Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Launch Slated for June 3rd, Preorder Date Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Carbine Studios has announced that its highly anticipated title, WildStar, will officially hit retail release on June 3, 2014. Preorders will begin on March 19th with the Standard Edition running $59.99 and the Digital Deluxe Edition running $74.99. Each edition of the game includes 30-days of game time and several perks.

Players who pre-order have early access to several closed and open beta events and will receive a variety of exclusive in-game items and perks, including:

• Early game access beginning May 31 (three days prior to the game’s official launch).

• An exclusive Rocket House

• A mini-ship housing decoration, which grants players additional rest experience points.

• A 10-slot storage bag to increase character inventory

• The opportunity to reserve character and guild names prior to launch.

WildStar will be available in two versions. The Standard Edition includes the game, 30 days of play time, and three 7-day friend passes, as well as an Eldan-themed Housing Décor item. For an additional $15, the Digital Deluxe version of WildStar includes all elements of the Standard Edition as well as an even larger package of exclusive content: an Eldan Hoverboard, a unique costume, a unique Eldan player title and a limited-edition Eldan dye set.

Find out more about the preorder program on the WildStar site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• iftachbyiftachby Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Wooo, count me excited! :)
  • LimitLimit Member Posts: 56
    $60 and $15 a month? get out of here. Even if the game is good, there are still really good games out there with better value for money.
  • iftachbyiftachby Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Originally posted by Limit

$60 and $15 a month? get out of here. Even if the game is good, there are still really good games out there with better value for money.

I don't understand the new trend to bash p2p games. It has long been discussed that a good p2p mmorpg is one of the cheapest forms of entertainment in the long term.
    I guess people are spoiled by f2p nowadays?
  • Arachneus1Arachneus1 Member UncommonPosts: 248
    its also free to play if you wish to buy gametime with in-game gold rather than spend $15 a month.  I'm perfectly fine with paying box + monthly though for this game.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    When will the pre-orders go on sale ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA

Typo in your message: Early game access beginning Tuesday, May 31

May 31st is a Saturday...Tuesday would be June 3rd release day

Originally posted by Elsabolts
    When will the pre-orders go on sale ?

It's in the post:

"Preorders will begin on March 19th with the Standard Edition running $59.99 and the Digital Deluxe Edition running $74.99. Each edition of the game includes 30-days of game time and several perks."

I see it now.
                                            MAGA
    Originally posted by iftachby

I don't understand the new trend to bash p2p games. It has long been discussed that a good p2p mmorpg is one of the cheapest forms of entertainment in the long term. I guess people are spoiled by f2p nowadays?

Perhaps. Or maybe It's just also being bled dry by DLC packages on games combined has made it somewhat tiresome. I think other business models are the way forward now for mmos.

• TyranosinTyranosin Member Posts: 56
    how long do you guys think untill this game b2p or f2p ?

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I don't understand the new trend to bash p2p games. It has long been discussed that a good p2p mmorpg is one of the cheapest forms of entertainment in the long term. I guess people are spoiled by f2p nowadays?

Perhaps. Or maybe It's just also being bled dry by DLC packages on games combined has made it somewhat tiresome. I think other business models are the way forward now for mmos.

have you looked at those other business models? The business model has a direct impact within the game. They can change the overall game play. Especially if such a business model is designed to encourage players to spend money on "convenience". In reality, it's designed so that players have to spend money to avoid intentional inconvenience. I'm getting tired of PVRNG.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by gmn312

Maybe in 6 to 10 years

Till it is announced that Wildstar will be coming out on Xbox and PS4

MAGA
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

You can always farm credd for the p2p players and not pay a single sub fee.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/business-model/

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Precusor

You can always farm credd for the p2p players and not pay a single sub fee.

Oooo. A part time job to pay for entertainment! :)

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

Even though I did not like the game during beta weekend..I hope never. I want to see P2P games make a come back and am rooting for this game regardless of my feelings towards it.

• dirtyd77dirtyd77 Member UncommonPosts: 383

Please tell me what games you are referencing?  I prefer the sub model b/c it is the best value in my eyes. A set cost that has all content included and you are not forced to by more.  

With freemium/f2p games I can only think people would spend more than on a traditional sub model ... that is just an assumption as I have nothing to back it up..... but seeing how people impulse buy I am sure it carries over into the gaming world.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Precusor
    Originally posted by gmn312 how long do you guys think untill this game b2p or f2p ?
    Maybe in 6 to 10 years

lol...oh man. Can we take a step back to reality?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by dirtyd77

Please tell me what games you are referencing?  I prefer the sub model b/c it is the best value in my eyes. A set cost that has all content included and you are not forced to by more.  

With freemium/f2p games I can only think people would spend more than on a traditional sub model ... that is just an assumption as I have nothing to back it up..... but seeing how people impulse buy I am sure it carries over into the gaming world.

I play GW2 and LoL. GW2 is a huge game, extremely good and insane value for money with no monthly fee.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Originally posted by Arachneus1

Typo in your message: Early game access beginning Tuesday, May 31

May 31st is a Saturday...Tuesday would be June 3rd release day

Actually, that was a quote from the official press release. :D I just removed the day. :D Thanks!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

I play GW2 and LoL. GW2 is a huge game, extremely good and insane value for money with no monthly fee.

GW2 and...that's it. That's your only exemple of "better games" . ( No, I don't count LoL as MMORPG ) . So yes, beside GW2 which I agree with you, is a really rich and good game, there are close to none.. other games "with better value for money". If you fail to see that, then please, go back to GW2 and LoL. 

As someone else said, I really want to see P2P games succeed , because the impact of F2P in the last years, has "downgraded" the MMO gender by ..... A LOT.

On topic : AH! Finally. About time to see this game shine.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Originally posted by IceAge

GW2 and...that's it. That's your only exemple of "better games" . ( No, I don't count LoL as MMORPG ) . So yes, beside GW2 which I agree with you, is a really rich and good game, there are close to none.. other games "with better value for money". If you fail to see that, then please, go back to GW2 and LoL. 

As someone else said, I really want to see P2P games succeed , because the impact of F2P in the last years, has "downgraded" the MMO gender by ..... A LOT.

O I'm not against P2P games succeeding at all, if it's worth my money I would play it. However, it needs to surpass a game like GW2 in many ways to make it WORTH all that extra money over the course of a year.

The problem is many P2P games recently, don't offer anything special over games like GW2 to make it WORTH it. Time will tell, I would love another like WoW to come along and be that special game we haven't seen for decades and be worth my monthly fee.

Is Wildstar the next leap in MMO evolution?

Convince me of that.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
     days are marked! 'wildstar holiday weekend' ...
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Did you miss the part where he said 'better value for money'?

I don't understand the trend to automatically assume that  any person who doesn't consider a new P2P MMO to be worth his money is spoiled by F2P.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by IceAge

O I'm not against P2P games succeeding at all, if it's worth my money I would play it. However, it needs to surpass a game like GW2 in many ways to make it WORTH all that extra money over the course of a year.

The problem is many P2P games recently, don't offer anything special over games like GW2 to make it WORTH it. Time will tell, I would love another like WoW to come along and be that special game we haven't seen for decades and be worth my monthly fee.

Is Wildstar the next leap in MMO evolution?

Convince me of that.

F2P games don't offer anything special either and if that is your criteria, then why play it for free or for a cost?  Obviously it isn't a true concern if you're willing to put up with it for the illusionary free play time.  If I'm not interested in a game, you couldn't pay met to play it, let alone jump in for supposedly free game time.