Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do people actually like this game?

12345679»

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by tet666
    Originally posted by tixylix

I don't get the hype here, most people I know were bored before they even exited the tutorial.

Don't worry this is actually one of the only places ive seen so far which is mainly positive about this game the majority of gaming outlets  and forums are full of negative feedback just look at gaf or kotaku for example, strangely a lot of the negative threads here get closed and people who state a negative opinion get warned or banned.

Don't worry I don't need gaf, Kotaku or any of the so called "majority of gaming outlets" mmorpg.com included to tell me what I like and don't like.

And add to that that a lot of people post on this site under the guise that its their opinion but seems to be dressed in "its fact" and if they don't like something then obviously its bad, like they are some ultimate judge of good or bad and not that its something they just didn't like.

Case in point the post you are replying to, doesn't get the hype because most of his friends didn't like it, so him and most of the people he knows makes up the majority of the gaming population of the this planet or what?

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by Bonemane

Oddly enough I've been getting this "fascist regime" vibe myself looking at some of these posts. A lot of the people who like the game here don't seem to value opposing opinions, simply stating "if you don't like it, don't talk about it." Which is hypocritical and wrong on so many levels as I posted before as that way of thinking stops the world from advancing and leads to people losing their jobs.

The forums on mmorpg.com seem to have changed from the way it was years ago, people are getting away with a lot more useless posts and straight up flaming or cursing with no consequences. The mods were never really trained well (I remember getting warned for a post over a year after I made it and embarrassed the mod who gave the warning only to have his boss reverse it), but I don't know whats going on here now.

It's always the same with a new game. They warn/ban everyone who expresses any dislike while the fanbois get away with the worst trolling to defend their broken gaem against valid criticism.

6 month later the same fanbois start threads like "where is everyone?" and "queues suck", while the so called "vocal minority just bashing the game" obviously wasn't so minor at all..since after it left the game went F2P within a few month.

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217
    Originally posted by Volgore

Oddly enough I've been getting this "fascist regime" vibe myself looking at some of these posts. A lot of the people who like the game here don't seem to value opposing opinions, simply stating "if you don't like it, don't talk about it." Which is hypocritical and wrong on so many levels as I posted before as that way of thinking stops the world from advancing and leads to people losing their jobs.

The forums on mmorpg.com seem to have changed from the way it was years ago, people are getting away with a lot more useless posts and straight up flaming or cursing with no consequences. The mods were never really trained well (I remember getting warned for a post over a year after I made it and embarrassed the mod who gave the warning only to have his boss reverse it), but I don't know whats going on here now.

It's always the same with a new game. They warn/ban everyone who expresses any dislike while the fanbois get away with the worst trolling to defend their broken gaem against valid criticism.

6 month later the same fanbois start threads like "where is everyone?" and "queues suck", while the so called "vocal minority just bashing the game" obviously wasn't so minor at all..since after it left the game went F2P within a few month.

There's so much bullshit here it's unbelievable. Both "sides" give as good as the other.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by Adokas
    Originally posted by Volgore

There's so much bullshit here it's unbelievable. Both "sides" give as good as the other.

+1

• LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181
    The game is ok. Its an average MMO with an Elder Scrolls skin. I actually liked it a bit better with the beginning islands. For me, it made it feel a little more like an Elder Scrolls game. Once you get to the main portion of the game, there is no mistaking it for anything other than an average theme-park. I don't see how they continue with a sub long term but I am sure they will make a profit from the initial sales. I definitely won't be buying at this price.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    A very average MMO, setting itself up for the F2P it should have been in the first place.
  • BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by Bossalinie
    Originally posted by tet666
    Originally posted by tixylix

I don't get the hype here, most people I know were bored before they even exited the tutorial.

Don't worry this is actually one of the only places ive seen so far which is mainly positive about this game the majority of gaming outlets  and forums are full of negative feedback just look at gaf or kotaku for example, strangely a lot of the negative threads here get closed and people who state a negative opinion get warned or banned.

Actually...the OP threw the first punch. His post title asked a question, he got answers, only for him to reply back attacking people who didn't with him...

I only saw 3 of his posts in this thread so whatever "attacks" he might've dished out either were deleted or non-existent. Looking at the threads all over the place, people seem to be confusing an actual "counter-argument or rebuttal" with an attack. Those 3 posts the OP made never directly attacked anyone and only commented on the genre or game itself, just because he thinks the game is crap doesn't mean he's exactly saying "You have crappy taste". That's the way some of the people are taking it which makes them take it waaaaaaaaay too personally to the point where its laughable how they respond cause they either sound douchey or like they're about to cry.

If you can't respond to a counter-argument, crying attack is pretty lame in my opinion. Just leave it alone or admit you don't want to continue. That's like somebody being passive aggressive and when the other party gets mad then the passive aggressive person plays victim, totally lame. 

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock
    It's funny when people are so confused. Did you know that people are hired to come to Web pages like this and hype up games? You played it and your scratching your head because you blatantly can tell the game is horrible yet people are talking like it's great. Well you can stop scratching, those folks are paid to come onto forums and hype the game up. Just keep your money and in a few months to a year you can play it for free.

You  missed the mark. Anyone that actually tested ESO would not have created this thread...period. No head scratching involved. They might have not been a fan, but could see why other people are.

Dude I agree with you and I am not a fan never liked any elder scrolls game but that doesn't mean that I don't see the greatness of the game, I think the game is gonna be huge and have a big playerbase.

This game is gonna be a sucess and not to see that takes a blind man, I just won't be there to witness it cause it's not for me.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

If you can't respond to a counter-argument, crying attack is pretty lame in my opinion. Just leave it alone or admit you don't want to continue. That's like somebody being passive aggressive and when the other party gets mad then the passive aggressive person plays victim, totally lame. 

This is exactly what the OP did when creating this thread.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by Quicksand

This is exactly what the OP did when creating this thread.

Stating your opinion on a game isn't automatically passive aggressive. To be passive aggressive the OP would have had to had the intent of purposely putting down those who played the game, but instead of focused more on the genre and game itself along with his own experiences. People started taking it too personally, jumped down his throat called him a troll, he posted twice explaining his argument a bit more without attacking and bounced. That doesn't sound like playing victim or being passive aggressive. You might as well say starting a discussion is passive aggressive.

• AvulAvul Member Posts: 196
    2nd beta weekend for me right now and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. It's nowhere near perfect but it fulfills many of my desires and that's good. And I've got a feeling that the community ingame will be neat.. some nice people there. The kids and haters won't be there 1-2 months after release. Good times!

Elite: Dangerous - Space Exploration & Trading.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    I haven't decided if I like it or not. I like the character creation. The world is very pretty with  a wonderful array of sounds. I also like the fact that I can find and loot chests, boxes, and other containers. The rest feels like most MMO's. I may buy it, I may not. I haven't played any MMO's in at least a month (except for ESO beta and EQ Landmark), not even SWTOR (in spite of their recent announcement that they are adding housing). 
  • ReverielleReverielle Member UncommonPosts: 133

They've screwed up the starting areas so much, it's just so frustrating. 

The stupidity of that development team cannot be overstated. I enjoyed my time before, but now? No thank you. What a disappointment. 

Utterly pathetic.

• SkullESkullE Member Posts: 9

They've fixed up the starting areas so much, it's just so awesome.

The skills of that development team cannot be overstated. I enjoyed my time before, but now? Yes thank you. What a great Game.

Utterly Awesome.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Nope not interested.

The same car we have been driving for the last 10 years just a different coat of paint...

• DrinkFeckDrinkFeck Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Having spent the last couple of days playing ArcheAge RU, I have absolutely no motivation to play ESO in the slightest.
  • ldhenderson1995ldhenderson1995 Member Posts: 6

This may have been the most successful trolling to date.

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by SkullE

They've fixed up the starting areas so much, it's just so awesome.

The skills of that development team cannot be overstated. I enjoyed my time before, but now? Yes thank you. What a great Game.

Utterly Awesome.

Why are you necroing a dieing thread???? mr. 2 post about elder scrolls. 

You made your account for this rteason idk why it has said date on your account must have been a thought out plan for hype from tesos beginning.

Anyway people will have their opinions.

Mine? the game is utterly terrible its the same lure they have been using in the same pond for years with you people.

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by ldhenderson1995

This may have been the most successful trolling to date.

You too i don't want to see yalls types bringing up these threads just for hype of opinion to have the last word on a game.

You aren't fooling a damned person.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    I would say the diehard Elder Scrolls fan would not like this game where as the typical mmo gamer would. I have mixed emotions about the game to be honest.
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Even if the only information you had about TESO was "Skyrim on rails" that would be enough to never touch it. Add in the horrible combat, animation, armor, quests, class system and it's a wonder so many of you are eating up this crap. Just because you're desperate for an Elder Scrolls MMO doesn't mean you should be throwing money at any poor attempt at it.
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    I would say the diehard Elder Scrolls fan would not like this game where as the typical mmo gamer would. I have mixed emotions about the game to be honest.

if that is true than that is  a very huge chunk of player base lost to Zenimax.