Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1day =max lvl?

Comments

• PoisondwarfPoisondwarf Member UncommonPosts: 33
    No way has anyone hit level 50. They are just replaying BETA footage
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    [mod edit]

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SKurjSKurj Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Meh.  I likely spent 12hrs or more in ESO yesterday, and I only just got off the starter island and am sitting at lvl 7.  I prefer the journey to the destination, I rarely bother with endgame so I'll just go my own pace and enjoy the game thanks.
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Bossalinie
    Originally posted by KaitarBesh

I can't believe that a) people are already level 50. Not unless they're exploiting something, in which case they should be banned.

and b) that people are griping about exp being too slow so they can't rush to end game and then whine about being bored like in EVERY other MMO that has released in the past 8 years.

Also, if you kiddies think this game is "slow leveling", you obviously never played some of the old MMOs that could take days or weeks for one level. Deal with it, or go play some carnival like WoW where you can be at end game in 3 days. So tired of locusts ruining games by demanding they be sped up to give them everything NOW NOW NOW.

I just love old geezers who spout out their soap box speeches at random, even though not a single person in the thread has complained...

Well, people have been saying that getting to level cap in barely 24 hours of the game launching shouldn't be possible. So there's that.

And anyway, what Kaitar says is absolutely true, and has been for the past several years - getting worse with each new release.

There are many players who race through the game to get to level cap, burn through everything, and then go on gaming forums complaining that the game sucks, doesn't have enough content, they're bored, it isn't worth a sub and should go F2P. Meanwhile, they skipped at least 80% of what the game actually offers because "end game is all that matters" to them... Until they get there.

Those who aren't deliberately racing through will still get there in short order. As a recent example, people in FFXIV: ARR were playing more casually, but still finishing the storyline and reaching end-game content within the first 3 weeks of the game's (re)launch. 

That should not be possible. Not in a MMO. Why? Simple:

Because MMOs are not single player games. They are not, and never were intended to be "finished" in a month, nevermind a week, or a day. One major aspect of MMOs, is that they are long-term experiences that continue to provide entertainment and content for months.. even years. The concept of "getting to end-game" is something many.. perhaps even most never even focused on in those earlier games, because the focus was on what you were doing "right now".. and there was plenty to do. "Level Cap" and "End Game" was some far off concept... You'd get there "eventually". In the meantime, there was plenty else to focus on.

There's nothing "old geezer" about Kaitar's statements. I'm 40 and I agree with them completely. Older MMOs were not designed around reaching level cap within days/hours of the game's launch. They were designed as long-term hobbies, with a much more moderate pace, more long-term goals, and content that people actually participated in outside of "leveling as fast as possible". And, funny enough, you hardly ever heard people bitching about "being bored at level cap", because there was always a lot more content... and people actually did it. 

It's unfortunate that people who've come to the MMO genre in the last 8 years never got to experience what a true MMO experience was, and could likely never appreciate it as those "old geezers" did. They're too busy with their "now now now! I want my reward just for showing up, and I'm entitled to it! Give it to me now!" mentalities to ever appreciate it. They can't appreciate how awesome a true MMO community is, because there is no "we" in MMOs anymore. It's all about "me" now. Except for one's guild... and even those are nothing compared to what they used to be. It's still a collection of people who only care about "me", using others to get what they want.

Again, I'm sure people will poke fun at that and attempt to twist it around, call me names, or whatever. That's fine. Have at it. Knock yourself out. Doesn't change a thing I said.

Originally posted by MMOExposed

What I dont understand,

If why the F*** do any of you care how fast somebody leveled to max level?

How the heck does it effect any of you on how you play?

GTFO it..  this complaint gets annoying after seeing people complain about this in each and every new MMO, yet has no effect on you, since you will also get to max level at some point as well. so really you all,, STFU!

What's hard to understand?  People get sick of these players because they're always the first to hit the forums complaining about having nothing to do.. After they skip over 90% of the experience, as well as 90% of the community, yes that's a made up number. It's not hard to understand what people don't like about this.

Originally posted by Distopia

What I dont understand,

GTFO it..  this complaint gets annoying after seeing people complain about this in each and every new MMO, yet has no effect on you, since you will also get to max level at some point as well. so really you all,, STFU!

What's hard to understand?  People get sick of these players because they're always the first to hit the forums complaining about having nothing to do.. After they skip over 90% of the experience, as well as 90% of the community, yes that's a made up number. It's not hard to understand what people don't like about this.

It's also indicative of a shallow game, designed for mass consumption of the lowest common denominator of gamers. 

In other words, just more of what we've been getting for the past 8 years or so.

Originally posted by TangentPoint

I can't believe that a) people are already level 50. Not unless they're exploiting something, in which case they should be banned.

and b) that people are griping about exp being too slow so they can't rush to end game and then whine about being bored like in EVERY other MMO that has released in the past 8 years.

Also, if you kiddies think this game is "slow leveling", you obviously never played some of the old MMOs that could take days or weeks for one level. Deal with it, or go play some carnival like WoW where you can be at end game in 3 days. So tired of locusts ruining games by demanding they be sped up to give them everything NOW NOW NOW.

I just love old geezers who spout out their soap box speeches at random, even though not a single person in the thread has complained...

Well, people have been saying that getting to level cap in barely 24 hours of the game launching shouldn't be possible. So there's that.

No what people are saying ( as I'm the one who said that) is that something is off between what people were saying about XP nerfs and what has transpired here.

What I dont understand,

It's also indicative of a shallow game, designed for mass consumption of the lowest common denominator of gamers. 

In other words, just more of what we've been getting for the past 8 years or so.

No it's indicative of a game designed bottom heavy instead of top heavy at launch. All of the content at this point is in the leveling experience, bypassing that is bypassing a majority of the game. It's quite simple really.

No what people are saying ( as I'm the one who said that) is that something is off between what people were saying about XP nerfs and what has transpired here.

Ah. I took it as more of a general complaint... about others complaining about the speed of leveling in general.

Oh well, either way, I think my whole response there still holds true :)

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424

I don't get why this is always an issue for some people.

If a game doesn't have levels, or they're just the beginning, like GW1, that's ok. But in a normal themepark mmorpgs, what are people seriously expecting?

The only way to stop this is by inserting grind into the game. And not the "special reward/content that takes alot of time" grind, but the "you have to kill 1000 rats to level up" grind.

That's just terrible design no matter how you slice it. Leveling up by questing, exploring, crafting, etc, only to realize that eventually, to move on to the next area, you have to grind your eyes out, is a bad idea.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

So much for 'this will NEVER happen in ESO..blah blah and yada yada'.

Never say never.

What I dont understand,

No it's indicative of a game designed bottom heavy instead of top heavy at launch. All of the content at this point is in the leveling experience, bypassing that is bypassing a majority of the game. It's quite simple really.

lol... Okay, getting the impression that you're just in the mood to argue and are going to nit-pick at anything anyone says, just for the sake of having a debate.

And that's what you're doing here. Nit-picking. Splitting hairs. Arguing just to argue. Over something that we fundamentally agree on. The particulars are incidental. The end-result is the same, and that's all I'm talking about.

Regardless of where the most content is, the end result is the same: People are getting to level cap really quickly, which will then lead to many people complaining about being bored because "not enough content". 

Anyway, if you're in the mood just to argue with anyone who replies... then have at it. I have more interesting things to do lol.

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Never say never.

Aren't you kind of ignoring something about why people were saying that? Supposedly there was only one way to level.. questing, yet that's not what this guy did... Apparently you're not locked into questing as your only means of leveling.

What I dont understand,

lol... Okay, getting the impression that you're just in the mood to argue and are going to nit-pick at anything anyone says, just for the sake of having a debate.

And that's what you're doing here. Nit-picking. Splitting hairs. Arguing just to argue. Over something that we fundamentally agree on. The particulars are incidental. The end-result is the same, and that's all I'm talking about.

Regardless of where the most content is, the end result is the same: People are getting to level cap really quickly, which will then lead to many people complaining about being bored because "not enough content". 

Anyway, if you're in the mood just to argue with anyone who replies... then have at it. I have more interesting things to do lol.

You made a point I made a counter point, that's how this works.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

Even in vanilla WoW it took weeks (or more) for most people to reach cap. Even now, from what I've read, it still takes within the realm of 3-5 days (played) of some fairly committed playing. If it's true that people are already reaching the cap in ESO it means the leveling speed is considerably faster than even that of WoW. That's, of course, not factoring in the time it takes to gather most of the skyshards which I'd imagine takes awhile.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    I have been playing all the day long yesterday and im just level 11, probably, gonna take me a month to hit 50, and in a game like this, is the best thing you can do, take your time. But we knew this would happen. 
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    I participated in one beta and never played again. It was cool and looked great, but I knew in my gut it was the same old same old.
  • intiorizedintiorized Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Originally posted by maple2
    Teso has no endgame content and also the dungeons are far to easy and the pvp is just lame as hell. so far i have seen nothing good in Teso and i was pretty excited for the game at first but now i see how big fail it is.

please find a psychiatrist. You seem the be schizophrenic since you always said how boring TESO and how much i didn´t like it in the first place.

http://www.northlanders.rocks

1st German Crowfall Guild

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Teso has no endgame content and also the dungeons are far to easy and the pvp is just lame as hell. so far i have seen nothing good in Teso and i was pretty excited for the game at first but now i see how big fail it is.

Did you forget to post on your main account?

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

We appreciate your opinion.

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Kinda glad I passed on this one.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Never say never.

When it comes to ESO, anything can happen!  The sky is the limit!  image

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Oh now where have I seen this scenario play out before? This has been the bane of every new major MMORPG launch for the past how many years? It happend in the early access to GW2, someone hit 80 that weekend, I remember being low level seeing players in FF14 running around in their Magitech mounts. So why did anyone think it wouldn't happen here?

Who was it, in this thread, who said it shouldn't be possible in an MMORPG? He's right, but here we are. 

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Max level isn't really level 50. You still got some more progression still to go with vet ranks and the such.