Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO is using Hero Engine afterall...

124»

Comments

• rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock
    When beta testing, SWTOR is all I could think about - my nord run animations even look like SWTOR jedi running - they both run like they have sticks up their butts or lower lumbar pain.

does how your character run or w/e really determine the quality of a game? superficial dicks lol...been playing Rust and not for the damn graphics..or aesthetics or other b/s arguments...is it fun? does it sate that MMo longing you have? if it does..great...it doesn't for me due to its complete themepark nature but the engine it's running is least of your problems..worry about whether or not what you want is to quest forever...cuz thats what you do in themeparks.. I wish the game well, i've played every ES game since Arena...but, its the same ole shit

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by reeereee
    Originally posted by Knotwood
    Originally posted by reeereee

2) Zenimax has really really bad lawyers and they found themselves being contractually obligated to post a hero engine advertisement that makes it look like they're running the hero engine even though they haven't used it for years.

they were legaly obligated to put that starting screen on the game the second they decided to use hero engine in any stage of their development.   they knew it was going to have to be posted up there, if it wasn't, they would be sued by hero engine for breaking their agreement with them.  That simple. 

Lets use common sense here. we know it was used in the very first stages of the development.

Which means their lawyers are terrible if they couldn't negotiate a clause preventing an engine they haven't used anywhere other than the earliest stage of development to take credit for the game.

Or they just weren't worried about it...

Eh, there might be something too that.  The contract was probably negotiated before the hero engine became the most stigmatized engine in mmo history.

• intiorizedintiorized Member UncommonPosts: 143

guys i really try to follow this conversation. And i dont want to interrupt you again but as long as i have fun with the game, which i do because i tested it a lot, it´s okay and i dont mind what engine they used...

Also from a legal perspective: If they used this hero engine in any way, they have to mention that in a way a customer will recognize it. So even if they just used it to get an idea how to design the game, they used the immaterial property rights (in form of the licensed hero engine) for their own usage what made them obligate to reveal which software/licenses they used. 

http://www.northlanders.rocks

1st German Crowfall Guild

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    I see 100+ on my screen when doing a siege and have good preformence but DAMN no chat bubbles, what a crappy engine.
  • HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

Originally posted by Iselin

Originally posted by Baikal Strange..... When I load up I get Bethesda...then Zenimax Online, then Havok. I see absolutely no reference at for for "Powered by Hero Engine" at all. Love to see a screen shot of it.....
    You only see it on a new install, not the splash screens on load... and it's a new thing.

When I originally installed my beta client a few months back, it didn't say that. But I just re-installed clean about a week ago to get it on my faster SSD and I saw it at install only.

I have no idea what it means...it's got enough Hero still for install credits but not for launch credits? I guess if anyone is interested they can read the Hero lease contract fine print and find out why it needs to be mentioned in one and not the other, 

That's fair then, but at this late date, having spent time playing in the beta, personally, I don't give a damn, and I'm a little surprised that anyone else would be either...oh wait...mmorpg.com I'm not surprised at all.

Better find a roof, because the sky is falling quickly.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by Baikal

Strange.....

When I load up I get Bethesda...then Zenimax Online, then Havok. I see absolutely no reference at for for "Powered by Hero Engine" at all. Love to see a screen shot of it.....

You only see it on a new install, not the splash screens on load... and it's a new thing.

When I originally installed my beta client a few months back, it didn't say that. But I just re-installed clean about a week ago to get it on my faster SSD and I saw it at install only.

I have no idea what it means...it's got enough Hero still for install credits but not for launch credits? I guess if anyone is interested they can read the Hero lease contract fine print and find out why it needs to be mentioned in one and not the other, 

It could mean anything from they're still using some underlying systems from Hero, they're using their own heavily modified version of hero, or they simply had to use it because they built the initial game around it. It wouldn't be far from the norm to call a heavily modified version of an engine a new engine. They did that with Skyrim as an example if I remember correctly.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    When I ran the credits near the very end it did say powered by hero engine.  With about a paragraph of legal stuff included.  Yes I know it's not all that important but I'm taking a break from playing another mmo and have nothing better to do at the moment.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Originally posted by Maurgrim
    I see 100+ on my screen when doing a siege and have good preformence but DAMN no chat bubbles, what a crappy engine.

A+ for trying to get chat bubbles added to the game. LOL

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Knotwood, that was sarcasm on his part stop attacking guys on your side.

Also: For me personally it isn't them using an engine or another but the fact that they lied about it.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by Dihoru

Also: For me personally it isn't them using an engine or another but the fact that they lied about it.

LOL!

....lied.../me rolls eyes and moves on

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

I dint think there was sides.  Just opinions...  They never lied about the game engine, they announced from day one they were using heros engine in the very first stage in their development and then switching it over to its own engine just like Skyrim.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Knotwood, that was sarcasm on his part stop attacking guys on your side. Also: For me personally it isn't them using an engine or another but the fact that they lied about it.

but did they lie?

Not to derail..although i think it's beyond that, but whats 'the point' of this game..i mean is 1 faction gonna conquer the world? is anything gonna be changed in the world PVE wise?..i mean, is anything gonna actually happen? trading emperor rights? is that it? if there isn't any function to a thing it's useless...this is a fact. keeps for AH? lol k...not good enough. i was a sucker that hyped this game a yr or 2 ago...now i see, but i'm a burnt themepark vet...so w/e
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    the characters run like they have sticks up thier butts with the Hero engine - SWTOR and ESO look exactly the same - when running you look like you have a stick up your rear
  • GaeluianGaeluian Member UncommonPosts: 114

ZOMG! it'z gotz the HERO engine! gotta cancel my pre-order!

Seriously, does it really matter? game runs fine even with a packed server.

blind people be blind..yep, engines the problem..or maybe you just need to find a problem...i've spoken my view on the game, nothing to do with the engine, anything can run great properly optimized, but you'll ignore that and rant..cuz thats whats these forums are for anyway
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by rogue187
    Not to derail..although i think it's beyond that, but whats 'the point' of this game..i mean is 1 faction gonna conquer the world? is anything gonna be changed in the world PVE wise?..i mean, is anything gonna actually happen? trading emperor rights? is that it? if there isn't any function to a thing it's useless...this is a fact. keeps for AH? lol k...not good enough. i was a sucker that hyped this game a yr or 2 ago...now i see, but i'm a burnt themepark vet...so w/e

Have no idea what you are talking about...but have fun with whatever you said.

1.  Not a true themepark

2.  If you are not an ES fan to start with...you don't get it...from the start

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

So get a refund or STFU...it is what is
This discussion has been closed.