Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will You Be Playing In ESO Adventure Zones?

I'm anxious for the full information on the ESO adventure zones! So far it sounds like a lot of fun. Will you be playing in adventure zones?

Why or why not?

Comments

• timidobservertimidobserver Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Originally posted by Abardomas

I'm anxious for the full information on the ESO adventure zones! So far it sounds like a lot of fun. Will you be playing in adventure zones?

Why or why not?

Thread is kind of jumping the gun given that we have no info atm. 

• Blackstar347Blackstar347 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Considering the people they are notifying about the "adventure zones coming soon" are the small batch of internal testers for the PTS I wouldn't expect them to be in at launch in any form. Until we get more info and they're actually implemented into the game after launch I can't really say.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    what the hell is a adventure zone?
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Adventure zone is this big putt putt golf course near me that also has go-carts....

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• AbardomasAbardomas Member Posts: 159

what I know about them so far is at ESO Universe I have no idea when more info will be released but there is some there and a video

• PalaziousPalazious Member Posts: 162

They have some info on the Craglorn Adventure Zone over at Tamriel Foundry.

IMO, it sounds like a plane from EQ1 with the boss mob in its own instance.  Along with that there are several dungeons that are in there as well.

It sounds pretty cool to me.

Palazious <The Vindicators> Darkfall
    Palazious r40, rr45 SW War
    Palazious 50 Pirate PoTBS
    Palazious 35 Sorcerer Vanguard
    Palazious 75 wizard EQ
    Paladori 50 Champion LOTRO
    Poppa Reaver bugged at rank15

It’s an outdoor area with multiple public dungeons, wayshrines, landmarks and other objectives. In many ways it’s just a normal zone – except every living thing there is far greater to handle, and the mobs they come out with are enormous!

I cannot wait :)

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

It’s an outdoor area with multiple public dungeons, wayshrines, landmarks and other objectives. In many ways it’s just a normal zone – except every living thing there is far greater to handle, and the mobs they come out with are enormous!

Smells like an instance to me.  Which is pretty much in every WoW clone out there.

Originally posted by DMKano

Umm you are completely wrong.

ESOs adventure zones are 16-20man instanced raid zones.

At least thats the last I heard - this coming week we will hear details from the devs for the forest time.

I'm pretty sure they are outdoor open zones and the 16-20 man instances take off from different areas in the zone.

Palazious 75 wizard EQ

• RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445

DMKano he is right except i think for the size of the mobs.  You can find some data here:

http://esohead.com/zones/603-craglorn

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/craglorn-adventure-zone/

For the above link go to minute 4:25

Palazious 75 wizard EQ

This is why I can't wait for them to just release the information. Why are they taking so long with all of this? I don't get it

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

So looks like additional zones designed for group play. I believe it is for end game group play from duo to 12 man play. Looks to have dungeons, world bosses, quests and whatever you would expect in any of the full faction zones. I wonder if any faction can be in these zones at the same time or if it is just for faction play?

This would be a great way to continue to add content with new Adventure zones designed for group play at end game. This would be much better than a typical raid IMO. They are trying to get that 1st zone in the game before launch. Don't know if they will make it, but it will be for level 50, so shouldn't be a big deal if it is left off for the first update in 4 to 6 weeks.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Yep.  I know that it's PvE-related adventure content, that's enough for me to know i'll be doing it.   

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    This question is kinda premature we don't really have a whole lot of info yet on these areas.....
  • IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by jelliuz
    Originally posted by Satarious

Smells like an instance to me.  Which is pretty much in every WoW clone out there.

Yes yes, let's put together 500K players in 1 big raid , because yeah, instances are so wow-clone. 

This absolute hating-joke is seriously getting ridiculous. Stop it or hang yourself.

Are you implying that there will be 500,000 players in an adventure zone?  Care to share the details?

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Originally posted by Satarious

WoW Clone? Hmm, let's see what it shares with WoW?

• Two Factions? Nope, ESO has 3.
    • Cartoon style graphics? Nope, ESO has a more photo-realistic style.
    • Tab targeting and mindless ability rotation combat? Nope, ESO has active targeting, blocking, and dodging.
    • End game based on instanced raiding? Nope, ESO has massive open PvP area, Outdoor Adventure Zones and the ability to play through two other complete storylines.
    • Boring and rather pointless crafting system? Nope, ESO has a very deep, enjoyable and most of all, useful crafting system.
    • PvP and PvE gear grinds? Nope. No specific PvE and PvP gear in ESO.
    • Auction House system? Nope, players in ESO actually have to communicate with each other. Especially if their guilds do not own a keep in PvP.
    Yeah, sure sounds like a WoW clone to me.
  • VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    Why don't we have any solid information on "adventure zones" when they're already selling boxes?
  • JHenryJHenry Member Posts: 188
    no brainer question. YES.

SOLA - www.solaguild.com
    (christian guild. Being christian is not required for membership though)

That's a great answer! I could never have gotten the point across that well :)

That is true :)

Originally posted by Prhyme
    Why don't we have any solid information on "adventure zones" when they're already selling boxes?

This is exactly my point! All this info should have been out already

Originally posted by Prhyme

I'm not sure Adventure Zones will make it off the Public Test Server and on to the live server before launch. I have the definite feeling that these will be a very early patch to the game. Maybe by the time the Xbox One and PS4 versions launch in June. But, that's got no inside info behind it, just a gut feeling.

Originally posted by Arndush
    Originally posted by Satarious Originally posted by Abardomas It’s an outdoor area with multiple public dungeons, wayshrines, landmarks and other objectives. In many ways it’s just a normal zone – except every living thing there is far greater to handle, and the mobs they come out with are enormous! I cannot wait :)
    WoW Clone? Hmm, let's see what it shares with WoW?
    • Two Factions? Nope, ESO has 3.
    • Cartoon style graphics? Nope, ESO has a more photo-realistic style.
    • Tab targeting and mindless ability rotation combat? Nope, ESO has active targeting, blocking, and dodging.
    • End game based on instanced raiding? Nope, ESO has massive open PvP area, Outdoor Adventure Zones and the ability to play through two other complete storylines. Boring and rather pointless crafting system? Nope, ESO has a very deep, enjoyable and most of all, useful crafting system. PvP and PvE gear grinds? Nope. No specific PvE and PvP gear in ESO. Auction House system? Nope, players in ESO actually have to communicate with each other. Especially if their guilds do not own a keep in PvP.
    Yeah, sure sounds like a WoW clone to me.

Very well said. I felt the same way but wouldn't have been able to state it so clearly!

They really should have more info on it available though. I mean, it took a long time to release all 303 skyshard locations too! (I linked it for those who don't yet have it)

Very well said. I felt the same way but wouldn't have been able to state it so clearly!

They really should have more info on it available though. I mean, it took a long time to release all 303 skyshard locations too! (I linked it for those who don't yet have it)

Well, that happened faster than I thought. Thanks for this by the way. I've already bookmarked it and shared with my guild. :)