Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thank god the NDA is lifted

RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

I was in beta 6-7 months, played about 2 weeks worth....realized this game is on rails like no other game Ive played...sure you can do different things, but they are all hubs where, once again, you are on rails.  If you like linear, this is perfect for you.  If you like annoyingly goofy, this is for you.  If the most exciting part of a game for you is the platform-esque parts....this is the game for you.  It's just bad...

there, Im done...been dying to say this for a VERY long time

Comments

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    lol, Ive been in ESO beta for about 4 months and although I do think it's marginally better, I won't be getting that game either...so no, not a fan boi....it just killed me that Wildstar was being hyped as the second coming [mod edit]

• sugarbear78664sugarbear78664 Member Posts: 36
    To the OP, all I can say is ....your  a genius, everything u said is sooooooo true. Quest hub to quest hub to quest hub. PVP. Quest hub to quest hub to house. sums it up
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Have to agree with the OP. One of the worst mmos I have ever played.  
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Very much agree. Might just be me, but I was never really having any fun while playing Wildstar. 

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• SuperchieftianSuperchieftian Member Posts: 88

Going to chime in here and say that Wildstar has been a huge let down.

Quests are boring to death.

Paths are a waste of time and bring nothing new to the table (I actually had more fun ignoring paths).

All classes are the same exact thing with the exception of different telegraphs when it comes to DPS (Same with heals, but at least it has some difference)

Floating combat. Nothing needed to say more here.

PVP is boring and a joke. Warplots are just a mess and should be avoided.

40 man raids? Yes, I want to group up with 39 other people to waste more time. Not to mention most of the raid gear looks like a joke.

If I wanted to play WoW, I would go play WoW. And I don't want to play WoW.

Edit: I did like housing a bit, but instanced housing is just crap.

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by Superchieftian

Going to chime in here and say that Wildstar has been a huge let down.

Quests are boring to death.

Paths are a waste of time and bring nothing new to the table (I actually had more fun ignoring paths).

All classes are the same exact thing with the exception of different telegraphs when it comes to DPS (Same with heals, but at least it has some difference)

Floating combat. Nothing needed to say more here.

PVP is boring and a joke. Warplots are just a mess and should be avoided.

40 man raids? Yes, I want to group up with 39 other people to waste more time. Not to mention most of the raid gear looks like a joke.

If I wanted to play WoW, I would go play WoW. And I don't want to play WoW.

Edit: I did like housing a bit, but instanced housing is just crap.

+1  Anyone who's actually looking forward to 40 man raids clearly never spent much time raiding in vanilla WoW.  It was a complete nightmare to build and maintain a reliable 40 man team for raiding.  

There's a reason that Blizz moved to the 10 / 25 and soon to be 20 person raid format.   

• AmatalAmatal Member UncommonPosts: 184

Sadly i have to agree. I was looking forward to it, but when i actually got some play time with it i found it as boring as hell.

for a game that hypes itself up on being super perky and bubbly and fun, it just fell completely flat in all departments.

It was just not fun to play at all.

Seeing i am not really interested in TESO, i guess it will be a looong wait to see if EQnext will be any good at all when it finally gets released as neither of the 2014 big releases seem to be worth the time or the hype they are getting.

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Yup, game is a huge disappointment to me also. I had been waiting for this game so bad, but after playing it for almost a year, no thanks. It's the same Themepark grind I've done over and over.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    You waited months to tell us the game has quest hubs and its not for you? Thanks I guess....
  • SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    I'm really surprised by all of this.  Have had a ton of fun in WildStar.  Can't wait for release.  Love the combat system, love the content, love the humor and graphics.  Questing is standard fare but hey, it can't all be perfect ;).
  • TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
     Everyone else said what i already think except for one thing, the combat animations are pretty bland that makes it worse than vanilla wow. Gonna be skipping this and ESO although i think the latter is slightly better. I do like the telegraphs but bottom line another themepark with a few new-ish features tacked on its just a re run except this one has blue.....big whoop.
  • RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Greymantle4
    You waited months to tell us the game has quest hubs and its not for you? Thanks I guess....

I aim to please :P

• KaiyeKaiye Member UncommonPosts: 31

Everyone has different views - I actually enjoyed the beta! 

Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, just make sure you arn't speaking for everyone while you do it.  :)

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    The personality is infectious, but that can only get you so far....I lost interest after I started PvP and it felt like the same old grind once again....I really wanted to like this game.
  • NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Hmmm....

I suspected this game wasn't for me, but reading the different comments and reviews around the 'net, makes it sound worse than I thought.

• tmann50tmann50 Member UncommonPosts: 70

The huge raids in EQ1 were the best...been missing them for many years

• DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by Randayn

The real question is how does it feel to go 6-7 months being disappointed by this game, 4 in ESO and now you'll be sitting around holding your breath for EQ. Sounds like one continual, ongoing, massive disappointment for you...gotta suck that no developer wants to create a game that you would enjoy, I don't know if I could just sit around waiting for something to happen.

/shrug

• ApolloZenApolloZen Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Daessar

The real question is how does it feel to go 6-7 months being disappointed by this game, 4 in ESO and now you'll be sitting around holding your breath for EQ. Sounds like one continual, ongoing, massive disappointment for you...gotta suck that no developer wants to create a game that you would enjoy, I don't know if I could just sit around waiting for something to happen.

/shrug

Some people think that SWG (pre nge/cu) game with top end graphics, a dynamic skill based action combat system, completely player generated content, full voice acting, top notch story telling...etc etc game is coming. It isn't.

I waited for a replacement for DAoC (no ESO is garbage, if you think its DAoC 2.0 you either were bad at DAoC or never played it, and just evoke it because you think it will attract people, AvA is buggy, clunky, terrible mess that lacks basic functionality - and certain types of CC - that allowed RvR to work...not to mention healing is broken and vapid in that game...wtf were they thinking). It never came.

I waited for a replacement to SWG (pre nge/cu). It never came.

Closest I see is Star Citizen (which I'm cautiously giddy about).

Difference is? I played, WoW and enjoyed it for awhile for what it was. I enjoyed Secret World for awhile for what it was. I enjoyed SWTOR immensely for a while for what it was (Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior and Agent story were great). My friends and I laughed at dumb/buggy shit the whole way through a slew of MMOs which "didn't live up to the hype".

If you get 4-6 months out of a game. I call that more than fucking worth it. Single player games are 60$ for like 12-20 hours. Fuck a pack of beer is almost the same price as a monthly sub, barely lasts me a day. A movie ticket IS the same price as a fucking sub for a 2.5 hour piece of shit on screen.

Now? Even if Star Citizen is that game, I just don't have the time to sink into it the way I would want anyway. 

Grab your friends,and approach your games less seriously. And you won't spend the next decade in perpetual disappointment waiting for that game that isn't coming.

Will Wildstar hold be for more than a few months? Maybe, maybe not, but I can tell that I'll get a few months of enjoyment out of it which is worth it to me. Its probably the only decent thing on the horizon anyway (other than Star Citizen - crosses fingers)...it helps I guess that I enjoy small scale/arcade PvP, likely from playing Quake Live/CS 1.6 (and I've accepted nothing will ever control as well as CS 1.6...ever) so much. And Wildstar's Arenas are probably its best feature (dungeons are amazing when you clear them the first time, Adventurers are good for a few runs...I've never enjoyed raiding), so again, I'll definitely get a few months. 

Quest hubs don't kill it for me. I honestly couldn't care what it is I'm grinding while listening to music/talking with friends (in a sandbox it'd be farming something other than quest hubs but grinding nonetheless).

• IvidnaelaxIvidnaelax Member UncommonPosts: 67

I was in beta 6-7 months, played about 2 weeks worth....realized this game is on rails like no other game Ive played...sure you can do different things, but they are all hubs where, once again, you are on rails.  If you like linear, this is perfect for you.  If you like annoyingly goofy, this is for you.  If the most exciting part of a game for you is the platform-esque parts....this is the game for you.  It's just bad...

there, Im done...been dying to say this for a VERY long time

I played this last weekend and I was looking for some substance, something to keep me playing, but I couldn't find anything to grab me. Yes, I know it is a beta, but come on, give me depth, give me something to look forward to each time I login. Alas, I couldn't find anything from this game. People want to bash ESO, well at least ESO has depth, has a story, it may not be perfect, heck far from it, but it is far superior to Wildstar.

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    Originally posted by Satsunoryu
    I'm really surprised by all of this.  Have had a ton of fun in WildStar.  Can't wait for release.  Love the combat system, love the content, love the humor and graphics.  Questing is standard fare but hey, it can't all be perfect ;).

Same feelings here :)

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

I have to agree as well, WS was a disappointment. I played beta for a few hours and it made me quit sooner than WoW would have. I'm not really looking forward to ESO either, probably check it out when it goes F2P and take it as a SP experience, just like SWOTR.

Just give me ArcheAge and Black Desert already.

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    I m waiting for ArcheAge too, but until then or at least until WoD, imo Wildstar is the best i can play.  At least from what i have seen from the beta. I liked it way more than TESO or most of the games already in the market. So Wildstar it is :)
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Yeah if you are waiting for a game with an interesting levelling experience (via open world and questing) then you are in for a bad time with both upcoming releases.

Wildstar is traditional quests and ESO has possibly the worst quest writers known to man.

If you want a game that does instanced PvP and PvE well, then Wildstar is that game.

If you want a game that does GW2 WvW better than GW2, then ESO is that game.

If you want a meaningful and interesting levelling experience via the open world, then you'll need to wait for something else to come along, because they both suck at it.

Thankfully Wildstar hasn't nerfed the XP from everything else aside from questing, so you can jump straight into PvP at level 6 (basically as soon as you get off the noob ship) and then into adventures at 15 and dungeons at 20.  I think you need to finish the first zone after you leave the ship, but then you are free to avoid the rest if quest hubs aren't your thing.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Amatal

Sadly i have to agree. I was looking forward to it, but when i actually got some play time with it i found it as boring as hell.

for a game that hypes itself up on being super perky and bubbly and fun, it just fell completely flat in all departments.

It was just not fun to play at all.

My feelings exactly

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I agree game was just not fun at all and damn it was really hard for me to get out of first area. The zones are tiny, scientist path was awfully dull, quests were all kill x of y. I wanted to make it to the first dungeon but couldn't push myself, if PvE content is all this game has going for its worth the leveling experience.The 40 man raids are cool and all when I think back we were set back months due to people leaving, and always would start 30 minutes later cause of people being late.