Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Streaming Titanfall

Comments

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

I'm surprised how quickly the titans die. they just spawn and die...

GFX are terrible.

Bad visibility is covered up with using bright red target markers.

Low survivability. Basically if someone shoots you die instantly.

go anywhere near a Titan and you get squashed.....dosent mater if they actually steped on you or not.

6 person PVP max. Small maps.

The game is terrible IMO.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

game looks boring :/ like a really small CS1.6 map setup with instant kill guns. 

titans look like they move like a turd as well i think the only thing this game really has over any other shooter is parkour which honestly isnt that impressive to make me buy it.

everything seems to die in like 1-4 hits from most weapons. 

how are the respawn rates? is it super fast  or super slow??

bf1942 max respawn slow of like 30seconds or instant of less then 5seconds? cause honestly in a super small player game respawns hurt

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

This game is fun !

It's not deep, its not the most compettitive or anything like that. But its as fun as it gets ! One of the best shooters i ever played, very interesting with varied elements through out the match. Very refreshing and with triple A polish quality !!!! Battlefield 4 devs should learn to polish a game with Respawn's. 

The graphics are good enough for a Multiplayer game, the scenary is very well made and stunning in some maps... with creatures flying, ships exploding and etc. The AI (Grunts) gives a sense of bigger scale in the match also makes your running towards an objective or hunting pilots (players) more interesting since you can kill them for points and faster titan respawn. 

The titan gameplay is very good and balanced, they are not overpowered yet they are powerfull enough.

This game deserves the praise it gets !

• dragonslayer4everdragonslayer4ever Member Posts: 22
    I just ordered my cd key from OffGamers and waiting for it to be delivered this week. Really looking forward to get my hands on it. 
  • Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by hcoelho

This game is fun !

It's not deep, its not the most compettitive or anything like that. But its as fun as it gets ! One of the best shooters i ever played, very interesting with varied elements through out the match. Very refreshing and with triple A polish quality !!!! Battlefield 4 devs should learn to polish a game with Respawn's. 

The graphics are good enough for a Multiplayer game, the scenary is very well made and stunning in some maps... with creatures flying, ships exploding and etc. The AI (Grunts) gives a sense of bigger scale in the match also makes your running towards an objective or hunting pilots (players) more interesting since you can kill them for points and faster titan respawn. 

The titan gameplay is very good and balanced, they are not overpowered yet they are powerfull enough.

I've no personal feelings on this game, since I'm passed my liking for MP-only shooters. But damn, the only thing I could think of when reading your post is the damn doge meme.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529
    Originally posted by Kaijin2k3

This game is fun !

I've no personal feelings on this game, since I'm passed my liking for MP-only shooters. But damn, the only thing I could think of when reading your post is the damn doge meme.

Maybe we should try talking in Portuguese then.... if you rather have me writing without mistakes and such. But i guess you wouldn't understand much, would you ,smart guy ? 

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by grndzro

GFX are terrible.

go anywhere near a Titan and you get squashed.....dosent mater if they actually steped on you or not.

Depends on the Titan and the operator. The Stryder is a bit weak, but the Atlas and Ogre are survivable. Plus, everyone seems to go barreling head first into combat thinking they are an invincible mech pilot in a Gundam. That's not the case.

Graphics are on par with a typical online first person shooter. The streamer might have their settings turned down to have acceptable framerates while recording.

I agree that the visibility isn't super great as everything tends to blend together a bit, but more playing should help alleviate that.

The game is as survivable as any other shooter I've played, outside of games like Loadout and TF2. I feel shotties are a bit op, considering the small maps.

I haven't found going near a Titan is a problem, it's especially not a problem if you use the terrain and drop down from above.

6 v 6 isn't a problem at all. The maps are smallish, hence why it's 6 v 6. I do hope they add some larger BF 3 sized maps, sniping tends to be somewhat problematic for me. Especially with the amount of shotty users there are.

All in all, Titanfall is one of the better shooters I've played. Last titan standing is by far the most fun game type, as it really showcases what the game is about...giant mechs blowing each other up. So glad there isn't any b.s. CoD killstreaks, and it's refreshing that the mechs aren't completely overpowered in comparison to infantry. Aside from possibly toning down shotgun damage, or increasing the rate of drop off damage at longer than medium distances will help. 

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by Kaijin2k3

This game is fun !

Maybe we should try talking in Portuguese then.... if you rather have me writing without mistakes and such. But i guess you wouldn't understand much, would you ,smart guy ? 

Typos and spelling errors aren't what that meme is about. I don't make fun of typos, as English isn't my first language either. Sorry you got the impression.

On an unrelated note: Eu posso entender pouco, mas nao muito. lol I raided for a while in WoW with two Brazilian raid leaders.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Enjoying the game a lot. image

• TissmogiTissmogi Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by grndzro

GFX are terrible.

You forgot waiting between matches longer than the a match takes to win. (not really but it's too long) 

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Yeah I was thinking about buying Titan-Fall but after asking a question on their site, and hearing about hackers already which they admit to cheaters running around cheating in the game.

http://www.respawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9679&p=115047&hilit=question+Buying#p115047

Then on top of this I was told there was only one game mode.

By the looks of the game Lack of Unique Customization.

No Third Person View.

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/443920813981724672 Thread where they admit there are cheaters and dealing with them.

What I see is good Art-Work, But what I see is also lack of innovation, not something I am wanting to play with perhaps if they offer a Free Trial Period, or in a month from now a lot of players are saying its a great game then maybe I will buy it otherwise I am waiting until the price goes down a lot because of the lack of content the game has based on what others have told me and what I have read about only one game mode.

What I want to play is a game like Planet Side, in a big world, but with-out all the lag the Planet Side 2 has, basically a sand-box combat game with actual player mining, bases, objectives, building etc, and Real Customization something Planet Side 2 could have been but lack of innovation there.

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Titanfall? More like Titanfail!!! :) Sorry, had to...
  • DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

I played the beta on xbox1, it's great fun, would help if the team your on talked to each other and you might do better, at times it looks like the other team (or at least some) are talking and sharing info whereas everyone your with is a mute lol

It's still great fun tho, will have to pick up a copy sometime