Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best gear will be looted, not crafted.

191011121315»

Comments

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190
    Originally posted by Mithoronette

But the point is, it CAN be done...you admitted it yourself.  Regardless of the cost to get such materials.  What MMO have you ever been in that a year from release when end level was obtained by greater than half the population that materials' costs were really an issue if they were random drops?  The bottom line is it CAN be done, so beyond saving some money (which is superfluous at endgame after a long time of playing) what's the incentive to crafting with the stated changes to crafting?

You are all missing the big picture, and that is the reason for leveling crafting...the above example is possible and again, states why Golden Tiger stated there is little reason to level up crafting at this point due to the trait nerf.  The entire point is there should be something beyond having an improvement bot available to level up epic dropped gear....

Again you are implying the generation of legendary mats will be significantly greater than the demand for them. Please provide some substantive evidence this is the case. 

Just a bit of logic outlines why your argument is flawed. The devs have already stated legendary mats will not be in chests which means at best they are raid/high end rare drops (not even that is confirmed). The ONLY other way to obtain those mats (confirmed by devs) is through a high level crafter with substantial points invested in 3 of their passives. Those passives CANNOT be obtained at level 1 crafting.

The three primary ways to obtain legendary mats is as follows:

1) Breaking down an item of equal level (legendary item)

2) Refining top end materials in your crafting line (which is crafting level dependent)

3) Hirelings (which is crafting level dependent)

So unless the entire player base is going to do high end crafting for multiple lines, the demand will always be greater than supply. To say cost is not a factor is completely false, it has everything to do with upgrading. The cost will likely be so prohibitive outside of guild circles that a player is greater served investing the time and points into crafting than trying to "buy" their legendary upgrade. 

Simple economics will drive the need for high level crafters purely for the legendary upgrades alone. 

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

Originally posted by atziluth

x
    x

I hate bumping this thread, it should die off, but the three methods of obtaining these items are in my other threads post,  NOTE how they say they restricted it to these three meothods to keep crafters valuable.

Yes, they have regulated the drop rates of the mats so as to keep the "crafters valuable"

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/view/forums/thread/407278/page/4  my last post
    My post towards the bottom, with sources and all, straight from Paul Sages mouth.

• Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    THE BEST GEAR SHOULD BE CRAFTED.PERIOD.

I disagree....

If the best gear is crafted, no one will bother with PVE after a certain point.

The best gear should be attainable via PVE and/or Crafting

Now if you truly want to make a viable system period, you need to allow far more customization options when crafting gear.

DAOC is a perfect example of that, While you had things like Artifacts and PVE drops that would be used in templates, and were better then what you crafted, you still needed Crafted items to fill in your templates, This is why a Stat Cap in general is always nice because it sets up what ya need to get when crafting or looking for drops.

However the whole notion that the best gear should just be crafted is silly...

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by free2play
    I wonder how many Crafters pre ordered compliments of this bait and switch?

I was about to. I was all set to pre order on my next payday. Now, due to crafting, I've postponed my plans for TESO. 

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Sauron was the greatest blacksmith in middle earth, and was actually like the patron saint of blacksmithing.  One of his names was Artano, "high-smith". 

Even in one of the greatest fantasy epics ever written the antagonist is an accomplished crafter.

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

Unfortunatly there is no screenshots or videos anywhere on the internet that shows what a R10 fully upgraded legendary item with 1. a trait, and 2. a legendary enchantment.  Nor is there a legendary upgraded loot drop anywhere on the internet, if you have a screenshot lets see it.

What we do know...   is that both loots and crafted can be Rank 10 and legendary.  Which is the Exact same Quality raiting.  Until we see screenshots or a video to say otherwise, I don't see how we can just assume that they are unequal in any way.

Does anyone have a screenshot or video of a Rank 10 Legendary item with 1. a trait and 2. an enchantment on it?

Also does anyone have a screenshot or video of a Rank 10 Legendary upgraded drop?

If you do please post it you will be an internet first, no one on the entire internet has shown either of these two thingst.  

The OP and the person he quotes have also been unable and unwilling  to show us any screenshots or video of this, to back up their pretty unbelievable claims they are making in this thread.

Until we see evidence of just one screenshot or video, I asy this thread is full of  it.image

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Knotwood

Unfortunatly there is no screenshots or videos anywhere on the internet that shows what a R10 fully upgraded legendary item with 1. a trait, and 2. a legendary enchantment.  Nor is there a legendary upgraded loot drop anywhere on the internet, if you have a screenshot lets see it.

What we do know...   is that both loots and crafted can be Rank 10 and legendary.  Which is the Exact same Quality raiting.  Until we see screenshots or a video to say otherwise, I don't see how we can just assume that they are unequal in any way.

Does anyone have a screenshot or video of a Rank 10 Legendary item with 1. a trait and 2. an enchantment on it?

Also does anyone have a screenshot or video of a Rank 10 Legendary upgraded drop?

If you do please post it you will be an internet first, no one on the entire internet has shown either of these two thingst.  

The OP and the person he quotes have also been unable and unwilling  to show us any screenshots or video of this, to back up their pretty unbelievable claims they are making in this thread.

Until we see evidence of just one screenshot or video, I asy this thread is full of  it.image

What you are asking for is quite reasonable. I would also be very interested in seeing for myself.

However, I think there has been enough discussion in this thread to justify a measure of concern. I don't feel that anything has been definitively addressed one way or another. The issue in this thread still has a shadow of "what if" lingering. And for that reason, I am taking a wait and see approach to this issue. Otherwise, it's just burying our head in the sand and taking what we get, like it or not.