Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

simple question: Are you enjoying it so far?

Comments

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

YES!

It definetly has a very diferent feeling than a regular MMO...you can feel it´s an ESO game.

Loving the amazing world so far :)

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I'm loving it so far !

Haven't had any noticeable issues and the game is running smooth as silk at max settings on my rig.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Last time I played in beta, I was bored to tears
  • jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    One of the smoothest launches I ever had.. So yeah, I'm enjoying it so far.
  • BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230

Not really, doubt I will ever finish leveling one character.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Mark this thread for reading in a month and bring it back to see if opinions change much.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

If I based off what some people were saying during beta, I would not have bought it.  I didn't beta myself, but I was following the reviews and videos.  But thanks to Anet's inability to fix WvW lag, their inability to balance WvW matchups, and their inability to fix long queue issues, I took a leap and pre-ordered ESO.  I'm so glad I did.   Both my g/f and I are having a blast.  

I thought the combat & reticle targeting was going to bug me, but it actually has become one of the pro's to playing this game.  You just feel a lot more engaged with this combat design.  I also feel that this game has brought the RPG back from MMORPG.

Anyways for those on the fence, or unsure due to beta reviews or such, it may be worthwhile to just give it a chance.  I did and right now I'm saying eff off to GW2's season 2 tournament for this game in which I'm having so much more fun in.  Naysayers are going to be naysayers, min/maxers are going to complain like they always do in all MMO's.  Just remember, majority of the gamers are not min/maxers or those who level to 50 in 1 day.  Majority of the gamers are "core" gamers, people who play & enjoy these games without going all hardcore crazy about it.  So just manage your expectations and your time, and not try to get caught up into the same 'ol bs that min/maxers pull, you should find yourself having a good time.

As for how long the fun will last, who knows?  People are speculating based on the current launch content, but I seriously doubt Zenimax will be sitting around not adding new content into the game, fix issues, or update things.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• odienmanodienman Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Really having a great time, probably one of my favorite mmo's to date and I've played them all.  I got a little frustrated with a quest bug, but now knowing that if you quickly relog once or twice, it fixes it would of saved me almost an hour.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by SalmonMan
    Originally posted by Vannor

There's some quest issues but other than that I've had no problems.

Way it is right now, Zenimax has set new standards in this genre, in my opinion. They have proven you don't need to copy WoW. It's only going to get better.

So, yep, I'm enjoying it.

This might ZoS's greatest trick. That they've managed to convince soooooo many people they've reinvented the wheel. That the game is some brand new idea, that it's "different".

Reality check - it isn't.

It's everything we've all seen before, and better done elsewhere I might add, and much of it similar to what's in WoW. As much I personally loathe WoW (just not my thing), their is a reason it has so many subs, and had them over such a long period. TESO tried to straddle TES and an MMO - the end result being it does both rather mediocre on both fronts.

ESO isn't revolutionary, and doesn't bring anything particularly unique to the table. What it is, is NEW. And humans have a tendency to get all excited over new, shiny things. And what it also is, is SAFE. The game is neither horribly bad, but it isn't particularly amazing either. It's..... middle of the road, familiar, comfortable. ZoS have very cannily ensured the game launch is relatively smooth, compared to numerous other MMO's anyway, and props to them for that - goodness knows their have been too many launch shambles.

The real trick will be in 3, 6, 12 months time, when the new car smell has worn off. Much like with every other MMO, since.... well, since WoW I suppose lol. It'll be fine for a while, but then most MMO's are. I see nothing in the game that will make it any different from the majority of past MMO's. It'll be interesting to see if people are willing to settle for watered down versions of game machanics that can and are done better in other games - and continue to keep paying for it.

So true. I haven't seen a single thing in this game that is reinventing anything. The only interesting aspect is the somewhat open ended skill system which although is flexible for being in a ThemePark, is just a watered down version of the one in Skyrim and previous ES games.

Is that single aspect enough to make this game standout? Doubt it. F2P/B2P within a year.

No

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

I can safely say, one of the best if not the best MMOs I've ever laid my hands on. How long that will be the case, I do not know. But right now, this game more than deserves to take the top rating for Released MMOs.

Not a clone; true to the TES series; it has DEPTH; and plenty of more content on the way. What more can you ask for?

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

yes one of the most immersive mmo i have ever played. Great artwork, scenery, voice over, interesting quests and rich lore. Love the combat too.

To me ESO is one of the best mmo since vanilla wow.

• ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211

Yes, one of the most immersive and fun MMOs I've played lately.  The freedom to explore and just stop and smell the roses is amazing.   And the story is pretty darned good too.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Cetra

yes one of the most immersive mmo i have ever played. Great artwork, scenery, voice over, interesting quests and rich lore. Love the combat too.

To me ESO is one of the best mmo since vanilla wow.

+1 here also ...finally a really good game

• SjorAndSkySjorAndSky Member UncommonPosts: 24

Yeah I've had a blast so far. Really good story telling so far and the quests have been interesting and immersive. I also LOVE how they not only encourage, but reward exploration. Aside from the materials, and chests you can find hidden, theres also some cool locations/quests/crafting areas that you can discover, that you wouldn't otherwise if you just blindly followed the main quests.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Yes.   Just got home, about to log back on!

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Yes I'm enjoying it, but fellow players and bag size are equally annoying.
  • PreythanPreythan Member Posts: 66
    loving the game so far...except for the random dismounts 
  • shassshass Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Really enjoying it. Not had any real bugs. Explored the old starter isle of Bleakrock. Amazing looking game and I'm enjoying the combat without tabbed targeting for once. Lockpicking the treasure chests is really well done. The countless Emotes are hilarious. Excellent stuff.
  • iftachbyiftachby Member UncommonPosts: 33
    So far I'm enjoying it a lot. The world is amazing!
  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by Tgiordano92
    Yes, have had 0 problems so far. I lied, my horse keeps dismounting randomly...that t though...lol

Your... horse keeps dismounting? Your horse has a horse? Is it like a horseception?

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

It's nice playing a game that feels "unknown" to me.  I'm finding myself having to figure out the various systems and quirks, which is refreshing compared to most MMO's where they all feel and play the same.

It's also really fun having to explore around for quests and stuff, rather than simply collect a bunch of exclamation marks near the inn, before doing a massive quest run.  TESO has great pacing.

You make me like charity

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291
    Simple answer is YES!!! Taking it slow and loving my ORC DK. It's too much as I really just wanna log in and play all the time now =)
  • DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Yes, l'm loving this game. Is been a long time since l had this much fun playing. Just today l was admiring the weather in this game, rain and thunder looked and sounded so real. Just little things like that makes me enjoy the game even more. Plus now my character is starting to have a nice build. l'm not letting the little bugs bother me, having to much fun for that.
  • AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I'm very much enjoying this game. I love the realistic looking art style, the detailed landscapes and loads of quests. Together with a friend I play a Nightblade as a caster. We explore, craft, kill, socialize or to put it in other words: Finally we can play a real MMORPG again!
  • RyonoxRyonox Member UncommonPosts: 64

Having a good ol time with this game. Played to 10 desperately wanting to get into the PvP side of things. Hopped in and immediately regretted picking a melee/assassin type character. But I used that to try alternative styles of play and found using siege engines, and designing my "assassin" to become a crowd controlling hard initiation monster quite appealing.

Got to level 18 then respec'd to try a more focused attempt at making a pure assassin with bow as a secondary, and now I'm happily ruining the days of the slow trickle of the enemies' "reinforcements" that sadly never seem to ever arrive, quite odd. >:D

P.S. As a standard edition buyer, I do not regret the lack of having a horse at all.. especially when most of the people I attack out there in cyrodil don't even get off the ground after being forced off. Makes me laugh when I think to myself "man, they payed extra money to get destroyed because they are riding on a horse", especially since the time saved by running a whole 10% or so faster doesn't quite outweigh the now 15 minute run they have to redo.