Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do people actually like this game?

Comments

• ZyxxZyxx Member UncommonPosts: 49

You're asking in a ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE forum, if people actually liked it.

LOL... What did you expect.. Go home and play some Angry Birds, sounds like the game for you!

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by CazNeerg Reminds me of the stories about people after the Reagan landslide against Mondale;  "But I don't know anyone who voted for Reagan!"

lol...that's funny  :D

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    OP maybe you just need to be mature enough to know that not everyone will like the same things you do.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    It's funny when people are so confused. Did you know that people are hired to come to Web pages like this and hype up games? You played it and your scratching your head because you blatantly can tell the game is horrible yet people are talking like it's great. Well you can stop scratching, those folks are paid to come onto forums and hype the game up. Just keep your money and in a few months to a year you can play it for free.
  • arthenol366arthenol366 Member Posts: 4
    Yes people like this game... You don't like this game... that's nice. Everybody has different preferences buddy. Please play an mmo you like rather than talking about how much you hate the ones that just aren't for you. And if mmo's aren't for you, try an rpg. If that isn't for you... explain why you are on MMO RPG.com?
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock
    It's funny when people are so confused. Did you know that people are hired to come to Web pages like this and hype up games? You played it and your scratching your head because you blatantly can tell the game is horrible yet people are talking like it's great. Well you can stop scratching, those folks are paid to come onto forums and hype the game up. Just keep your money and in a few months to a year you can play it for free.

You  missed the mark. Anyone that actually tested ESO would not have created this thread...period. No head scratching involved. They might have not been a fan, but could see why other people are.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by jusomdude

You didn't like it so you assume everyone else doesn't like it either?

Hmmm.

No no no. He said 'most people he knows were bored'.

And he probably knows like 2 other people who have played it. Heck, he may know 12 people who didn't like it.

So therefore, it is easy to extrapolate that if someone actually liked the game it would be a miracle.

Don't you get that? It is air-tight logic - especially in a gaming site post.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Where the heck is my damn check? I hyped it up appropriately, obviously I'm a well planted shill for the game no doubt.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

What? Really?

Hey Zenimax! WHERE IS MY CHECK!?!?!

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

I feel the exact same way as the OP.  I haven't enjoyed an MMO since 2004-5.

I love all the ridicules answers...

Why don't you just play an mmo that you like:   That's the problem, they are non that are not cash cow garbage. All the mmos out today are companies desperate to capture wow subscriptions, so they copy every aspect down from solo quest grinding to the same item colors.

Seems like you don't like MMos:    Actually no,  we played them when the genre was actually created, and we played the games that made them popular. We know what good mmos are, and can see a cash now mmo when we see one. post wow people don't know the difference.  Those games put the genre on the map.

Over saturation and desperate money grabs clouded out any hope for  MMOs to be what they were.

They were games made for people who enjoy Massively Multiplayer online Role playing games.   not Massively Solo Cutscene Voiceover games.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    I would also like my check.  BioWare should send me one too.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• zinnikeyszinnikeys Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by Kyleran

BTW, how do I get or where do Treasure maps come from and what do they lead to?

The two I got I found in treasure chests. Not sure if they drop any other way. But they're just like the treasure maps in Skyrim. You activate them and they show you a pretty picture (your clue to the location you need to find) and an X on it to show you exactly where to look in that location once you've found it. And just like in Skyrim the treasure doesn't spawn until you have looted the map. Also each map location is inside the zone you looted the map in.

Once you find the spot, your screen will pop up with a dig menu, push E, watch your character dig into the ground and you have your treasure. Got blue gear out of both my maps, but saw some people in general chat complaining about getting greens in theirs. /shrug

• drowelfdrowelf Member UncommonPosts: 114
    The maps drop from about level 9 or so  that is were I got my first one.
  • Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264

So, what you're saying is you are on NCSoft or Carbine's payroll to come to sites such as this to trash and troll the competition.  Got it.

• KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172

I guess I can assume people are also paid to go to web pages and say exactly this or did you come up with it yourself? 

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by WellzyC

Seems like you don't like MMos:    Actually no,  we played them when the genre was actually created, and we played the games that made them popular. We know what good mmos are, and can see a cash now mmo when we see one. post wow people don't know the difference.  Those games put the genre on the map.

I hate to break it to you, but when the genre was created, it wasn't popular.  And it didn't become popular until after WoW launched, Blizzard basically single-handedly made MMOs popular, largely by being linear and solo friendly.  Note, I'm not talking about "good" games vs "bad" games, just popularity.

For clarification, I played the Realm.  I played Meridian 59,  I played UO, I played SWG.  I played EverQuest, Neocron, Anarchy Online.  These were not "popular" successes, they were niche games, very small niches.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by tixylix
    I guess the standards of the genre have slipped, just don't get this new generation of gamer who likes this shit. It isn't even a proper MMO, sad, I guess all the people who would have agreed left of boredom from this site years ago, mainly due to the lack of anything from the genre.

Wow, do you even realize how supremely arrogant you sound?   

Originally posted by CazNeerg
    Originally posted by WellzyC

I hate to break it to you, but when the genre was created, it wasn't popular.  And it didn't become popular until after WoW launched, Blizzard basically single-handedly made MMOs popular, largely by being linear and solo friendly.  Note, I'm not talking about "good" games vs "bad" games, just popularity.

For clarification, I played the Realm.  I played Meridian 59,  I played UO, I played SWG.  I played EverQuest, Neocron, Anarchy Online.  These were not "popular" successes, they were niche games, very small niches.

Anyone that disagrees with this is either confusing "like/love" for a game....or smoking crack. I tested or played the same, if not more/other MMOs from then to now. WoW made the genre....good or bad...but they did. Deal with it, know your history, and move on.

• GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198

I don't get the hype here, most people I know were bored before they even exited the tutorial.

You serious? 90% of the ESO threads are hate/rage/doom and pretty much every aspect of the game is like "THE WORST THING EVAHRRR". Hating ESO and telling everyone about it is one of the biggest mmorpg trends this year. Congrats on taking the hate train to the ESO is so bad aww mah gawd for realz naw guyz station.^^

I tested/played pretty much every mmorpg so far, but not a single one of them got as much hate as ESO and I dont get why. I played the betas and it was in the ok-good range, so I'll buy and play it for a few months.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Look's like the majority disagree with you.

I love the game and will play all weekend and launch.

• drowelfdrowelf Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by Iselin
    I guess the standards of the genre have slipped, just don't get this new generation of gamer who likes this shit. It isn't even a proper MMO, sad, I guess all the people who would have agreed left of boredom from this site years ago, mainly due to the lack of anything from the genre.

Here's a thought...maybe it's you, not the game.

or hobby any more, perhaps checkers or Dommios are more your speed.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

I TOO AM DISAPPOINTED.......

I have not received my check either

[mod edit]

• HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234

The game is great for exactly what I am looking to get out of a MMORPG. Target combat, impressive crafting, class/build flexibility, and RvR that looks and behaves like RvR, not some sort of ADHD crack-head swarm of ant-fest flipping targets (GW2).

Playing: varies every day it seems.

Originally posted by HellCaster
    The game is great for exactly what I am looking to get out of a MMORPG. Target combat, impressive crafting, class/build flexibility, and RvR that looks and behaves like RvR, not some sort of ADHD crack-head swarm of ant-fest flipping targets (GW2).

LMAO this^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+1