Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] SMITE: Big Tournament Celebrates Launch

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

This weekend was the official $200K Smite Launch tournament, a huge event brought to you by Developer HiRez Studios in celebration of the official launch of Smite! Let me just start by saying that this was an incredible event hosting the best Pro Teams from all around the world going head to head in a double elimination tournament to prove who is the very best in the world. I will try to give you a breakdown of everything that happened at the event, from what was awesome and of course, the not so awesome.

Read more of James Williams' SMITE: Big Tournament Celebrates Game's Launch.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394

I tried this game, and even though it *should* be fun, and the visuals are uncanny... the community just ruins it. Every freaking game, there's some vocal child bitching like a sandy vagina; and he is typically the worst player, too.

• killcritkillcrit Member UncommonPosts: 34
    toleration is a professional attribute

Regards,
    Killcrit
    Twitch: Killcrit
    Twitter: Killcrit

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by goozmania

I tried this game, and even though it *should* be fun, and the visuals are uncanny... the community just ruins it. Every freaking game, there's some vocal child bitching like a sandy vagina; and he is typically the worst player, too.

I agree. This game is incredibly fun to play, and the client is incredibly well optimized. Looks great and plays butter smooth with everything cranked up, even on my aging 6870. A great example of what the Unreal Engine can do in the right hands.

The community is godawful. Bunch of whiny, racist little twits who take everything too seriously and spend more time hurling insults than actually playing the damned game. Hi-Rez really dropped the ball on this. They had a new MOBA, and chance to show people very early on that such behavior would not be tolerated. Instead they go with the same ineffectual system of reporting which most other MOBAs use.

I will say that it's better than the communities around HoN or DotA 2 though. Those people are the most newbie-unfriendly (and unfriendly in general) folks in all of gaming, bar none. Getting into those games is like running naked through a cornfield backwards.

People who say console players are the worst have never tried PC MOBAs.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I am really not a fan of MOBA type games but I must admit this one is a lot of fun..

I see people mention the community here but I think I have to disagree especially compared to the other MOBAs out there the community in SMITE is very noob friendly.. When I first started playing this a few weeks ago I had no issues getting into games with friendly people even if I was not very good at the game.. compare that to HoN or DoTA where I would have got ripped apart by angry little kids haha..

• trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by goozmania

He said, as he acted like a child with sand in his vagina...

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Yes the community could be a little bit more noob friendly, but it's not entirely their fault.  The matchmaking in the game is horrible and always has been.  I've been playing for over a year now and still get people who couldn't have been playing for more than a week on one team or both in my over half my games.  Playing match after match with or against people who have no clue what they're doing wears on even the most patient of people.  Smite brings out the worst in my attitude because of this and that's the main reason I stopped playing.  The game itself is great, but the matchmaker is horrible and most likely always will be.