Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

20 Reason to buy Elder Scrolls Online (Video)

Comments

• DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Great vid, really enjoyed watching it. Hope you put some more of them together once the game launches.
  • ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Fantastic video!  I hope that you post many more.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by drewzu
    Thanks for the comparison with WS. I had not had a chance to play in that beta but the advertising made it look interesting.

Yes those 40 seconds of watching WS on his video would surely make me interested in the game. There isn't anything on youtube about it at all. /sigh

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by mbd1968
    Each to there own... this is why we all like different things as half the reasons given in the video are why I will not be buying,

I would be interested in which reasons you have the opposite position on. A lot of what I list is personal taste, but some I think can be said to be strengths compared to weaknesses I feel are part of mmos as a whole such as with immersion.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

Great video, see you Sunday morning.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
    Originally posted by Husvik

Alas I am on a budget so i got the standard edition from GMG so I have to wait till late 31st early 1st, and its the box version so factor postal efficiency into that. Still, no rush, I will take my time with this as I do will all mmos, I'll be the one mucking about in town or chatting in zone chat for hours, taking screenshots of sunsets.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by zevni78
    Originally posted by Husvik

Alas I am on a budget so i got the standard edition from GMG so I have to wait till late 31st early 1st, and its the box version so factor postal efficiency into that. Still, no rush, I will take my time with this as I do will all mmos, I'll be the one mucking about in town or chatting in zone chat for hours, taking screenshots of sunsets.

Good post and video ..impressed with your insights

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Nice video and agreed with most. Like someone said I also never felt the immersion. Feels to much like a empty world to much of the time. Reviews are nice they give us an idea yet one should never just make this the reason they toss away money. Again this is what he sees. You will be in game and wondering "a where was he standing and saw all that?" :p

Playing the game we all had a chance and then get past level 10 you get a idea of what might happen later on and hope. The fans of Elder Scrolls have not been happy. Its like some of the best parts that have been with the Elder Scrolls has been cut out. Yet again you never know what they might put in later on.

Did you read the part "unfinished, still beta, early access alpha so on when you paid $60? Then don't give others a hard time when they expect polished, finished for the most part and so on. When you start ask them "is this still an alpha build or beta"? They will say NO. So what part of NO to you still means your happy some quests still dont work parts later on not even in to this very day. You read a few forums and take that as fact yet you don't seek out sources that have 1st hand knowledge.

Your only seeing what you want.

• carpalcarpal Member UncommonPosts: 99
    The video he used was from the one that Zenimax released on crafting.
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

A very good video indeed, but what a great presenter too!   Calm, reasoned tone, unobtrusive background music and 100% focussed on what he was saying and - gasp! - he acted as if he was talking to an audience who had a brain cell.

What a change from the fake-crayzeeeeee kidults who yammer at a loud, annoying pitch of voice, interspersing everything they say with um ,er, f**k' or s**t every other word they say.  Some "reviewers" apparently only want us to watch them trying to look cool, set against a backdrop of all their boxed games and tacky computer game memorabilia.

This guy set the Gold Standard for video presentation in my opinion.

I'm blushing. I find most semi amateur game presenters forgettable at best, I must admit I am curious as to these really bad ones, they could teach me what to avoid. (one name springs to mind but I better not mention him here) Thanks for appreciating the music, alas my editing software didn't. Now I just need to come up with something else like this as it turns out to be far more popular than anything else I do. Maybe the 20 reasons I eat Marmite?

I felt like I came across too stiff and I need to develop a more casual manner, but I won't be swearing, as I am aiming at the untapped "people who just want some insight and not desperate attempts at faking a personality" bracket,  which I feel is over saturated.

Thanks again to all on this forum, I get a lot of ideas from the issues raised here, and hope to turn posts I would make into further episodes.

Originally posted by JHenry

Agree. Also, face cam is getting mandatory. Instead of focusing on the game itself, you're focusing on the video presenter on how he shakes his hands in the air while telling something about the game.

I prefer to remain a voice, its distracting knowing others can see you when playing live, and the game's avatars are better looking than me anyway. In this video its best to show images relating to the issues, and it keeps the visuals consistent, and is good editing practice. But i guess the use of cam helps to humanize the presenter, i hope to join a podcast show with others eventually, thats when it makes sense.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Originally posted by zevni78

Hi, thought I'd make a short video listing and analyzing the reasons I surprised myself by getting ESO, something I had no intention of doing so until recently.

Great video, not only the content of the 20 reasons but also the editing and choice of background music.

And last but not least you have a very nice clear voice who knows how to use it effective. Great Voice acting.

Are you doing similar things professional ?

Thank you for the video and I agree with most of your 20 reasons.

edit: ups....21 =)

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Originally posted by carpal
    The video he used was from the one that Zenimax released on crafting.

Looked like over 10 of the ones they have on their website and some ones I don't think I seen before.

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Video gave me an ESOgasm :D
  • icemanateeicemanatee Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Wow, amazing video. Definitely making me think twice about purchasing the game. Great work!
  • DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Great points, I thoroughly agree. I was going to wait a few months before purchase and see how things worked out but you gave me just enough reasons to delve in early.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO. 

• RedCurryRedCurry Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Really well done, enjoyed it. I've already preordered awhile back, but I'll use this vid to recruit friends on the fence.
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Loved your first video and I was thrilled to see you created another one.  As I told you before my friend you are very talented and continue the great work.  
      OMG I am Ancient!
    Originally posted by spizz

Great video, not only the content of the 20 reasons but also the editing and choice of background music.

And last but not least you have a very nice clear voice who knows how to use it effective. Great Voice acting.

Are you doing similar things professional ?

I am in the process of becoming a professional freelance podcaster, machinima maker and perhaps voice over artist, I am focusing on finding a nique in the mmo world for now, its really early days, I've even been giving singing a try in the last week (no idea how thats going to turn out).

I was an animation filmmaker but carpel tunnel killed that career, I gamed while building a web design business and decided to try machinma as it wont be as intensive on the wrists, I will be using Everquest Next, but until then I am testing my voice and editing on this videos.

• Castielle101Castielle101 Member CommonPosts: 81

Great video! If I hadn't already purchased the game, I'd purchase it again!

Cas

Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Sorry OP but I didn't like your video, you contributed to the THIS MMO VS THAT MMO crowd, and I don't like that.

Also, I don't like how reasons 1-10 were pretty much things you could like or say about any MMO, for instance, which view perspective you play from, or that you prefer a certain graphic style. 

While I understand the video was an opinion piece, I respectfully think your opinion was a bit slanted.

Originally posted by Mpfive
    Video gave me an ESOgasm :D

As long as I don't have to clean it up...

Originally posted by DelCabon
    Great points, I thoroughly agree. I was going to wait a few months before purchase and see how things worked out but you gave me just enough reasons to delve in early.

I was going to wait to, partly to see how fast ZOS bring out the updates, patches and new content, and mainly as I wanted to start with the thieves guild already in, but I kept thinking of the the features ESO has and how I can't enjoy other mmos right now as I miss them from the betas.

Originally posted by Azmodeus
    Loved your first video and I was thrilled to see you created another one.  As I told you before my friend you are very talented and continue the great work.  

You mean my Core of the Lore ep. 1?  If so Are you interested in any ESO work I do then? (rather than Everquest or possibly Rift) That first video didn't get much attention, and I after watching it again due to your comment I see loads of flaws in its production, which somehow I didn't make this time. I guess I got the sound balance right at last. I was going to focus on audiobooks but people seem to like this format, though I will need a lot more original ESO footage next time. I will have to record a lot of my game footage at launch I guess.

Originally posted by Castielle101

Great video! If I hadn't already purchased the game, I'd purchase it again!

Cas

This made me lol, thank you.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Sorry OP but I didn't like your video, you contributed to the THIS MMO VS THAT MMO crowd, and I don't like that.

Also, I don't like how reasons 1-10 were pretty much things you could like or say about any MMO, for instance, which view perspective you play from, or that you prefer a certain graphic style. 

While I understand the video was an opinion piece, I respectfully think your opinion was a bit slanted.

I admit it was really about where my tastes are right now, but it was interesting how Wildstar had me sold for so long due to its great marketing and ESO seemed a lost cause as ZOS seem incapable of timing and presenting new information or anticipating public responses to their decisions. All this changed when I simply played both in their respective betas, I didn't know what I wanted till I began questing and simply controlling my character, and one felt smooth and intuitive, the other awkward and dated.

The art style and retical I brought up weren't just single points and I frequently argue against realism for stylized myself, it was how they made sense when combined with the other features, leading to a whole experience, as Wildstar tries to with its art style and humor, but has too many old mmo mechanics that get in the way for me. If you can look past UI and controls like that thats fine, as I said in an earlier post I could have a few years ago, but my tastes have changed, and I feel ESO is a better combined product.

As to my "slant" it does have subjectively as its based on what I experience in beta, but I did research and both games, listed their features and noted pros and cons of both. I just came to a decision that was right for me and I have no illusions that it will apply to everyone, but I didn't misrepresent either game as far as know. "Slanted" implies a static bias, I changed my mind and explained why.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I agree 100% with every single point in the video.  This is a good review video too :D
  • shadylurkershadylurker Member Posts: 47
    1. This video touches on subjects and only emphasizes possible strengths while ignoring it's weaknesses
    2. The circle jerk is forever strong.

Honestly All your points can be debated.  The graphics are about on par with Age of conan which came out in 2009 yet AOC has a longer draw distance, ect.  The voice acting is ok, sometimes it BREAKS immersion.  i could go on and on...

I mean circle jerk all you want.

Just do it alone. in the confines of your home.

The only people who are joining the circle jerk are fans already and wouldnt disagree unless someone paid them with another form of shiny.

FYI i pre ordered.  lets just not be delusional amongst ourselves.

It plays nothing like ES games of the past. The lighting is decent. textures and animations are sub par.  It's the same hamster wheel quest grind hub mode as all mmo's of the past, ect. ect. ect. ect.

PULL YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.