Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you buy ROS and why ?

Comments

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by Barilios
    1200 hours of game play 400,000 monster kills and 25,000 elite kills and nothing and I mean nothing to show for it with the exception of being banned from the  blizzard forums for posting my stats. SO THE ANSWER IS BLIZZARD CAN KISS MY ARSE I WILL NEVER EVER GIVE THEM A DIME OF MY MONEY EVER EVER AGAIN.

Yea, im sure thats the reason you were banned.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Cheapskates in every thread these days.  The pricing of video games has not fluctuated drastically over the last 30 years.  No one should be surprised as the price for an expansion is right in the normal meter.  It's all you cheapskates that are multiplying and crying about pricing on anything and everything. That's my professional opinion.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Cheapskates in every thread these days.  The pricing of video games has not fluctuated drastically over the last 30 years.  No one should be surprised as the price for an expansion is right in the normal meter.  It's all you cheapskates that are multiplying and crying about pricing on anything and everything. That's my professional opinion.

I actually agree with this. Complaining about price of commodities? Get a job. Have a job? Work towards a better one.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Lord no.

Even If I wanted to, I couldn't without re-buying D3, as I sold my copy for 45$ the Monday after D3 was released.

It was a crappy impulse buy on my part, but at least I was able to re-coup most of the money I threw away.

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

Yes I will.

I actually enjoyed D3. Never played completely through Diablo or Diablo 2 and though I enjoyed their atmosphere better (and art design) I seem to have been able to make it through D3.

I'd like to play through on the new class and experience some of the new/additional changes. Since I don't think the cost is a big deal it's not an issue.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Nope.  The Xpac is 1 extra act; ie 1/3 of what the original game offered.  Therefore I'm not gonna pay 2/3 the price of the full game for it. 

You shouldn't mistake a lack of willingness to pay X amount of dollars for a product with not having the money; it hardly seems a professional opinion to make such a wild assumption.  I have the money, and one of the reasons I do is because I make smart buying decisions.  Not buying this Xpac is one of them.

Originally posted by Robsolf

Nope.  The Xpac is 1 extra act; ie 1/3 of what the original game offered.  Therefore I'm not gonna pay 2/3 the price of the full game for it. 

You shouldn't mistake a lack of willingness to pay X amount of dollars for a product with not having the money; it hardly seems a professional opinion to make such a wild assumption.  I have the money, and one of the reasons I do is because I make smart buying decisions.  Not buying this Xpac is one of them.

Stop using fractions and arithmetic for game content vs. pricing makes you look silly and foolish.

Stop using fractions and arithmetic for game content vs. pricing makes you look silly and foolish.

Stop making assumptions about people's economic status to determine why people disagree with you.  It makes you look silly and foolish.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

I'm passing until the price comes down, just too many good games that I can play for free atm. I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point but I'm in no huge hurry.

Stop making assumptions about people's economic status to determine why people disagree with you.  It makes you look silly and foolish.

Nice, real original pal. You might as well be a 12 year old. That would explain why you are complaining about pricing, but hey you live at home so you should have more disposable income.  Live a little spend and extra 15 dollars, might make you feel normal.

Nice, real original pal. You might as well be a 12 year old. That would explain why you are complaining about pricing.

Wow.  More assumptions.  Got any more?

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

I cant quite agree with this statement.

PC games used to cost an average of about $40 and use to come in a fancy box with manuals the size of small novels and it was not uncommon to get a cloth map or some other paraphernalia.

Within the last couple years PC games have basically gone from an average of $49 to a new average of $59

Most PC games today are sold via digital download and have zero physical  materials which provide the publisher's with a major increase to they're bottom line.

Many games are an excellent entertainment value for the prices they are sold for today, but to suggest that prices haven't changed in 30 years is by no means accurate. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906
    Originally posted by laserit

PC games used to cost an average of about $40 and use to come in a fancy box with manuals the size of small novels and it was not uncommon to get a cloth map or some other paraphernalia.

Within the last couple years PC games have basically gone from an average of $49 to a new average of $59

Most PC games today are sold via digital download and have zero physical  materials which provide the publisher's with a major increase to they're bottom line.

Many games are an excellent entertainment value for the prices they are sold for today, but to suggest that prices haven't changed in 30 years is by no means accurate. 

I remember Diablo came with an extra multiplayer disk for your buddy. We were like holy shit Blizzard is awesome. Man we miss them.

I'm very tempted to get this. I suppose You need to buy the original game first?

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

Nice, real original pal. You might as well be a 12 year old. That would explain why you are complaining about pricing.

They are not assumptions, they are well informed and  logical conclusions from judging ones character from said responses.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Originally posted by FinalFikus

I remember Diablo came with an extra multiplayer disk for your buddy. We were like holy shit Blizzard is awesome. Man we miss them.

I'm very tempted to get this. I suppose You need to buy the original game first?

Yes but you can the combo for $60 from Blizzard themselves. Buy the Vanilla Diablo 3 and during checkout, you will get an option to buy the Combo pack for $60.

Originally posted by FinalFikus

Yep!  Definitely need D3 to play. 

If you wait a bit, they'll probably have a bundle option at some point.

Edit:  Somebody beat me to it.  $60 for both sounds like a good deal to me.

They are not assumptions, they are well informed and  logical conclusions from judging ones character from said responses.

Got any character judgements for someone who trolls 12 year olds who have no money?

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by DMKano

Yes because lvl 70 gear makes current 60 gear an absolute joke.

Also want to play the crusader.

But its mostly for new lvl 70 gear.

and also adventure mode + loot runs ... essentially true infinite dungeons. That is a feature probably worth $40 on its own.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,256

Last week I would have overwhelmingly said not a chance would I buy RoS. My reason was loot. I played the first 3 months of DiabloIII and sporadically since. I only found 3 legendaries (not including the guaranteed 1st time boss kill drops).

I played this weekend three or four times for a total of about 5 or 6 hours and got 10 Legendary drops. I've upgraded three or four pieces and my damage has gone from 65k to 102k.

I'll play this weekend and see if the game is still fun aside from just the drops. I have to keep in mind eventually the drops won't be upgrades and then what...

Originally posted by angerbeaver

Last week I would have overwhelmingly said not a chance would I buy RoS. My reason was loot. I played the first 3 months of DiabloIII and sporadically since. I only found 3 legendaries (not including the guaranteed 1st time boss kill drops).

I played this weekend three or four times for a total of about 5 or 6 hours and got 10 Legendary drops. I've upgraded three or four pieces and my damage has gone from 65k to 102k.

I'll play this weekend and see if the game is still fun aside from just the drops. I have to keep in mind eventually the drops won't be upgrades and then what...

Yep!  Loot is way better now, and there seems to be alot less junk.  Thanks to the new difficulty options, gold seems to come alot quicker, even though I salvage almost everything these days. 

• Ryoshi1Ryoshi1 Member Posts: 139

bought it, probably going to play it on and off though and make room for ESO :D

/d3sobadbendsoverfortheblizzagain

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    1200 hours of game play 400,000 monster kills and 25,000 elite kills and nothing and I mean nothing to show for it with the exception of being banned from the  blizzard forums for posting my stats. SO THE ANSWER IS BLIZZARD CAN KISS MY ARSE I WILL NEVER EVER GIVE THEM A DIME OF MY MONEY EVER EVER AGAIN.

I believe I referenced you in my previous post in this thread. O.o

1000 hours and nothing to show I believe it was in your other posts. Have you played another 200 Hours?

And yeah I am sure there is more to the story about your ban....

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,256
    Originally posted by jdnewell

1000 hours and nothing to show I believe it was in your other posts. Have you played another 200 Hours?

I believe him. I played 3 months and off and on afterwards and I never found any upgrades with the exception of this weekend. I don't think I hit near his hours or elites killed but I can definitely believe not getting drops

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,359
    Nope. First time through was enough for me to see what they're selling now.
  • Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by angerbeaver
    Originally posted by jdnewell

I believe him. I played 3 months and off and on afterwards and I never found any upgrades with the exception of this weekend. I don't think I hit near his hours or elites killed but I can definitely believe not getting drops

I got upgrades all the time pre-patch. But then, I didn't use the AH and buy the best gear. I found my own only. So my gear was less than ideal (crap), but the whole point of the game is the item hunt, which the AH ruined IMO. Now it's way better.