Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The bottom line Elders Scrolls or Wildstar ? ( poll )

124»

Comments

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Both are different thats for sure. Seems more and more are going for that easy mmo so looks like ESO could do ok.

Not as many got to try Wildstar...

There just to easy anymore. Gone are the days of killing 5 that took you 30min or more since they didnt drop every time. Now its like your a trained chimp. Just hit the right keys and they will give you a prize.

The ripoff is if they sell a box you pay the same price for downloading. So you really just gave them $60 for 30 days. haha it cost nothing to make a copy. Yeah the box is not much better. Now you just got ta get that 50+ gig game downloaded.

Hey its your money.. just THINK before you spend. These guys are not your best friends and only thinking of you. Its about you giving them money. Toss out a few nice lies and watch them come in. Weve seen it. Just like the 5 million reg beta players. WOW huh! haha. NCSOFT, Blizzard.. all the same.

The lie is telling you its your money do what you want with it.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    Originally posted by Maquiame
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    None because neither will be worth a monthly fee nor will they have any staying power.  There will be better non mmos games to play this year.

lol there will be better mmos to play this year too lol

What other mmos will be coming out this year ? 

ArcheAge and Destiny, ArcheAge is already better than both WS and TESO imo and Destiny is made by Bungie, you know, those Halo folks and Destiny is pretty much Halo the mmo, with magic and spaceships, and public events and different planets to explore. 

And yes Destiny is on the PS4, doesn't mean anything at all to me being that its being made by a company that has a track record of having better quality than any mmo maker on the market. *shrugs*

Oh yeah that's right The Division might be dropping this year as well, being made by Ubisoft, another quality game maker who is also making the racing mmo The Crew

Then you have Elite which you can play in mmo mode, its the game that those who don't want to be their ship are waiting for. An actual Eve with the ability to actually see your character and get out your ship.  Braben and co are even working on a procedural animal and plant generator for their procedurally generated planets. 

As I've said better mmos are coming out this year. Even if you are a PC fantasy mmo only snob ArcheAge is better than both ES and TESO and its practically two or three years old. Pretty sad really.

I'm sure you get my point...

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Wildstar is for the WoW kiddies.  ESO is for the DAoC veterans.  
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by unclemo

No Camelot Unchained is for the DAoC veterans. ESO is the low budget poor mans version with robot (no, seriously) voice acting

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• SperowsSperows Member Posts: 11

Eso, played WS beta weekend and

1) I just like WoW better

2) ESO on max quality runs a lot better on my PC (same with WoW)

3) skills in WS show paragraphs which is strange (my own skills)

4)  houses? Who needs a house if you can get a stronghold! (WoD) 

5) too much colours, maybe getting too old already :D

6) I enjoy much more mature game, in this case WoW, which has replayability

IMHO

P.S. Changed mind after playing WS

• OldMMOGamerOldMMOGamer Member UncommonPosts: 100

SERIOUSLY SOME DUDE IN A PREVIOUS POST SAID "NOT GOING TO PLAY ESO CAUSE IT HAS NO END GAME"  

THE HELL

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

While on paper Wildstar looks like the perfect combination of features and mechanics... its just that...  ESO feels more like a virtuall world.... and its just much more fun to play, both in PvE (i love story and immersion) and even more in PvP.

Not that Wildstar is a bad game... might even play when i got tired of ESO... Its still a fun experience... but personally i like ESO more..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450

No Camelot Unchained is for the DAoC veterans. ESO is the low budget poor mans version with robot (no, seriously) voice acting

Oh you've played Camelot Unchained and it was everything you envisioned it to be?  And you honestly thought the robot voices were the final ones and not a placeholder huh?  That's kind of funny actually.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

I got one habit/hobby in my life and thats playing games on my PC. I prefer MMO's so i voted both cause i tend to purchase most new release MMO's. 

I am not sure hyped for either of them but i will wait and see how they are, i try not to do beta's much, since i would rather wait and see the end product and judge it from that point.

In the end its gaming that matters to me and how much entertainment i am getting from the current game i am playing. No reason to be hating on a game, if i don't like it i am not sure i need to rant about it.

Lolipops !

• RiannesRiannes Member UncommonPosts: 98

This.

Camelot Unchained will be spiritual successor of DAoC IMO.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I used to think this was a slam dunk but I dunno anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn8648VGMKM&hd=1

Um speechless.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

While on paper Wildstar looks like the perfect combination of features and mechanics... its just that...  ESO feels more like a virtuall world.... and its just much more fun to play, both in PvE (i love story and immersion) and even more in PvP.

I found it to be the exact opposite.  Wildstar, despite being cartoony, manages to have a more vibrant and lively world.  ESO feels like you are stuck in a dull lifeless box.  Very disappointing considering how full of life that Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim were.

Is it just the semi-realistic graphics that helps people with immersion? I don't get it.  For me to be immersed I need the world to actually feel alive, which ESO does not.

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by Riannes

This.

Camelot Unchained will be spiritual successor of DAoC IMO.

Camelot Unchained has ZERO PvE - it's basically a DAoC MOBA.  We will see if it's fun, but it is no more of a "worthy successor" to DAoC than ESO is.