Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: All SOE Titles, Including EQN/EQNL Part of All-Access Pass

2»

Comments

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by Darwa
    Maybe it's the beer buzz, but this seems like pretty damn good news right now.

On paper yes but not when your gold account does not give you all the content,the account status is more like a pass to Disney land,means little as the actual cost will run you more.

Um, yes...a gold account does give you access to all content (besides expansions).

Unless you are going to count cash shop fluff as content, which is ridiculous.  Gold access gets you a stipend there anyway.

I dont know if you are trolling, trying to smear SoE, or just plain ignorant.

Its not like Square Enix is a saint, theyve found a way to add micro transactions to a single player, hand held game.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    $15 would be a good deal for Landmark and Next but nothing for what they have now.
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by syriinx

On paper yes but not when your gold account does not give you all the content,the account status is more like a pass to Disney land,means little as the actual cost will run you more.

Um, yes...a gold account does give you access to all content (besides expansions).

Unless you are going to count cash shop fluff as content, which is ridiculous.  Gold access gets you a stipend there anyway.

I dont know if you are trolling, trying to smear SoE, or just plain ignorant.

Its not like Square Enix is a saint, theyve found a way to add micro transactions to a single player, hand held game.

Yeah he is pretty mis informed and on top of that he is under an illusion to believe that FFXIV would give him something very different in terms of content. Even though adding new maps and monster to kills is a standard when it comes to MMO's new content..

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Do people think that gaming companies pour millions of dollars into these games for charity? Lol, of course they need to make money. It's a business, one they invested a great deal of money into. This is a great deal.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Smedley ruined SOE? He built the studio lol. Good or bad parts he pretty much is SOE.

• NergleNergle Member UncommonPosts: 253

I hate $OE, but this14.99 makes it seem like I am stealing from them this time, so I think I may subscribe to this.

One problem though, Vanguard is going bye,bye, in July.

• IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146

What is the sense of allowing access if every game needs you to spend more,this is like a grocery store telling you your saving money on the sale items ,when in reality you wouldn't be buying those anyhow and if i was i would get the entire product not half of it and have to pay more later.

IMO it is a very lame gimmick,one they must think people are really dumb to fall into.If you plan on playing their games anyhow and plan on spending money in all of them then no big deal right,but as a gimmick to entice new customers,no deal.

I pay my 15 bucks a month in FFXIV,i know exactly what i get,no hidden costs and i get 100% of the content.I also know i will get steady meaningful updates and not have to just wait for an SOE expansion which is nothing more than new maps and creatures to kill,in other words a bigger game never adding anything new or creative.

I don't think i will ever support SOE again in my lifetime,not unless a new regime takes the helm and Smedley is gone.I used to be a huge SOE advocate,i would buy anything they sold and supported them dearly,how things have changed and ONE guy made that all happen,the same guy who ruined SWG for those fans.

Bottom Line is that ONE guy Smedley has totally ruined this company,if i was the CEO of the main SOE headquarters ,Smed would have long been demoted or fired.

With the SOE All-Access deal you get all the content for each game. You get all races, classes, features, etc. Only thing you wouldn't get is exp paks and you wouldn't get that with the $15 you pay for FFXIV if they came out with an exp pak for it.

Not sure how getting a handful of games for $14.99 a month is such a bad deal. you're getting EQ, EQ2, Vanguard (till it closes), DC Universe Online, Planetside 2, etc all for just $14.99 a month.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

this is probably a nice little punch in the arm of players for the 2 older EQs as well as a good deal for people who like to dabble in more than one MMO (me included).

since i have eq2 and 1 toons and i want to play EQN (and i already am in LM paid alpha) seems like a nice chance to dust off my old toons now and then :)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451
    Originally posted by Megilindir
    SoE just confuses me sometimes.It looks like a good deal but somehow i sense that in return, i will not get any real and solid content...Just somehow they give me that feeling.

LOL, you just summed up every cell phone carrier plan in the country!

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Megilindir
    SoE just confuses me sometimes.It looks like a good deal but somehow i sense that in return, i will not get any real and solid content...Just somehow they give me that feeling.

Rest assured SOE will increase item shop prices and reduce content and features to compensate. SOE is the one company that can walk that fine line between losing customers forever and somehow keep them hanging on by a thread.

Everquest Next is the real ace in the hole and if they pull it off and add some great features it will be fantastic, but I agree with you, on one hand I say damn them, but on the other I say well they haven't done that bad and they are trying, at least unlike some companies they still have a shred of dignity and by "shred" I mean shred.....and they better be careful cause there are companies falling down all around them.

They better not get overly heavy handed and better churn out some damn good content, they gotta work for it now more than ever and that is the only time they seem to do good unfortunately. Listening to the right fans would be a good idea and having a clue and quit sitting on their bums and half ass'in it.

• SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186

This does sound like a great deal to me.

I like playing DC universe on the playstation.

I also play EQ2.

This will let me play or doodle in some other games.

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• jigo86jigo86 Member UncommonPosts: 97

well some ppl sure will use it and like it cuze they play 2-3 games of the list and are happy 

but for me its sounds like "pay bit more for games u dont even like"