Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's official, Archeage RU banned all non russian ips.

2»

Comments

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by imagina

It was bound to happen, now that it's done, will they refund the ten of thousands of players that paid premium subscriptions ? There is a huge backlash against this on official Russians forums, there is also russians living in europe and playing with familly / friends in russia that are outraged by this.

Anyone got a good and free vpn/proxy to use ? :D don't want to stop playing XD

Now if only the US MMO Developers would do the same for Chinese IP's then maybe we could get rid of the damn farmers that ruin MMO GamePlay.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

i wish someone else would do the same with them some day.... i am seriously sick of playing shooters and other games with those russian cheaters.

anyone up for ban *!*@*.ru? :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Well a lot of MMO's blacklist outside IP addresses, I got plenty of VPN's that can get me onto other country's games like  (AA) if I wanted to play it although you can likely request a refund, or contact your Credit Card Issuer in 30 days for failure to deliver a product/service you paid for, Just don't use PayPal and try to get your money back with intangible goods its better to use credit-cards because they more-less give money back compared to PayPal.

I honestly think Arche Age is going to be a failure anyways they call it a sand-box MMO, but its not a true-sandbox MMO, a sand-box game allows you to make all player choices in a story line, as well as Learn/Craft everything in the game based on other posts I hear players are limited to how many crafts they can learn in (AA) and what skills/ability's they can choose/learn therefore its not a sand-box game.

There are only 3 MMO's worth playing now in my opinion possibly 4 if Star Citizen is good.

1.) Dark Fall

2.) EVE Online

3.) Star Citizen Possibly

4.) Final Fantasy is also sand-box based

MMO's that could have been great with proper innovation  but failures in my opinion.

APB Reloaded

Guild Wars 2

Tera

ESO

Aion

Vindictus

Age OF Wushu, Its a sand-box they say but its really not a true sand-box is this.

http://www.darkfallonline.com/manual/role-system

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by DMKano

I told my guild - stay away from AA russia, I knew this was gonna happen.

It did.

Good thing they listened and didn't play  AA Russia

AA NA/EU is near anyway - look at Glyph screenshot from venturebeat.com that Trion revealed yesterday - 

Also GDC is in 5 days - Trion will be showing AA there.

Heck Bill Murphy is interviewing Scott Hartsman on AA next week too.

So, I doubt that it's just coincidence that all these things are happening at the same time

Now - ESO launches next month - so I doubt that AA will launch next month - as nobody does major releases on top of another release (well Blizzard does - but they don't care as D3 is not a direct competitor to ESO)

But - obviously things are in motion - me thinks - we're getting close

Yeah, that would be needed, to be honest, i thought they would not start the blocking until Trion gets us all over to their beta.

No idea what thoughts are behind the timing, but it would really be better to offer a swap-over to Trion instead letting us hang down on what we would love to play.

So Trion, GET US IN !!!!

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by cheyane

What inemosz is talking about is google Russian proxy server. Google Chrome has an addon.Not sure how she is routing the game through the browser though.

He/she said Google DNS , which is a real thing (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4).......why would you assume he/she was tlaking about something else, esp since that something else also wouldnt affect their in game IP address either?

Don't make excuses for people :-)

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Originally posted by Anthur
    Originally posted by smokeybha
    In Soviet Russia games choose you. 

The lock was set by request of XLGAMES Inc., which is a Korean company. And region lock games exist in any country I can think of. Even in your country. And a country named Soviet Russia doesn't even exist anymore. Really...

the lock was set by XLgames, at the request of trion worlds.

Originally posted by mbrodie

The lock was set by request of XLGAMES Inc., which is a Korean company. And region lock games exist in any country I can think of. Even in your country. And a country named Soviet Russia doesn't even exist anymore. Really...

Umm no.

The IP lock is always set up by the hosting company - in this case mail.Ru.

The lock was requested by XLGames the developer/creator of ArcheAge.

Trion and mail.Ru are publishers they can't request anything from each other as ArcheAge is not their game - XLGAMES has to approve everything - its their game.

clearly you misunderstand...

Trion kicked up a stink to XLGames because they are meant to be publisher of the game for US / EU outside of the listed territories to play on Russian servers, due to the fact that they considered it copyright infringement that other people were able to access the servers (that being the customers they should be getting), clearly they were concerned people would not leave the russian servers for their servers.

So Trion had a cry  to XLGames, XLGames told Mail.Ru to IP block.

• smokeybhasmokeybha Member UncommonPosts: 129

Lol, It's a running internet joke yo. Get with the times. 

Lol, It's a running internet joke yo. Get with the times. 

in soviet russia, the times get with you :P

• smokeybhasmokeybha Member UncommonPosts: 129

lol

• DrinkFeckDrinkFeck Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Really started to enjoy my time in ArcheAge, looking forward to the western release which I feel Trion will be announcing shortly. ESO will keep me occupied until then.
  • alx12345alx12345 Member Posts: 39
  • VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

Sense of humour failure there...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_reversal

• ItsSatomiItsSatomi Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by Vonatar
    Sense of humour failure there...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_reversal

Never have I been so proud to be from Kyrgyzstan 

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Glad I was spot on in knowing something shady or unexpected was going to happen, been wanting to test AA for a while now, but I don't trust me connecting to Russian , let alone setting up an account or handing money to them, its nothing against the Russian people themselves  its their bad reputation of not securing their networks from hackers there which is rampant.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Originally posted by akiira69

It was bound to happen, now that it's done, will they refund the ten of thousands of players that paid premium subscriptions ? There is a huge backlash against this on official Russians forums, there is also russians living in europe and playing with familly / friends in russia that are outraged by this.

Now if only the US MMO Developers would do the same for Chinese IP's then maybe we could get rid of the damn farmers that ruin MMO GamePlay.

Never happen. China owns too much of the US now. China would have a tantrum.

Same can not be said for Russia and Korea. Different situation, and even though supposedly the Game Devs ordered the Region Lock outs my guess is that the order was actually requested by Russian Authorities. War or the threat of War can so funny things in the business world. Just a guess mind you.

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    I've been playing since it went live but have not bought any premium time as I knew this would eventually happen. I personally think this was purely XL's doing, but I'm kind of enjoying that hate being leveled at Trion. Maybe if they had been a little less cryptic and communicated with their base a bit more they might not be getting the ill-placed blame for this.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    I'd never heard of Russian reversal, you learn something new every day, even at my age.

maybe especially at my age.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

oO

i wonder who gave money to play on a Russian server ... when he knows that very soon it will be revealed from another publisher at his region details about the release of the same game ... what they expected ?

• SkorganSkorgan Member Posts: 6

Umm no.

The IP lock is always set up by the hosting company - in this case mail.Ru.

The lock was requested by XLGames the developer/creator of ArcheAge.

Trion and mail.Ru are publishers they can't request anything from each other as ArcheAge is not their game - XLGAMES has to approve everything - its their game.

clearly you misunderstand...

Trion kicked up a stink to XLGames because they are meant to be publisher of the game for US / EU outside of the listed territories to play on Russian servers, due to the fact that they considered it copyright infringement that other people were able to access the servers (that being the customers they should be getting), clearly they were concerned people would not leave the russian servers for their servers.

So Trion had a cry  to XLGames, XLGames told Mail.Ru to IP block.

Yes, right. Trion, shows us again his ugly face and stupidity

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

This is great !......From the Family Guy :)

• Insane666Insane666 Member UncommonPosts: 67

Thats the "mirror sanctions" put(a)in was threatening us/eu with if any sanctions would be issued in response to the crimea invasion,,,

Games previously played: AO, AoC, Aion, AoW, Eve, SWTor, WaR, STO, TSW, DCUO, FE, BP, ProjectEntropia, FootballSuperstars!