nice, it's my damn right as paying customer.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Originally posted by Elikal

Come on, I had good fun in the 3 hours before the take down. BUT: We all saw that coming MILES AWAY! Or at least some of us. Tons of NPCs and quest items didn't spawn just 2 weeks before launch! Those are basic things, which ZoS simply didn't have under control!

Yes the optimists hoped as usual, that there was a magical, secret built where all is good and for some reason that overstrained our mere mortal reasoning ZoS let us test a flawed built. But reality was: they let us test a flawed build simply because they HAD no other.

For their sake, I hope they manage it quick. ESO is an exotic flower already, if they top this with a broken build - which we don't know yet either way! - we have a new Vanguard before us. Vanguard had a lot the same stuff going. Trying to be retro again, adding old schoolish hardships, eliminating familiar comforts, vast world, similar graphoic style even. I always felt ESO looks like Vanguard II, at least in terms of world visuals. But too exotic ideas against the mass trend quadrupled with technical issues broke it's neck.

On top of it all: I understand a few hours downtime is no biggie. But nowadays with a monthly fee ticking, people see things... different. Here time is money. Literally.

Finally: NOT giving any ETA or what they are doing is just a no go in 2014 communication. Just compare it to how transparent and open SOE communicates with the beta players of Landmarks! It's WORLDS APART.

I am just sick and tired of Zenimax always keeping their secrets and not telling us anything. I am no beta tester. I am DAMN paying customer. I want at least info WHAT is going on and in what time frame we can look to play. That isn't a question of being nice, it's my damn right as paying customer.

Well, any ETA given (by most companies) is usually a lie anyway. Especially in a situation like this where there was big issue that required they take the server down immediately. It's not like they can post right away that they know exactly what is wrong and how long it will take to fix. For all we know at this point they may not have even pinpointed the cause of the issue yet to even know was broken to begin with, let alone how to fix it or any idea of how long it will take to fix in order to even give an ETA.

Sometimes you just simply can't give a worthwhile ETA when it comes to some issues, especially when it is something server side. Sure someone might estimate it will take 2 hours to fix something, but then new issues come up while trying to fix the problem. You may find implementing a fix impacts other systems and breaks them, so those have to be adjusted now too. Or you may think it is fixed only to bring it up for testing and find it isn't and have to start all over again.

• DroosteelDroosteel Member Posts: 138

Nah, i guess its very amusing to now read all those posts explaining how "it was just a beta client and stress test and closed beta client is MONTHS ahead of beta client and none of these problems from beta will appear at launch because there will be (miracle) patch"

I tell ya, its really amusing. Its ironic that these people also mention that "it happens to every MMO". No it doesnt. And, inevitably fallback to WoW.... from 10 years ago. Its like falling back to Ford T to justify todays new car malfunction.

But yes, we, "haters", have seen it coming.

And oooh, mentioning Vanguard...you JINXED IT! (even more)

So now SOE is the angels of MMORPG genre, I've heard it all.  I do find it ironic and funny you mentioned Vanguard.  By the way, SOE is not good at giving ETA's.  And I know SOE very well having gone through EQ1, EQ2, Vanguard, Planetside 2, etc..

Ok so if I worked all day, and came home late hoping to play ESO, I probably would be raging like some are.  But seeing that I have this week off, and played 12 hours today uninterrupted, I guess my mindset was different when they took the servers down.  To me, it was a "break" and a chance to cook up some dinner.  Sorry to those that want to play but can't, I get that feeling.

I guess I've always looked at patches during the early launch weeks as a good thing.  And no, this game does not compare to Vanguard's technical issues, not even close even if you exaggerate it.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Well, any ETA given (by most companies) is usually a lie anyway. Especially in a situation like this where there was big issue that required they take the server down immediately. It's not like they can post right away that they know exactly what is wrong and how long it will take to fix. For all we know at this point they may not have even pinpointed the cause of the issue yet to even know was broken to begin with, let alone how to fix it or any idea of how long it will take to fix in order to even give an ETA.

Sometimes you just simply can't give a worthwhile ETA when it comes to some issues, especially when it is something server side. Sure someone might estimate it will take 2 hours to fix something, but then new issues come up while trying to fix the problem. You may find implementing a fix impacts other systems and breaks them, so those have to be adjusted now too. Or you may think it is fixed only to bring it up for testing and find it isn't and have to start all over again.

No. It's a necessity! ETA is not some nicety or option in a life, running and monthly fee MMO!

They can estimate. Nobody would blame them for guessing. But just taking it down for hours without ANY word is just a no go for a game we pay. Period. Paragraph.

Again. See how cool SOE handles it. Even if something goes wrong, you can see them speaking about what they do hourly on Twitter, so the players are always on top of things what is going on. THAT is respecting the fans and customers. And then in return I have way more tolerance towards issues, because SOE is open about everything and updates the players all the time. But ZOS is just hiding being a wall of silence EVER SINCE BETA. And I have little understanding for treating us thus.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by DMKano

Yeah - I freaking JUST logged on and boom - server down? That's the 2nd time today.

Not to sound pessimistic but this is reminding me of Defiance launch - yeah it was rough.

You are new to MMOs?

Should have been there at the Vanguard Launch.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• movros99movros99 Member UncommonPosts: 125

Wow. The servers are still freakin' down.  This is more than just 'maintenance'.  The servers must be completely FUBAR.  This is starting to become a concern. 

I predict the 'best-launch-ever' threads will now disappear.  It's going to be an interesting week.  This will tell us what Zenimax is really made of.

/popcorn

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

the game is fun I want to play.

better a fun game with issues than a crap game without.

I think we are going to have lots of problems with zenimax but the only way to make up for it is to pump out more content,hopefully.

if not the subs will dry up.

This is just one of those threads that is started after every release of a new game that is forgotten the next day. In a few hours or less the server will let you all back in and all this drama and speculation will be forgotten. Another problem will be found, server will be shut down, and the cycle will continue until everything is ironed out. 

For those who are worried about the money part, remember it is about 50 cents a day. If the game is down for even 12 hours you are out an entire .25 cents. That is laughable to even be concerned about.

Relax and do something different for a while! :) Get on a forum and be happy about a game for once instead of  tearing them apart.