Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First level 50 and first Emperor is French! XD

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

No seriously. Due to a report, the sorcerer "Jake Shelton" made level 50 in a bit more than 17 hours. His guild, Vae Soli, created Emperess Tiu on the EU Megaserver.

Well, Vive La France. ;)

Source:

http://mein-mmo.de/the-elder-scrolls-online-wir-haben-eine-kaiserin-313/

I dont care if someone ruins his gameplay by rushing to lv 50 in 1 days, but a French Emperor... and an Emperess even! That hurts. XD

EDIT: Apparently Vae Solis is an alliance of 10 guilds, and all of them rush supported the person to be the first level 50 and to attain Emperorhood. It seems they all worked together for these goals. They snatched the crown for the Daggerfall Alliance, thus seeming to ascertain the rumor, that Daggerfall attracts the PVP powergamer guilds. (As I dimly recall the guild from "Tamriel Foundry" are also going to Daggerfall. So brace youself, Ebonheart and Dominion. ^^)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

What can i say, good for him!

I will take my time make it as long as possible before i reach the endgame so they have time to add content.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Congrats to the player and his guild.  Let's keep the game accomplishments and competition alive!!
  • funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    How does being Emperor work when there are hundreds of instances?
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by funcon

There are not hundreds of PVP instances, just a few. I think 10, per region. So 10 in US and 10 in EU, but since I am not yet in the game, someone else needs to confirm this. But not hundreds.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Congrats and since she's French look for a quick surrender.  ;)
  • funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by DMKano

Each Cyrodiil campaign has an emperor.

Can you explain what a campaign is?

A campaign is an instance, a permanent copy of the region of Cyrodiil. When you reach level 10 you can join one campaign. In these the 3 factions make war against each other. You are bound to one campaign, so to prevent campaign hopping and have an incite to work for your faction in your campaign rather than abandon it and overcrowd a few powerful campaigns. In beta you could change the campaign only ever 90 days or at a high cost of faction points, which you make in fighting in the campaign. I recall they lowered that cost a bit now.

So, say, if you join the campaign "Auriel's Bow", you fight in an instance of Cyrodill called Auriel's Bow, for at least 90 days - or if you buy a campaign swap for said price.

Someone already playing should tell you how many campaigns there are and what the recent price is. But I dimly recall it were supposed to be 10 for the US server and 10 for the EU server. Each is entirely independent of each other.

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169

Bull shit I played ON PTS BETA ON EARLY and to get first 10 lvl take some time . 50 lvl? BULLSHIT

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by Elikal

No seriously. Due to a report, the sorcerer "Jake Shelton" made level 50 in a bit more than 17 hours. His guild, Vae Soli, created Emperess Tiu on the EU Megaserver.

Well, Vive La France. ;)

Source:

I dont care if someone ruins his gameplay by rushing to lv 50 in 1 days, but a French Emperor... and an Emperess even! That hurts. XD

EDIT: Apparently Vae Solis is an alliance of 10 guilds, and all of them rush supported the person to be the first level 50 and to attain Emperorhood. It seems they all worked together for these goals. They snatched the crown for the Daggerfall Alliance, thus seeming to ascertain the rumor, that Daggerfall attracts the PVP powergamer guilds. (As I dimly recall the guild from "Tamriel Foundry" are also going to Daggerfall. So brace youself, Ebonheart and Dominion. ^^)

So in essence what you are saying the game can be easily manipulated and overcome because of it's very simplistic game play.   This was all done in less that 24hrs.   Glad I didn't waste a dime on it.

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by sumdumguy1

Ohh you!!!

• ProblemProblem Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by Mpfive

Ohh you!!!

You have to catch her and that will be difficult since French players might have 20% running speed while they retreat.

Citizen: Preach your filth elsewhere!

Originally posted by Teala

Well, Vive La France. ;)

Source:

So in essence what you are saying the game can be easily manipulated and overcome because of it's very simplistic game play.   This was all done in less that 24hrs.   Glad I didn't waste a dime on it.

Despite my critique, I would not go that far.

Tbh, I think it is impossible to prevent this. Human ingenuity and teamwork can accomplish a lot. That 10 guild ally to create a level 50 char in 1 day and an Emperess is a very dedicated accomplishment. One I personally do not crave for, but it has my respect and IMVPO it doesn't speak against ESO. As I said, I dont think you can really prevent that in a MMO without entirely gimping a game. ;)

So personally I don't conclude anything from this event.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Cogratz to peeps!

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166

So, does the fact that the first emperor was achieved before the game was even technically released bode well or ill for the future of this game?

Seems a little easy (and cheesy) to have accomplished the "End Goal" already, but that's just my opinion.

T

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Problem
    Originally posted by Mpfive

Ohh you!!!

You have to catch her and that will be difficult since French players might have 20% running speed while they retreat.

+1 for working in country traits into your response. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• GodOfForbiddenFruitsGodOfForbiddenFruits Member Posts: 52
    First doesn't mean best. Best will come later, and stay for a long long time.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,672

I seem to recall a French guild organised a similar tactic at FFXIV launch. Essentially there where a lot of people running round getting materials for one person who was crafting and doing a bit of questing.

Think it took a couple of days to do.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by GodOfForbiddenFruits
    First doesn't mean best. Best will come later, and stay for a long long time.

?

Pretty certain the idea is that Emperor / Empress = best! And that with time they will get better and stronger as well (up to a point).

What will come later- in theory - is better opposition. In theory because whilst you potentially will may get people wanting to compete with such dedication you will look elsewhere to give themselves at least a fighting chance.

Congrats to them all as well.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

Well, Vive La France. ;)

Source:

Actually, I'm going to say they are not ruinign their game play. I think for them this is the game play. And good for him.

Of course it goes to show what a guild can do when it rallies behind its members.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

If only this sort of organization and hard work could be applied to ... anything of real purpose in the world.

Amazing things could happen!

Reminds me of some of the hardcore EQ players back in college. 3 of them dropped out of college because they played EQ too much. Some of the most powerful players and guilds across a few servers due to their dedication but showing up to class was just too much for them.

If this guy is from France though it makes more sense. Their 30 hour work weeks and 6-8 weeks paid vacation certainly can allow for this sort of thing.

You stay sassy!

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

A campaign is an instance, a permanent copy of the region of Cyrodiil. When you reach level 10 you can join one campaign. In these the 3 factions make war against each other. You are bound to one campaign, so to prevent campaign hopping and have an incite to work for your faction in your campaign rather than abandon it and overcrowd a few powerful campaigns. In beta you could change the campaign only ever 90 days or at a high cost of faction points, which you make in fighting in the campaign. I recall they lowered that cost a bit now.

So, say, if you join the campaign "Auriel's Bow", you fight in an instance of Cyrodill called Auriel's Bow, for at least 90 days - or if you buy a campaign swap for said price.

Someone already playing should tell you how many campaigns there are and what the recent price is. But I dimly recall it were supposed to be 10 for the US server and 10 for the EU server. Each is entirely independent of each other.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/news/post/2014/03/27/cyrodiil-campaign-names?ref=home - all are currently available with Bloodthorn and Auriel's Bow being currently the only busy (Europe). Although since it is the first day when 3 day headstart players can play I'd expect other campaigns to follow soon. Also alot of players ofc is busy right now with leveling.

• TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Guy had help from a bunch of people I don't see how that is well deserved.  He probably doesn't even know how to play properly within that time frame.
  • askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631
    Originally posted by Tamanous

If this guy is from France though it makes more sense. Their 30 hour work weeks and 6-8 weeks paid vacation certainly can allow for this sort of thing.

Jealous? Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll? Or perhaps you wanted to be emperor?

It might not be too late to emigrate if you value free time.