Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overload: bugged or just not what description says?

svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Sorcs ultimate ability in the stormcalling line is Overload.  It is supposed to empower "light and heavy attacks", which to me would mean attacks that you fire off using the left mouse button.  I use a bow.  When I try to use it, instead of firing the bow it seems to be doing a short range electrical attack which, since I am at bow range, doesnt even hit the mob.  It uses up my ultimate but doesnt do anything but make pretty sparks like the Emperor in Star Wars VI.

Am I reading it wrong, or is it fubar bugged?  Seems worthless.

Comments

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by svann

Sorcs ultimate ability in the stormcalling line is Overload.  It is supposed to empower "light and heavy attacks", which to me would mean attacks that you fire off using the left mouse button.  I use a bow.  When I try to use it, instead of firing the bow it seems to be doing a short range electrical attack which, since I am at bow range, doesnt even hit the mob.  It uses up my ultimate but doesnt do anything but make pretty sparks like the Emperor in Star Wars VI.

Am I reading it wrong, or is it fubar bugged?  Seems worthless.

It has a morph to increase range... or one to restore magicka when you do damage with it.

Its good but you need to be closer....

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263

It's not bugged. It's just not tooltipped correctly.

You are right in your thinking about what it "should" be doing based on the description. I had the same idea in mind for my tank sorc. Didn't work like I had imagined when I got the spell and I was pissed that I'd put the point into it.

They need to either change the description to more accurately reflect what it does. Or change the ability to actually do what it says. More likely it will be the latter.

Sorry you found out the hard way.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    If Im just out of range its weird that its using up ultimate.  Is it substituting some kind of short range aoe attack?