Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 million registered beta users! 10 million users by end of year.

Comments

• KirrikKirrik Member UncommonPosts: 70
    10 million?! That is an insane number. It's never going to happen :)
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Aroukos
    Originally posted by Soki123
    Lol, really. Almost everyone I know that likes ES games, absolutely hates TESO. We all registered, we re counted in those numbers, not one of us will buy or play this game. I can 100% guarantee, we re not the only group of people, in this world, that feels this way.

Same feelings here for me and my m8's ^^

I'm the leader of "The Secret United Intergalactic MMO Player's Committee" We are 3 Trillion with a "T" member's strong and we will be playing. I can 100% guarantee that we are not the only group of beings, in this galaxy, that feels this way.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Originally posted by Kirrik
    10 million?! That is an insane number. It's never going to happen :)

At launch if they announce 2-3 million buyers, know that part 1 of the 10 million has happened.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    [mod edit]
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Knotwood

I don't buy this even for a second. 

Good luck selling that one down the river. 

Interesting choice of words...

• rochristrochrist Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by NeuroDeus

ENTIRE MARKET OF ESO:

2-3 million MMO playerse looking for a new game.

Makes a bit of sense, although you have to admit a lot of MMO players although loving their current MMO are always ready to try something else

2.8 million PC ES fans who bought Skyrim.

Not all ES fans will by ESO, actually Hardcore Skyrim Players will continue to play Skyrim

17.2 million console ES fans who bought Skyrim.

Same as above, and are we sure about the 17.2 mill?

The fact that 4.8 million Oblivion copies sold.

(All probably part of the numbers for the three above)

The fact that 4 million Morrowind copies sold.

(All probably part of the numbers for the four above)

X million of console MMO players (unknown since no MMORPG has came to them since Xbox and PS2)

(All probably part of the numbers for the five above)

X millions migrating to ESO from other games.

So Random! - X millions migrating to ESO from eating ham and cheese toast!

Yeah, this is pretty amusing actually, treating the sales for Oblivion and Morrowind as though they're entirely separate audiences instead of what is almost certainly an audiences with at  the very least, a majority overlap.

Also, too: X millions of console MMO players followed by 'unknown since they aren't any!'

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

I don't buy this even for a second. 

Interesting choice of words...

I don't think he is familiar with the term 'irony'. image

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    I adore these insanely exaggerated anticipated sales posts that precede every big MMO release. 
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Homitu
    I adore these insanely exaggerated anticipated sales posts that precede every big MMO release. 

There's "insanely exaggerated" and then there's "batshit crazy".

I think we're well past the latter here...

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Myria

There's "insanely exaggerated" and then there's "batshit crazy".

I think we need to emphasize this.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

My "uneducated" estimate is that this game will have 3-4 million players at launch and then settle around 2 million players year after.

WoW did 10+ million because they managed to drag in large new group of players (RTS gamers) who hadnt played MMOs before, RTS players didnt play MMOs before WoW but established RTS title going MMO changed that. Elder scrolls, while established title with strong following, wont pull that because RPGs and MMOs generally share same group of gamers.

Best an AAA+ mmo can hope for these days is stable 2 million.

• L3nnyGpL3nnyGp Member UncommonPosts: 153

Well it's possible!

All we can really do is wait and see what happens after launch, but I have to ask...

What other AAA MMORPG's have launched on PC's and have also included Next Gen Consoles like XB1 and PS4?

Seems like a wider target / larger population of players to me.

The possibility is there :)

• SirAoSSirAoS Member Posts: 203

Correction. My dream came true with A Realm Reborn on the Playstation. You keep acting like ESO is the only MMO on Playstation. and that we are all going to play it.

I am a CONSOLE PLAYER and i WILL NOT be playing ESO!

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Myria

There's "insanely exaggerated" and then there's "guano crazy".

Fixed it for you  ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Gel214thGel214th Member UncommonPosts: 188

I've seen this sort of exaggeration before.

Let's be clear here, the press for the game was not good initially.

As an MMO, it doesn't bring anything much to the table, and seems to have been written with old school World of Warcraft in mind. This approach reminds me of SWTOR, and what I felt playing that game. It had none of the polish and new features that I had come to expect, and from the Press, it's a similar feel with Elder Scrolls Online. 

The numbers mean nothing. Talking about 5 million Registered users is misleading, and once we confirm that the Developer's PR needs to be misleading at this point, we know there are problems. If there were 2 million Active Beta Players then they would have said so. Which means there aren't. We have no idea how many people actually played in the Beta. And of that number, how many submitted favorable Survey reports? 

The announcement is pure PR, with nothing meaningful in there beside the new subscription plans information in my view. Adding servers? Ok...how many did you have before and what were your original estimates? Were they 500,000 and now you are adding capacity for 1 million? 

Lots of fluff but we still don't know. I hope the game does well, and it probably will. But I think within a year we will have a different game, and a different subscription model...again very similar to SWTOR. 

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Lol, really. Almost everyone I know that likes ES games, absolutely hates TESO. We all registered, we re counted in those numbers, not one of us will buy or play this game. I can 100% guarantee, we re not the only group of people, in this world, that feels this way.

I don't buy this even for a second, most of those people who claim to be ES fans actually HATE the game for every single ES feature that is in it. 

Over the last year ESO has became more and more like skyrim, with first person, hands on screen, more interacable objects....  the list is endless.

True ES fans love this game,  everyone who came to forums who spouted they were some ES fan tried to say it because they wanted to add some false credibility to their statements.   Its pretty easy to tell when someone is not an ES fan,  they hate all the Skyrim features in the game.... 

You'll see on relsease that ES fans don't listen to all the BS most of the people who claim to be ES fans and hate ESO when they read WHY they hate it.   Its laughable to me that anyone who claims to hate ESO for all the reasons that make ES games so great, and think somehow that fans wont like the game for it .

It seems like Skyrim is the only benchmark you know and use when it comes to legitimizing TESO as an ES game.  Those features you listed aren't just Skyrim features, but also Morrowind and Oblivion features.   It makes it seem like you are the one that really isn't a "True ES" fan, but more like just a Skyrim bandwagon fan which makes you late to the party.  Also, those are BASIC features that should have been in the game since day one, not after beta testers told them those features needed to be in there. 

Sorry but I'm willing to bet most of us "True ES" fans are the ones who are NOT buying this game.  The only thing that says "Elder Scrolls" about this game is that they have the Khajiit race in the game and "Elder Scrolls" in the title. That's it.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by rodingo

I don't buy this even for a second, most of those people who claim to be ES fans actually HATE the game for every single ES feature that is in it. 

Over the last year ESO has became more and more like skyrim, with first person, hands on screen, more interacable objects....  the list is endless.

True ES fans love this game,  everyone who came to forums who spouted they were some ES fan tried to say it because they wanted to add some false credibility to their statements.   Its pretty easy to tell when someone is not an ES fan,  they hate all the Skyrim features in the game.... 

You'll see on relsease that ES fans don't listen to all the BS most of the people who claim to be ES fans and hate ESO when they read WHY they hate it.   Its laughable to me that anyone who claims to hate ESO for all the reasons that make ES games so great, and think somehow that fans wont like the game for it .

It seems like Skyrim is the only benchmark you know and use when it comes to legitimizing TESO as an ES game.  Those features you listed aren't just Skyrim features, but also Morrowind and Oblivion features.   It makes it seem like you are the one that really isn't a "True ES" fan, but more like just a Skyrim bandwagon fan which makes you late to the party.  Also, those are BASIC features that should have been in the game since day one, not after beta testers told them those features needed to be in there. 

Sorry but I'm willing to bet most of us "True ES" fans are the ones who are NOT buying this game.  The only thing that says "Elder Scrolls" about this game is that they have the Khajiit race in the game and "Elder Scrolls" in the title. That's it.

I have logged far more hours in TES games Morrowind and earlier than in Obliviion and Skyrim and consider myself a long term fan of the series and I am going to be playing ESO.  I have no idea how typical I am and among my friends we are about 50/50 split on ESO.

It's not that there are not things in ESO I wish where more like a traditional TES game but I'll say this.  ESO is more a Elder Scrolls game than I feared it would be but less than I had hoped.  At the end of the day that's good enough for me as I always knew there would be trade offs when making this game a MMO.  Will I put the hours into this game I put in past TES games?  I have no idea at this point but I have at least seen enough to give it a try and see how it goes.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by udon

I have logged far more hours in TES games Morrowind and earlier than in Obliviion and Skyrim and consider myself a long term fan of the series and I am going to be playing ESO.  I have no idea how typical I am and among my friends we are about 50/50 split on ESO.

It's not that there are not things in ESO I wish where more like a traditional TES game but I'll say this.  ESO is more a Elder Scrolls game than I feared it would be but less than I had hoped.  At the end of the day that's good enough for me as I always knew there would be trade offs when making this game a MMO.  Will I put the hours into this game I put in past TES games?  I have no idea at this point but I have at least seen enough to give it a try and see how it goes.

The problem with trying to judge ESO based on how much it fits with the other Elder Scrolls games is that those games have not been consistent with each other.  You can judge it against any one game fairly well, but judged against the series as a whole I find it hard to point to anything specific about ESO that someone could use to argue that it absolutely does not belong in the Elder Scrolls IP.

For the things I actually like in the series, I would say ESO feels more like an Elder Scrolls game than Skyrim did, substantially so.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by L3nnyGp

Well it's possible!

All we can really do is wait and see what happens after launch, but I have to ask...

What other AAA MMORPG's have launched on PC's and have also included Next Gen Consoles like XB1 and PS4?

Seems like a wider target / larger population of players to me.

The possibility is there :)

And what has next gen consoles got anything to do with getting 10 million players in less than a year? remember OP said 'less than a year' and you say its possible.... ehmmm not gonna happen.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Unfortunately I will never know from 1st perspective as WASD is only way of moving through game. And one of 3 bare minimum conditions for me to play at all any game is mouse used for moving as it is most possible natural thing. Two other are 3rd person view (it looks game have preference for 1st person even if configurable) and tab targeting possibly. Glad for those that will enjoy. For me for now Wow, then Swtor while waiting for Wildstar ... then guess again Wow or Swtor ...
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Everyone is laughing at this guy and we are just taking this thread to be a huge farce.

Chamber of Chains
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

I'm just gonna lay this little nugget here.

Not everyone who played ESO enjoyed it, Just because we played the beta doesnt mean we will play the actual game.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

I seriously think everyone in this thread needs to bookmark this thread for reference, and then PM the OP 6 months down the road.  Not even as an obvious "I told you so," just in attempt to bring him back to reality and provide him with a more realistic perspective going forward. 

My guess is that within a month or two of launch, OP's account will disappear and he will make a new one under a different name, to avoid exactly this scenario.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• PatchezPatchez Member Posts: 58

The thought occurred to me this morning, and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere in the thread because I stopped tracking it after 30+ pages :)

If the number of pre orders for ESO were anywhere near the OPs guesstimation, would Zeni not have been all over it in the industry press?

Surely, if ESO has pre orders running into 3, 4 or 5 million that would likely make ESO the biggest/most successful pre order PC game in history and their marketing/PR team would be making sure that everybody in the world knew about it? No?

So why haven't we heard about it?

In my experience the lack of PR over this means they have an "acceptable" number of pre orders but certainly nothing newsworthy....potentially not even as many as other recent launches such as SWTOR or GW2.....otherwise we would have heard all about how ESO tops the pre order charts etc etc.....

Just a thought....

• MsPtibiscuitMsPtibiscuit Member Posts: 164
    Originally posted by Patchez

The thought occurred to me this morning, and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere in the thread because I stopped tracking it after 30+ pages :)

If the number of pre orders for ESO were anywhere near the OPs guesstimation, would Zeni not have been all over it in the industry press?

Surely, if ESO has pre orders running into 3, 4 or 5 million that would likely make ESO the biggest/most successful pre order PC game in history and their marketing/PR team would be making sure that everybody in the world knew about it? No?

So why haven't we heard about it?

In my experience the lack of PR over this means they have an "acceptable" number of pre orders but certainly nothing newsworthy....potentially not even as many as other recent launches such as SWTOR or GW2.....otherwise we would have heard all about how ESO tops the pre order charts etc etc.....

Just a thought....

That's my though too.

If Zeni had more than 1M if pre-order, I think it would already be known in every gaming magazine. When GW2 became the fastest selling MMORPG at release, it was advertized everywhere

This discussion has been closed.