Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] World of Speed: Combining Racing and MMOs

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

World of Speed Online combines the two worlds of racing games and MMOs. In the past there have been several games which tried to tackle this combination. World of Speed brings some of the great elements of the racing game genre into the online space where players can form teams, race opponents, and even build their own tracks. We met with the crew from Slightly Mad Studios to have a look at the game and get the low down. 

Read more of Garrett Fuller's World of Speed: Combining Racing & MMOs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Love the idea. I like racing games, but always miss the social component. And the implementations that have passed in review weren't really good, so I hope this'll do the trick.

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• DeshaneDeshane Member Posts: 11
    Need for speed world? -__-
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Bleh cars.  Mount racing FTW.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

How is this an MMO then ? IS everyone driving around in a big world/city or whatever then meet up and just race? or is it lobby based ? If its lobby based then it is in no way an MMO..

Guess I will have to read up on it a bit.