Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are you still waiting?

12346»

Comments

• MMO-RelicMMO-Relic Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    Well. I am still waiting because of the poor amateur support from zenimax. I have redeemed my headstart key to my account, but when I try to log into the game it says my login or password is wrong.

It is because the server is down for maintainence.

Acolytes Gaming (forums.acolytesgaming.com)

Sheep or Shepard- Make up your own damn mind.

It is true, the older you get, the less patience you have for those who watch a Youtube video and from that believe they know it all.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by MMO-Relic
    Well. I am still waiting because of the poor amateur support from zenimax. I have redeemed my headstart key to my account, but when I try to log into the game it says my login or password is wrong.

It is because the server is down for maintainence.

I have tried to log in the past 24 hours - I have never been able to actually log into the game. I could not login yesterday either.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by Wolfshead
    Originally posted by tet666
    ^ this i dont see the point in paying now and sub when i can play the game for free a few months down the road.

Serious how do know that i ssssooo love doomsayer like you if dont like game it is fine but sit here predict thing that you dont know anything about just show how narrow mind you are. You dont know who well or bad ESO will be in few month so stop think you know thing when you dont

Ouch, that hurt to read. Also... What?

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by arieste
    Originally posted by centkin

Because:

1) I saved 12 dollars plus the tax on 60 dollars by buying it from GMG instead of zenimax for the cost of just 2 days.

+1. 

Same reason.

As far as the "it'll eventually be free", well, that's true for most things in the world.  If you want long enough, you can get just about anything free.   But with MMOs, i find they're much more fun early when you're among the explorers, all learning about the game, etc.   That experience justifies paying $60.   Unlike something like  Dark Souls 2 - i'm gonna eventually play it, but they'll be the same game in a year when it costs $20.  With an MMO, if you miss the launch, it's never quite the same.   

I've been there for just about every major MMO launch since I quit WoW right after Cata came out.  Let me say this last statement you made is a bunch of hog wash.  In fact I think it's probably 50 times better to forgo the initial early stages of an MMO's life due to bugs, queues, over population in newbie zones and everything else imaginable. 

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust
    Originally posted by AzurePrower
    Originally posted by AzurePrower
    Originally posted by Bloodaxes
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

the fact that is the first true AAA MMO developed for consoles...

First? Not even close.

Really? Name a few more....

What do you call DC:UO?

I dunno...what should I call it? Besides a true AAA MMO. Now...name a few more....since what Lord said was "not even close". There must be MANY that have been made already.

I'm just invalidating Lord Bachus' comment.

Bloodaxes can take it from here.

lol...no he can't. He named FFXIV. If that's the best he's got and the best you've got, I'd say that you shouldn't have tried to invalidate what Lord said in the first place. Since what he said is pretty close to the truth. Opinions will vary, but what he said wasn't far off IMO

DC universe online

Final Fantasy XIV

Defiance

DUST 514

Planetside 2

there's a few more but I'm not quite sure those qualify as AAA so I'll just stop here

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• imaginaimagina Member Posts: 104

Why every post from the op looks like a very bad commercial pr trying to sell the game...

1. I'm still waiting because the game is still far inferior to any elder scroll out there.

2. I'm still waiting because i'm convinced it will fail being a subscription game and will be free to play in a matter of months

3. I'm still waiting because the overall quality of the game isn't worth an AAA title, far from it at the very least, animations, graphics, everything looks outsourced and not coming from the palm, and fingers of bethesda itself, it feels off, it feels like little chinese or indonesians created the game, cheaper technically and graphically than any other elder scrolls, something is off.

4. It's not an elder scrolls by any stretch of the animation, it's a very generic mmo with tons of loading screens, no seemless world (a shame for a game that has predecessors like morrowind / oblivion / skyrim that has at least, a full open map), no sandbox elements, no stealing, everything is static and doesn't feel alive.

Originally posted by imagina

Why every post from the op looks like a very bad commercial pr trying to sell the game...

1. I'm still waiting because the game is still far inferior to any elder scroll out there.

2. I'm still waiting because i'm convinced it will fail being a subscription game and will be free to play in a matter of months

3. I'm still waiting because the overall quality of the game isn't worth an AAA title, far from it at the very least, animations, graphics, everything looks outsourced and not coming from the palm, and fingers of bethesda itself, it feels off, it feels like little chinese or indonesians created the game, cheaper technically and graphically than any other elder scrolls, something is off.

4. It's not an elder scrolls by any stretch of the animation, it's a very generic mmo with tons of loading screens, no seemless world (a shame for a game that has predecessors like morrowind / oblivion / skyrim that has at least, a full open map), no sandbox elements, no stealing, everything is static and doesn't feel alive.

You forgot :

5. I am still waiting because I cannot log into the game. I have activated headstart, but are still not eligable to login.

Animations are better in eso than in the SP though :P Animations have always been sucky in elder scrolls games.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

You're so wrong it feels good, and will make you look so stupid when you know that i smartened up and cancelled my collector edition 2 weeks before early access.

:)

You guys are just fanbois and whores for a very, very cheap game, that isn't even up to the slightest standard of what bethesda usually "give" in term of passion and finition to their customers.

And it's why we will never have nice things from them again.

Because you swallow this low quality shit without even protesting one bit, and many of you knows how bad looking and bad feeling the gameplay and graphics are.

Pure denial of the reality there, the "new" thing will fade off very soon and "maybe" you'll start to see what a lot of other people are already seeing, but too late.

Oh, look, a random person whose opinion represents virtually nothing on the internet cancelled their collector edition! I think we should all do the same.

Yes, it will be my fault and others who bought the game ESO if the next single player Elder Scrolls game is pure crap.

You forgot :

5. I am still waiting because I cannot log into the game. I have activated headstart, but are still not eligable to login.

Animations are better in eso than in the SP though :P Animations have always been sucky in elder scrolls games.

You're so wrong it feels good, and will make you look so stupid when you know that i smartened up and cancelled my collector edition 2 weeks before early access.

You guys are just fanbois and whores for a very, very cheap game, that isn't even up to the slightest standard of what bethesda usually "give" in term of passion and finition to their customers.

Because you swallow this low quality shit without even protesting one bit, and many of you knows how bad looking and bad feeling the gameplay and graphics are.

Pure denial of the reality there, the "new" thing will fade off very soon and "maybe" you'll start to see what a lot of other people are already seeing, but too late.

Why am I a whore for indirectly agreeing with you?

The one option I typed, is the one I am having at the moment... I have inserted my key to the account and I cannot login even though I paid for it.

Why the fuck am I a whore or fanboy because of that?

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

You forgot :

The one option I typed, is the one I am having at the moment... I have inserted my key to the account and I cannot login even though I paid for it.

Alzheimer strikes soon this year, you pretended i forgot my "5. I am still waiting because I cannot log into the game. I have activated headstart, but are still not eligable to login."  As if i was that weak willed.

And you're proven dead wrong on this.

My god your reading comprehension skills are worse than your trolling / hating skills. As Mike ALREADY said: that #5 that he added is what HE is experiencing. He did not say YOU are experiencing it. He has posted several times about his inability to even login to the game.

BTW, if you were expecting the same "quality" as far as graphics, etc in an MMO vs a single player version of a game you're clearly lacking some common sense. You do realize an MMO has to connect people playing on servers from all over the world as well as be able to render everything going on with all of those people at the same time, completely unlike a single player game. You will NEVER see a an MMO that looks like the latest most badass high end graphics game if you want that MMO to be even remotely playable by more than a handful of people.

You're also lacking much common sense if you expected the same sandbox type of gameplay in an MMO version of Elder Scrolls. Did you expect to be able to kill an NPC and have them stay dead for everyone else in the game? Expect to be able to drastically change the world in a way that impacts millions of other players based solely on your decisions? What happens when someone else comes along 2 minutes later and makes the opposite decision?

It's actually about as Elder Scrolls as you're going to be able to get it for an MMO in most aspects without constantly imploding on itself for having to account for thousands / millions of players in one world vs a single player effecting everything.

• imaginaimagina Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

You forgot :

Alzheimer strikes soon this year, you pretended i forgot my "5. I am still waiting because I cannot log into the game. I have activated headstart, but are still not eligable to login."  As if i was that weak willed.

My god your reading comprehension skills are worse than your trolling / hating skills. As Mike ALREADY said: that #5 that he added is what HE is experiencing. He did not say YOU are experiencing it. He has posted several times about his inability to even login to the game.

BTW, if you were expecting the same "quality" as far as graphics, etc in an MMO vs a single player version of a game you're clearly lacking some common sense. You do realize an MMO has to connect people playing on servers from all over the world as well as be able to render everything going on with all of those people at the same time, completely unlike a single player game. You will NEVER see a an MMO that looks like the latest most badass high end graphics game if you want that MMO to be even remotely playable by more than a handful of people.

Nononono, i'm sorry, i didn't read "wrong", he writed that "i" forgot that line, don't even try to spin it off another way, it's already pathetic enough as it is.

Dude, are seriously mentally retarded?

You made 4 points about problems about people who cannot login, and I said you forgot to add the fifth point because many other are experiencing that as well.

Nevermind, wouldn't bother replying to you again. Hope moderators takes the reports on you seriously.

Welcome to my blocking list.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

You forgot :

Nononono, i'm sorry, i didn't read "wrong", he writed that "i" forgot that line, don't even try to spin it off another way, it's already pathetic enough as it is.

What's pathetic is your inability to grasp the English language. He was inserting his own issue into the discussion. As has already been explained to you several times. You can even look back on same page you started posting on, 4 posts above your own, he was explaining his issue.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

He is French he misunderstood the expression "you forgot" . He took it literally to mean he actually forgot to add that reason and was affronted when what Mike meant 'you forgot' to add as an aside (often used in an expression)and was not an accusation however if your English is not good enough you will take it wrong. Language barrier but ego got in the way.

Imagina you need to understand that it was not an accusation that you forgot but an expression that you cannot understand due to your poor exposure to expressions in English but your attitude needs a revamp.

Originally posted by kitarad

He is French he misunderstood the expression "you forgot" . He took it literally to mean he actually forgot to add that reason and was affronted when what Mike meant 'you forgot' to add as an aside (often used in an expression)and was not an accusation however if your English is not good enough you will take it wrong. Language barrier but ego got in the way.

Imagina you need to understand that it was not an accusation that you forgot but an expression that you cannot understand due to your poor exposure to expressions in English but your attitude needs a revamp.

Thanks for headsup. Allthough I still think he is a douche with that attitude he put on there.

maybe you should have made a french reply also for him to understand - if you can write french yourself.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Ghavrigg
    Originally posted by BadOrb
    Originally posted by justmemyselfandi
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO
    Originally posted by amber-r

The first mmo developed for consoles?

Phantasy Star Online was on the Dreamcast, Gamecube and Xbox around 1999/2000 and up to 2006 and was one of the best online experiences money could afford at that point on any given consoles, and in general.

PSO wasn't really an mmo.

Yes, yes it was.

Massive= Check

Multi player= check

Online = Check

Role Playing Game = Check

And it is considered so by pretty much every gaming site or online encyclopedia.

Hold on, how many people could play it? Did it have a persistent world? Cause if not, then

Massively (not Massive) Multiplayer = Fail.

On a different note Isn't TESO the first AAA MMO release? Not sure if Final Fantasy is considered AAA. If it is, then that was the first AAA MMO on consoles.

The first "AAA" console mmo was Everquest Online Adventures on PS2.

Edit: Actually I was wrong. FF11 released the year prior to EQOA.

PSO was far from being a "AAA" title. The game had few maps, was extremely linear, andpossessed a low production quality. The graphics were about the only real thing it had going for it. Full of bugs and constantly ( and easily ) hacked.The only ones who even knew of it outside of Japan at the time were a small percentage of Dreamcast owners, who themmselves were already a small percentage of console owners as it was.

And I agree, PSO on Dreamcast was not an mmo. It was a limited capacity lobby game like the Diablo series ( although there are those less intelligent souls who think Diablo games are mmos too ).

Nope I think ( if FF wasn't ) that PSU ( Phantasy Star Universe ) was the first AAA MMO on a console.

Still amused by you thinking EQOA was the first AAA console MMO , ha ha , you got anymore jokes no please reply.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

FF11 was first in Japan (2002), but in North America, EQOA was the first in 2003, and then FFXI came out in 2004. PSU didn't come out 'til 2006.

I should have been clearer , I wasn't debating which was first , I was debating which was first and AAA. Hence EQOA was not AAA and I said if FF11 was AAA then that was first , if not PSU was the first console AAA title. I should have added that PSO was the first console MMO.

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Originally posted by jesad

Buy your game directly from Zenimax and play right freaking now.  

I'll pass, ty. Waiting for Free-To-Play, which Im sure will happen very soon

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Ghavrigg
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Originally posted by amber-r

The first mmo developed for consoles?

Phantasy Star Online was on the Dreamcast, Gamecube and Xbox around 1999/2000 and up to 2006 and was one of the best online experiences money could afford at that point on any given consoles, and in general.

PSO wasn't really an mmo.

Yes, yes it was.

Massive= Check

Multi player= check

Online = Check

Role Playing Game = Check

And it is considered so by pretty much every gaming site or online encyclopedia.

Hold on, how many people could play it? Did it have a persistent world? Cause if not, then

Massively (not Massive) Multiplayer = Fail.

On a different note Isn't TESO the first AAA MMO release? Not sure if Final Fantasy is considered AAA. If it is, then that was the first AAA MMO on consoles.

The first "AAA" console mmo was Everquest Online Adventures on PS2.

Edit: Actually I was wrong. FF11 released the year prior to EQOA.

PSO was far from being a "AAA" title. The game had few maps, was extremely linear, andpossessed a low production quality. The graphics were about the only real thing it had going for it. Full of bugs and constantly ( and easily ) hacked.The only ones who even knew of it outside of Japan at the time were a small percentage of Dreamcast owners, who themmselves were already a small percentage of console owners as it was.

And I agree, PSO on Dreamcast was not an mmo. It was a limited capacity lobby game like the Diablo series ( although there are those less intelligent souls who think Diablo games are mmos too ).

Nope I think ( if FF wasn't ) that PSU ( Phantasy Star Universe ) was the first AAA MMO on a console.

Still amused by you thinking EQOA was the first AAA console MMO , ha ha , you got anymore jokes no please reply.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

FF11 was first in Japan (2002), but in North America, EQOA was the first in 2003, and then FFXI came out in 2004. PSU didn't come out 'til 2006.

I should have been clearer , I wasn't debating which was first , I was debating which was first and AAA. Hence EQOA was not AAA and I said if FF11 was AAA then that was first , if not PSU was the first console AAA title. I should have added that PSO was the first console MMO.

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

Then you need to brush up on what a "AAA" game is. Because you didn't like a game doesn't change the fact of what it was. And EQOA was a triple AAA game. Major publisher, established well loved IP, massive marketing at the time, large development team and budget ( even though SOE dropped the ball and let it languish after Frontiers ). If FF11 and this TES crap are "AAA" mmos, than EQOA certainly was in its heydey.

The main thing SOE screwed up was not having the same forethought as Squaresoft in regards to storage. All new content for EQOA had to be disc based, which caused severe limitations, whereas Squaresoft designed FF11 with a hard drive in mind and bundled it in with the initial game purchase.

Well back in the day the games were not described as AAA , you are wrong about me not liking EQOA , I played it for a while. So with your description of what one is then makes PSO the first AAA console MMORPG. Fair enough.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• 4getting20094getting2009 Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

[mod edit]

Originally posted by delete5230

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Well, with the upcomming console release, and the fact that is the first true AAA MMO developed for consoles...

those freeloaders might be surprised, the fact of a real MMO on consoles alone and the game being high quallity will make this game the most succesfull MMO since WoW..   If the quallity is right, people willpay for a game..  And so far the enthralling immersiveness of the game seems to work for a whole truckload of people..

There is not going to be any f2p any time soon....   

Wow....you are a very funny person. Unless you meant this. Then, well....man...now I am sad.

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

Buy your game directly from Zenimax and play right freaking now.  

I'll pass, ty. Waiting for Free-To-Play, which Im sure will happen very soon

Its not even launched yet, and console version is out in June. Whats the definition of soon :P

Are they going to give those boxed copies away free?