Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about AvA

AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252

Hello there,

unfotunately I was not able to try AvA in the beta. I wonder if AvA includes some sort of progression system like realm ranks and realm abilities in DAoC.

If yes, is there a website with in-depth information?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Asariasha

Hello there,

unfotunately I was not able to try AvA in the beta. I wonder if AvA includes some sort of progression system like realm ranks and realm abilities in DAoC.

Thanks in advance.

Elder Scrolls Online is adapting the realm rank structure from DAoC in the form of “alliance ranks”. Lead PvP developer Brian Wheeler suggested they are considering a starting point of 23 alliance ranks at launch. While I hope the progression curve to achieving these ranks is as steep as in DAoC, I do not expect the benefits of alliance rank progression to be as substantial for several reasons. Firstly, the system in DAoC was hugely unbalanced; fights against high realm rank opponents were unfair contests and such disparity is extremely unpopular in the modern genre. Secondly; PvE progression in DAoC was far less competitive than it will likely be in ESO. The usefulness of DAoC’s realm abilities was tremendous, even in PvE, since many RAs granted either passive benefits or active powers that were equally effective against NPC opponents. If ZeniMax were to incorporate a similar realm rank system into ESO, it would force hardcore raiders to prioritize PvP advancement in order to be maximally effective. That being said, I personally hope that ESO’s alternate advancement is not only useful within Cyrodiil, since their overarching design philosophy seems intent on removing artificial barriers between different types of game content.

Everything you need to know can be found here:

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2013/03/eso-daoc-legacy-2/

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Thank you very much!
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by Asariasha

Hello there,

Thanks in advance.

Elder Scrolls Online is adapting the realm rank structure from DAoC in the form of “alliance ranks”. Lead PvP developer Brian Wheeler suggested they are considering a starting point of 23 alliance ranks at launch. While I hope the progression curve to achieving these ranks is as steep as in DAoC, I do not expect the benefits of alliance rank progression to be as substantial for several reasons. Firstly, the system in DAoC was hugely unbalanced; fights against high realm rank opponents were unfair contests and such disparity is extremely unpopular in the modern genre. Secondly; PvE progression in DAoC was far less competitive than it will likely be in ESO. The usefulness of DAoC’s realm abilities was tremendous, even in PvE, since many RAs granted either passive benefits or active powers that were equally effective against NPC opponents. If ZeniMax were to incorporate a similar realm rank system into ESO, it would force hardcore raiders to prioritize PvP advancement in order to be maximally effective. That being said, I personally hope that ESO’s alternate advancement is not only useful within Cyrodiil, since their overarching design philosophy seems intent on removing artificial barriers between different types of game content.

Everything you need to know can be found here:

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2013/03/eso-daoc-legacy-2/

I dont think we will see a realm point system,  if you look carefully, you will see its part of the skillpoint system...   

Actually the skill point system is a combination of an AA system and a RP system and a normall skillsystem

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)