Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Easier Build to Play?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

I want to play ESO but I'm a little concerned that it may be too challenging for me.  I'm not that good at moving while fighting, I'm just not terribly coordinated.

I mostly play PvE.

Is there a relatively stationary,  easier DPS build I could try?

Thanks!

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Anyone know?  Or am I out of luck?  =/
    I don't mind dodging the red circles, I can do that.
    Is there an AoE that snares?
  • CurragraigueCurragraigue Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Originally posted by MightyUnclean
    Is there an AoE that snares?

I think all of the classes have a skill with a snare effect.

I find this breakdown analysis useful when comparing the skills of the different classes http://tamrielfoundry.com/2013/12/analyzing-skill-distribution/

Hope that helps

• RazankaRazanka Member UncommonPosts: 67
    I had a real hard time picking a build, finally settled on a Orc dragonknight using dual wield and a bow wearing 5 pc heavy armor and 2pc medium. Use my bow to pull and weaken groups, when they get close i whirlwind and spit fire on them. This build works if you like to solo.
  • alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

I would say dragon knight is good as it has an armor buff from early on + a self healing ability and so on.

Its not known, but they make the best archers.... because they are beefy, have self healing and can reflect magic projectiles...

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Trust me, OP, I am AS BAD AS IT GETS in combat coordination. At least most stuff up to level 12 or 13 I was in beta I could fight. I failed a few of the boss mob instances. That sucked, because you are (so far) not allowed to bring in friends. :(

But most stuff is managable IMVPO. Get some build help. ^^

For purely PVE I would suggest to roll Templar (for the self heals), use plate (for survivability) and then either two 1handed weapons or damage staff to balance out the protective elements of templar and heavy armor with good dmg. For PVE that is probabaly one of the easiest strategies. Mind ya I am no expert in this, so take it a grain of salt.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• 5ubzer05ubzer0 Member UncommonPosts: 72

Nightblade with a bow seems very easy to play to me. Just make sure you stealth before you use your heavy bow attack and most mobs will be as good as dead before you can use any other skills. Oh, and you get a max range leech ability.

Also, the in combat invisibility skill is a nice "run for your life" button, if you pulled too many mobs.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

I leveled a Sorc from 1 - VR1 on the PTS during beta and used a bow, resto staff, medium armor (You may want to run in a mix of light and medium to benefit from more passives), the clannfear, twilight matriarch and the storm atronach ultimate.

The bow uses stamina as a resource. You can morph the first bow skill into poison arrow that will interrupt casters and stun them. You can morph the second bow skill into a shot that knocks back and snares to keep mobs off of you. Third skill bar ability is pretty much up to you (I ran with mage's fury). For the resto staff you really just need the first two healing spells (the heal over time and ground aoe). Third spell on your healbar is up to you.

Pick up various passives as you unlock them.

Keep in mind that you have to put pets on both of your bars so that you don't lose them on weapon swap.

This is a pretty durable solo leveling build.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I have a very effective Sorc build that is stationary for the most part, unless I aggro 2-3. And even then I can handle 2 standing still if they are at least my level or below. Edit: I should note its "effective" in that I dont take any damage, or if I do it less than 20% of my over all health.

Also you dont necessarily have to dodge "red" heavy attacks, you can interrupt them which also stuns the enemy.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Sorc does have a AoE snare, and for PvE get the Storm Atronauch Ultimate as soon as you can, that bad boy can really tie mobs up.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

I want to play ESO but I'm a little concerned that it may be too challenging for me.  I'm not that good at moving while fighting, I'm just not terribly coordinated.

I mostly play PvE.

Is there a relatively stationary,  easier DPS build I could try?

Thanks!

There has not been a MMO released in the last seven to nine years where you could not solo to top level while asleep. So I would not worry if I were you.

• rainorxxrainorxx Member Posts: 85
    I think the easier class to level is a Templar Aedric Spear with heavy armor, shield and one hand weapon. Very easy Indeed.

OK, thanks for all the help.

Will a templar be expected to heal others?  I'm not much of a healer.

• SjorAndSkySjorAndSky Member UncommonPosts: 24

While I don't have experience in the other classes, I'd definitely suggest Sorcerer. Really simple, fun and solid class for pve.

Deals good damage, lots of abilities that keep mobs away from you in the form of snares, knockbacks, disorients, etc.

Solo, I can usually kill most mobs before getting hit, and if you play with friends for the dungeons and such (Preferably a tank) its a relatively simple class to play.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention the fact you can summon a familiar as a Sorc, with often times acts as a tank.

• rainorxxrainorxx Member Posts: 85

OK, thanks for all the help.

Will a templar be expected to heal others?  I'm not much of a healer.

Not all Templars are healers. Aedric Spear dont heal.

Oh nice, so you can build a DPS oriented templar that only heals himself??
  • GodOfForbiddenFruitsGodOfForbiddenFruits Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by Hokie

I have a very effective Sorc build that is stationary for the most part, unless I aggro 2-3. And even then I can handle 2 standing still if they are at least my level or below. Edit: I should note its "effective" in that I dont take any damage, or if I do it less than 20% of my over all health.

Also you dont necessarily have to dodge "red" heavy attacks, you can interrupt them which also stuns the enemy.

Can you share the build? I have not started playing yet because I am looking into how I want to play my sorcerer, even though I had 4 betas to figure out lol...