Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Breaking News - Housing Announced

1235»

Comments

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by wgc01
    LOL More stuff for the cartel market, I am glad the game has fans, I am huge Star Wars fan, and I played TOR loved the 8 storey lines, after that the game offered me nothing, I have never seen a game so monetized, in my life, and give you nothing for your money... I hope the fans enjoy that's all matters..:)

Never seen a game so monetized?  Funny, after I pay my sub fee, I seem to get access to every non-cosmetic element in the game.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• RazimusRazimus Member UncommonPosts: 128
    I guarantee this "HOUSING" in quotes, will not be housing, it will be housing as much as the local bus station is your own personal house. Sure you can stand there, sure you can invite people there, sure you can claim it's yours but in reality it is not your house. I'm guessing Guild Wars style housing where no one can see it but you and invited friends and it serves zero purpose whatsoever, don't even have to question of course it'll be instanced, so do the math SWTOR fans, it'll be the worst possible scenario for "housing" you've ever seen, ever played SWTOR and wanted to be standing in a building you can't do anything in? Well now you can, from this point of view any random old abandoned building/room in the game can be your 'house' in your mind, in the end it's just a cheap marketing ploy, kind of like their free credit packages promising 2 rare items and you check out the auction house only to find out those 2 rare items you got were the most common items in the auction house valued at 1 sheckle, since when did the word 'rare' change it's meaning to now mean 'worthless'? Good luck I for one look forward to Star Citizen, the online space sim of online space sims.

--- Razimus

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343
    Wonder how much US Dollars it'll cost.....don't think for a second EA is going to _give_ this away.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    YES, it's about time. Wayyyyy too much time spent on things like flashpoints and the starfighter expansion. I had pretty much stopped logging in for the last couple months. This will give me a reason to keep my sub for a while longer. 

• EbanyEbany Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Cool, they copied Star Citizen to sucker more money out of fools.  Not sure if I should laugh or feel sorry for the people who play this game, their mentality is no better than crack addicts.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    LOL More stuff for the cartel market, I am glad the game has fans, I am huge Star Wars fan, and I played TOR loved the 8 storey lines, after that the game offered me nothing, I have never seen a game so monetized, in my life, and give you nothing for your money... I hope the fans enjoy that's all matters..:)

Never seen a game so monetized?  Funny, after I pay my sub fee, I seem to get access to every non-cosmetic element in the game.

Correct me if im wrong but the last time i played (about a month ago) there were a lot of cash shop cosmetic stuff that not even subscribers get for free as part of their subs. Again, correct me if im wrong. You said non-cosmetic, but i think that for a subscriber all the cosmetics should be given for free.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Stop being so cheap then? 15 bucks a month gets you everything the game. I have never spent an extra dime in cash shop. Since every item in the cartel packs is also avilable on the GTN.

A game so monetized my ass.

• djinniusdjinnius Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    The reactions in this thread is the exact reason why I've said in the past that Bioware should not waste their time on features such as this. It's time and money wasted trying to please a group of people that will never be satisfied.That time would be better used for increasing the story content. No one I know in game was asking for a house.

Yeah but... You cant sell "Class story Packs" XD Oops... Crap, I may have given them an idea... "Class Mission Packs", with 1 Major Exp class bonus, 1 Random Class mission, 1 Companion gift.

I loved TOR, had hours of fun playing it, roleplaying with friends and all. But lets be honest, they stopped caring. They release new "Packs" every 2 weeks, with new reputations you can only unlock by... buying the new packs in order to unlock cool items with... Pack obtained currencies! Yay!

OK, Makeb was nice. Oricon was nice. Galactic starfighter added a new feature which is cool and kind of a must in a SW game...

But... The main appeal, the main reason a lot of people were attracted, were the stories. And thats the aspect that seems to have been completely dumped in favour of Packs...

I find it harder to log in...

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Will it tie in to the Legacy system?

e.g. all your faction characters present in one house?

I´d like to see my alts sitting on the couch reading  a book :D

Well I might reinstall to check it out when it´s ready. I´ll try to keep expectations low...

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I've always liked housing in an mmo, but I've never been a fan of instanced housing where you don't even get to build the house yourself.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Great game, glad to see them making tweaks.  Little too late for me, also, the only way I would ever come back is if they remove the stupid faction zone locks.  I got to level 48 or 58 whichever is just under max level and decided to go to Anchorhead to check it out.  Low and behold, I am imperial and could not get in because of an invisible barrier.  That turned me off and I logged that day to never return.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• bobbiacbobbiac Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Sigh. Instanced housing? Not even open world instanced? Nope.