Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

20 Reason to buy Elder Scrolls Online (Video)

zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Hi, thought I'd make a short video listing and analyzing the reasons I surprised myself by getting ESO, something I had no intention of doing so until recently.

Comments

• drewzudrewzu Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the comparison with WS. I had not had a chance to play in that beta but the advertising made it look interesting.
  • SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Great points and pretty much the same reasons I pre-ordered.

• DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Great video.
  • MMOPlayaMMOPlaya Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Great video, and good insight.  Enjoyed it!
  • WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Spot on, you named pretty much all the reasons I am going to be playing.
  • ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319

I only need one reason to play.

'Its Elderscroll'. image

• War_MachineWar_Machine Member Posts: 22
    I was on the fence but this video sealed it for me. I'm going to give it a shot. Thank you.

Get busy living, or get busy dying. That's it.

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Nty, you can only give some thing or someone so many chances before it becomes tiresome and this is what happened in my case for eso , just a sub par game imo

Witty & Wicked >:)

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Great vid!
  • ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Originally posted by War_Machine
    I was on the fence but this video sealed it for me. I'm going to give it a shot. Thank you.

+1 I hope you enjoy it as much as I have so far.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Great video.  Spot on and matches my experiences as well across the board.
  • PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Great video - I agree with the OP 100%
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Originally posted by drewzu
    Thanks for the comparison with WS. I had not had a chance to play in that beta but the advertising made it look interesting.

Its very much a matter of taste, though I like Wildstar as an IP, and the advertizing is genius, I am just done with quest text and WoW type character controls and bloated UI. Five Yrs ago I would have loved it, so try the beta if you can.

[mod edit]

Originally posted by Zalmon

I only need one reason to play.

'Its Elderscroll'. image

I don't buy an mmo for it's IP after STO, that's why I had to be so thorough is the listing of ESO's features, and the brand necessarily doesn't mean it will feel like the single player games to you, (though eventually it did for me, may it do so for you).

Originally posted by War_Machine

I am surprised at how many people in other forums have been persuaded by this video to take the plunge (I really hope it works out for you) This was more an explanation as to why I bought it despite how very critical and skeptical I have been of Zenimax's marketing of the game, and to explain to my 5 subscribers why I will be covering ESO as well as Everquest Next now. 

And to all those that said such positive things about it, thank you all! It makes the pain to edit this together in glitchy Lightworks (I can't afford Premiere) worth it.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I agree with just about everything in this video. 

There Is Always Hope!

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    To the OP, well done.  I have already decided to play, but watching the video and hearing all of the good things the game has to offer just psyches me up for launch.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Each to there own... this is why we all like different things as half the reasons given in the video are why I will not be buying,
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Well done! +1
    Isaiah 41:10
  • SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Excellent video!  Agreed with pretty much all of his reasons.
  • KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

Best video I ever seen on this game.  This is the video people should watch if they want to know the true view on this game.

• AvulAvul Member Posts: 196
    Best video so far and I agree 100%. Ed Core is always right! I can't wait for Sunday. I will spend at least 3-4 hours in the character creation to find my perfect alter ego.

Elite: Dangerous - Space Exploration & Trading.

• NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Excellent video in generally.
  • scopy60scopy60 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    very nice video i love it :)

• JHenryJHenry Member Posts: 188
    Watched it, liked it, and subscribed!

SOLA - www.solaguild.com
    (christian guild. Being christian is not required for membership though)

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

A very good video indeed, but what a great presenter too!   Calm, reasoned tone, unobtrusive background music and 100% focussed on what he was saying and - gasp! - he acted as if he was talking to an audience who had a brain cell.

What a change from the fake-crayzeeeeee kidults who yammer at a loud, annoying pitch of voice, interspersing everything they say with um ,er, f**k' or s**t every other word they say.  Some "reviewers" apparently only want us to watch them trying to look cool, set against a backdrop of all their boxed games and tacky computer game memorabilia.

This guy set the Gold Standard for video presentation in my opinion.

• JHenryJHenry Member Posts: 188
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

A very good video indeed, but what a great presenter too!   Calm, reasoned tone, unobtrusive background music and 100% focussed on what he was saying and - gasp! - he acted as if he was talking to an audience who had a brain cell.

What a change from the fake-crayzeeeeee kidults who yammer at a loud, annoying pitch of voice, interspersing everything they say with um ,er, f**k' or s**t every other word they say.  Some "reviewers" apparently only want us to watch them trying to look cool, set against a backdrop of all their boxed games and tacky computer game memorabilia.

This guy set the Gold Standard for video presentation in my opinion.

Agree. Also, face cam is getting mandatory. Instead of focusing on the game itself, you're focusing on the video presenter on how he shakes his hands in the air while telling something about the game.

SOLA - www.solaguild.com
    (christian guild. Being christian is not required for membership though)